HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   How to Beat Defenseman? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=436147)

tisting9 10-29-2007 01:30 PM

How to Beat Defenseman?

What are some good tricks or moves on how to beat defenseman, like in 1 on 1s, 1 on 2s, and 2 on 2s?

Roy G Biv* 10-29-2007 02:00 PM

1 on 1:
Skate backwards with puck, at full speed towards the defenseman. Protect the puck. He'll have to stop and try to stand you up before you guys reach the crease. When he does this, he'll commit to one side. Roll off him and shoot on net. Be sure to make suggestive comments the whole time.

1 on 2:
Skate between them while yelling "I got him" in each D-man's voice, which you should have perfected beforehand.

2 on 2:
Have your player skate directly infront of you, almost right above your stick. He should set picks and cause mayhem. Drop a smoke bomb, go wide, and cut in on the goalie and roof it 5-hole.

My hockey DVD should be out just in time for the holidays.

Crosbyfan 10-29-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy G Biv (Post 10978626)
1 on 1:
Skate backwards with puck, at full speed towards the defenseman. Protect the puck. He'll have to stop and try to stand you up before you guys reach the crease. When he does this, he'll commit to one side. Roll off him and shoot on net. Be sure to make suggestive comments the whole time.

1 on 2:
Skate between them while yelling "I got him" in each D-man's voice, which you should have perfected beforehand.

2 on 2:
Have your player skate directly infront of you, almost right above your stick. He should set picks and cause mayhem. Drop a smoke bomb, go wide, and cut in on the goalie and roof it 5-hole.

:biglaugh:

lotus 10-29-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

2 on 2:

bahah

We'reGonnaWin* 10-29-2007 04:30 PM

Hahahah. 5 Stars. :D

Someone should REALLY make a YouTube parady of all those Skinner, Stamm hockey skill videos.

greekdrummer 10-29-2007 05:07 PM

roof it 5 hole ;)

vancityluongo 10-29-2007 06:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbKw3oAWgl8

;)

spoon* 10-29-2007 06:55 PM

Quote:

1 on 1:

Quote:

1 on 2:

Quote:

2 on 2:

you're a gem

windflare 10-29-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

1 on 1:

1 on 2:

2 on 2:

LMAO :biglaugh: :handclap:

Redden Hogalot* 10-29-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

1 on 1:

1 on 2:

2 on 2:

How much? :biglaugh:

Talent Analyst 10-29-2007 08:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdea48p3yF0

:teach:

welcomebackwinnipeg 10-29-2007 09:34 PM

Go wide, always keep your feet moving. If you have good hands, then it's a little different.

I know this contradicts what I just said, but sometimes if the defender is good, changing your speed is a good idea so that you can catch him flat footed. It's sort of hard to explain it through the keyboard.

McNasty 10-30-2007 12:24 AM

Change of speed is what I was going to suggest, if you have decent hands when you change speeds if he committs to the outside then slide it between the front of his skates and his stick and go to the slot.

Everest 10-30-2007 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McNasty (Post 10987184)
Change of speed is what I was going to suggest, if you have decent hands when you change speeds if he committs to the outside then slide it between the front of his skates and his stick and go to the slot.

This one slays people. Drive wide...on your OFF wing..and then tuck it under his stick...this enables you to arrive in the slot on your forehand...very easy money.

Transported Upstater 10-30-2007 02:05 AM

Quote:

1 on 1:

1 on 2:

2 on 2:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I'd buy your DVD, dude.

Jarick 10-30-2007 07:45 AM

Go to Hockeyshot.com, they have a free video on the subject.

ThatOneGuy* 10-30-2007 07:59 AM

No idea how to explain it but its the "deke" I have had the most success with. I shoot left, so I basically approach the defenseman straight on, I sell that I am going to deke to the left but I extend my stick to the right and sweep the puck behind/around his back and go by him. Its all about timing, everything you'll get the puck by him but the key is actually catching the puck and continuing on.

jaywills1020 10-30-2007 02:22 PM

look at the d-mans feet or overall stance. is he leaning or turning too much to one side? your first option can be to throw a fake to the side hes leaning to and cut the other way assuming you have a little speed to use. try opening his legs and getting a shot off using him as a screen. head fakes, shoulder fakes, etc should also help you.

Nosebleed Section 10-30-2007 07:22 PM

I just try and tow drag or chip it past him any way so he cant poke the puck away then skate around his body. Sounds simple because it is it isn't going to work all the time but you just need to keep moving past him.

94now 10-31-2007 01:36 PM

Best advise for the beginner - use the boards. Try to flip the puck so it hits the board 2' above ice or so. This way it will deflect behind the defender's back where you can pick it up after skating around him.

CareyPrice x 31 11-01-2007 03:39 AM

if your a good skater, fake going twords the inside, then head twords the outside with a change of speed and protect the puck. works everytime for me.

Nizdizzle 11-07-2007 01:56 PM

Being ridiculously creative always helps

JohnnyBoychuk55 11-07-2007 07:00 PM

Alright im surprised no one has mentioned this, I see it in the NHL all the time. Move into the offensive zone dump and chase, its simple and it works.

However, it works better if you have a team mate going on the other side.

However, it does make you bait by the boards so.. be prepared:hit:

Biscuit Bullet 11-09-2007 03:02 PM

Head fakes are my favorite.

If you are a fast skater, you don't even need to deke. Just bank it off the boards or put it through the legs.

Also, if you're playing full contact and you think you are heavier/have more momentum than the defender, literally skate right into him. Ovechkin is the only one I've seen pull it off in the NHL, but the surprise factor is such that in amateur leagues I think it could work.

Roy G Biv* 11-09-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biscuit Bullet (Post 11137192)
Also, if you're playing full contact and you think you are heavier/have more momentum than the defender, literally skate right into him. Ovechkin is the only one I've seen pull it off in the NHL, but the surprise factor is such that in amateur leagues I think it could work.

Easier said than done. If you're close enough to make contact with the D-man, he's probably already stick-checked you.