HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I'm paranoid. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=43642)

barrytrotzsneck 01-13-2004 10:51 PM

I'm paranoid.

Vokoun makes more than we like to pay our players. Chris Mason has been playing exceptionally well. TV didn't get the start tonight...kind of inexplicably.

Poile: "Hmm...if we could move Tomas...and bring up Flaherty to back up Mase...we'd only have to pay our goaltenders a combined 700,000..."

biscuithead 01-14-2004 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
Vokoun makes more than we like to pay our players. Chris Mason has been playing exceptionally well. TV didn't get the start tonight...kind of inexplicably.

Poile: "Hmm...if we could move Tomas...and bring up Flaherty to back up Mase...we'd only have to pay our goaltenders a combined 700,000..."

C'mon! Take your medication, NMK. ;) There are several Preds that make more than Vokie and none more vital. Mason is just proving himself as a back-up, He's sure not ready for 70+ games!

PredsFan77* 01-14-2004 11:52 AM

You'd think Mason would be a little rusty since he rides the pine so much, but yeah you might want to ask your Doc for a few more of those crazy pills.. :joker:

sparkle twin 01-14-2004 10:26 PM

I rrreeeeaaaallllyyy dont think Vokoun will be traded any time soon. Hes such an important part of our team and a huge key to our success that it just seems highly unlikely for Poile to trade him. I think well pay him what we need to. We could trade other guys that were making a lot of money because we had guys we could plug in and get the same/better results for less (a la Skrastins/Delmore). At goalie we dont have that luxury (Mason is playing well, but I think he is best served being the backup for at least a year in the NHL).

What I am paranoid about though, last year we were doing so great in February and on our way to the promised land. All that time no one was talking about us, and we quietly went on our merry little way shocking the league. Then everyone started talking about us, Leggy went down and we just lost everything. Earlier in the year, Vokoun was doing well and then started to get some print and went on a little slump. Now were starting to get some pub again and people are talking about us making the final 8 like its just common knowledge. And Im just scared that something is going to happen to ruin us. As much as I want our guys to get recognition for a job well done, I think I would rather us run under the radar and have everyone say what a shock it was that we made it!

It could just be that since weve never had a team like this that its unfamiliar territory. But, until we either clinch a spot or after the last regular season game is over, I dont know if I will stop feeling uneasy about our team! (If we started playing better and getting some Ws, and some players would get going that might make me feel a little better *coughlegwand/arkhipovcough*) :D