HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Maple Leafs trophies (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=43647)

MCD_93 01-13-2004 11:47 PM

The Maple Leafs trophies
 
If you had to give out the following trophies for the season so far who would be your nominees ?

Most valuable Player :

Most improved Player :

Positive suprise :

Negative suprise :

Underachiever :

Steadiest Leaf (day in day out) :

Best game so far :

Worst game so far :

Canīt wait to see your answers...that would be mine :
Most valuable Player : McCabe

Most improved Player : Nolan

Positive suprise : Stajan, Roberts (16 goals already :handclap: )

Negative suprise : Jackman ? :dunno:

Underachiever : Jackman ? :dunno:

Steadiest Leaf (day in day out) : McCabe, Sundin

Best game so far : 6-0 at Boston

Worst game so far : 1-7 Ottawa

DutchLeafsfan 01-14-2004 01:23 AM

Most valuable Player : Mats Sundin

Most improved Player : Aki Berg

Positive suprise : Ken Klee, Aki Berg, Matt Stajan

Negative suprise : The injury bug

Underachiever : No real standout, but Tomas Kaberle has been producing below expectations. Is leading the Leafs in +/- though last time I checked...

Steadiest Leaf (day in day out) : Mats Sundin

Best game so far : 6-0 vs Boston

Worst game so far : 1-7 vs Philly

Augustus 01-14-2004 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchLeafsfan
Most valuable Player : Mats Sundin

Most improved Player : Aki Berg

Positive suprise : Ken Klee, Aki Berg, Matt Stajan

Negative suprise : The injury bug

Underachiever : No real standout, but Tomas Kaberle has been producing below expectations. Is leading the Leafs in +/- though last time I checked...

Steadiest Leaf (day in day out) : Mats Sundin

Best game so far : 6-0 vs Boston

Worst game so far : 1-7 vs Philly


Pretty much spot on except I would remove the Kaberle modifier: he has been an underachiever this year.

Epoch 01-14-2004 04:30 AM

If you had to give out the following trophies for the season so far who would be your nominees ?

Most valuable Player : Mats Sundin

Most improved Player : Bryan McCabe

Positive suprise : Matt Stajan

Negative suprise :Tomas Kaberle

Underachiever : Ric Jackman

Steadiest Leaf (day in day out) :Mats Sundin

Best game so far :6-0 vs. Boston

Worst game so far : 7-1 vs. Ottawa

transplant99 01-14-2004 04:35 AM

They should have another trophy as well..
One with a big turtle on it, and hand it to Domi.

That was simply embarrassing.

OttawaLeafFan2004 01-14-2004 05:02 AM

Most valuable Player : Mats Sundin

Most improved Player : Darcy Tucker, Bryan Mccabe

Positive suprise :Ken Klee, Aki Berg

Negative suprise :Jackman

Underachiever : Kaberle and Antropov - i know theyve been injured but they certainly havnt progressed like I expected them too

Steadiest Leaf (day in day out) :Sundin and Mccabe

Best game so far :6-0 over Boston

Worst game so far :7-1 loss to Philly

Porn* 01-14-2004 06:29 AM

Most valuable Player : Sundin no doubt... he's showed his true colors.

Most improved Player : Darcy Tucker (playing smarter hockey, more controlled), Antropov when healthy

Positive suprise : Quite a few (Aki Berg, Klee's offense, Reichel, Renberg, Stajan for an 18yr old, McCabe back to old form.

Negative suprise : Kaberle's points or lack their of, Domi's fighting and lack their of

Underachiever : Kaberle, I'm happy with everyone else!

Steadiest Leaf (day in day out) : Roberts, niewendyk, Sundin

Best game so far : too many...

Worst game so far : 7-1 Sens shalacking... regardless of all the injuries, others out. They didn't show up period.

Porn* 01-14-2004 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transplant99
They should have another trophy as well..
One with a big turtle on it, and hand it to Domi.

That was simply embarrassing.

I saw that... as did the rest of us.

Domi was on his knees! i would have turtled if i was getting punched from above... he was down and out. not even fighting to begin with.

GoM 01-14-2004 07:40 AM

Most valuable Player : Sundin

Most improved Player : Berg

Positive suprise : Stajan, Klee

Negative suprise : Injuries

Underachiever : Jackman, he was steady last year

Steadiest Leaf (day in day out) : Sundin or Klee

Best game so far : 6-0 over Beantown...hate the frickin Bruins. Woohoo

Worst game so far : 7-1 versus Philly or 7-1 versus Ottawa....slight leaning towards the Philly game, with it being the playoffs and all

McFly 01-14-2004 04:38 PM

Most valuable Player : Sundin

Most improved Player : Berg

Positive suprise : Klee

Negative suprise : Perrott

Underachiever : Kaberle

Steadiest Leaf : Klee

Best game so far : 5-2 vs Red Wings

Worst game so far : 7-1 Loss vs Flyers

BlueAndWhite 01-14-2004 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttawaLeafFan2004
Underachiever : Kaberle and Antropov - i know theyve been injured but they certainly havnt progressed like I expected them too

I'm just curious about your take on Antropov, because mine is a bit of the opposite.

Antropov has ten points in the 16 games he's played since returning from injury. At his age and stage of development, and with his past - I'd take that production as "underachieving" any day!

Now, if you thought this was going to be Antropov's break-out year, then your statement is justified. In fact, I had similar sentiments about Kaberle prior to the start of the season, so he definitely falls in my "negative suprise" and "underachiever" category.

Mike1 01-14-2004 05:02 PM

Most valuable Player : Mats Sundin

Most improved Player : Aki Berg

Positive suprise : McCabe having a bounce back season,Ken Klee's offense,Stajan making the team,Pilar coming back from his heart injury,Aki Berg stepping it up

Negative suprise : Richard Jackman's fall from the start of the year, Domi being almost useless, Injuries......

Underachiever : Kaberle is definitely underachieveing.

Steadiest Leaf (day in day out) : Mats Sundin

Best game so far : 6-0 vs Boston

Worst game so far : 1-7 vs Philly

OttawaLeafFan2004 01-15-2004 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
I'm just curious about your take on Antropov, because mine is a bit of the opposite.

Antropov has ten points in the 16 games he's played since returning from injury. At his age and stage of development, and with his past - I'd take that production as "underachieving" any day!

Now, if you thought this was going to be Antropov's break-out year, then your statement is justified. In fact, I had similar sentiments about Kaberle prior to the start of the season, so he definitely falls in my "negative suprise" and "underachiever" category.


Yep that was my reasoning behind the Antropov situation, I understand he is playing well while he is in the lineup but i suppose I was just a bit overly optiisitc about Antropov and was hoping this would be a breakout season

Snugglepuss 01-15-2004 02:21 PM

Most valuable Player : Sundin

Most improved Player : Berg

Positive suprise : Klee

Negative suprise : Kaberle

Underachiever : Jackman

Steadiest Leaf (day in day out) : Sundin

Best game so far : 6-0@Boston

Worst game so far : 1-7 loss to Philly

Verbal Kint* 01-15-2004 02:51 PM

Most valuable Player : Sundin

Most improved Player : McCabe

Positive suprise :Klee

Negative suprise :Jackman

Underachiever : Kaberle

Steadiest Leaf (day in day out) : Sundin

Best game so far : 6-0 vs. Boston

Worst game so far : 7-1 Piladelphia (the other game was just one period).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.