HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ottawa's 1st being shopped (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=43680)

SensGod 01-14-2004 07:23 AM

Ottawa's 1st being shopped

as some of you are aware, Ottawa's first round pick this year is being shopped by Muckler.

My question to everyone here is...what would you offer off of your roster for Ottawa's 1st round pick?

We need a LW who can play like Varada and score a bit as well.

try not to include prospects like Eaves, Mirnov, and Emery out of the proposals...because it's pretty much for certain that they won't be moved. Also, Muckler has stated that he won't move roster players...

any ideas?

Old Hickory 01-14-2004 07:27 AM

Other than Frolov, who do you want from the Kings

Ozy_Flame 01-14-2004 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod
as some of you are aware, Ottawa's first round pick this year is being shopped by Muckler.

My question to everyone here is...what would you offer off of your roster for Ottawa's 1st round pick?

try not to include prospects like Eaves, Mirnov, and Emery out of the proposals...because it's pretty much for certain that they won't be moved. Also, Muckler has stated that he won't move roster players...

any ideas?

Well, the first will be pretty much on par with a second, so I wouldn't give too much. Maybe a bottom-feeding team will be able to scrounge something together in terms of immediate help.

Joe T Choker 01-14-2004 07:29 AM

Nashville will give ya Rem Murray or Jason York, because Ottawa's LATE FIRST ROUNDER isn't going to amount to much in such a weak draft year.

Ajacied 01-14-2004 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Nashville will give ya Rem Murray or Jason York, because Ottawa's LATE FIRST ROUNDER isn't going to amount to much in such a weak draft year.

Even though it's a late one, by no means are Murray or York worth a first, not even combined. Look for a low 3rd/high 4th for Murray and a low 4th/5th for York, but a first? Hilarious..

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe 01-14-2004 07:33 AM

As a CBJ fan I'd be interest in the pick since the team doesn't have a 2nd this year. Sanderson is rumored to be availble, but he doesn't fit the Varada bill. I think Tyler Wright is closer to that -- and would be a good fit in Ott since he can play anywhere -- but I don't think the CBJ are going to move him. He's a UFA as well, but it looks like the Jackets are going to resign him.
Open to suggestions...

Burke's Evil Spirit 01-14-2004 07:44 AM

Say it with me everybody...Sergei Zubov...

Seriously, though, I'd be comfortable with going into the playoffs with Schaefer and Smolinski as my top two left wings. One guy I'd look to add is Shawn Bates.

officeglen 01-14-2004 07:45 AM

Quote:

try not to include prospects like Eaves, Mirnov, and Emery out of the proposals {means try to keep out of proposals, or try not to include in proposals}...because it's pretty much for certain that they won't be moved. Also, Muckler has stated that he won't move roster players...

Actually it is uncertain whether prospects will be moved or not as Mucks comments suggest anything goes for the right deal, aside from any serious roster player. If you are asking for Emery though please have the last name of the player returned start with Smyt. Extra bonus points for offers that provide hard nosed hockey players for the pick and players like Schastlivy & Kaigorodov. Brooks Laich and/or Patrick Eaves would require a deal with lasting value (i.e. not a UFA and not a softy). I believe Mucks would move even Mirnov for a key Cup ingredient. Ossi Louhivaara is available for spelling contests too.

Rex88 01-14-2004 07:48 AM

Brashear + a fourth rounder
Enough?

officeglen 01-14-2004 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex88
Brashear + a fourth rounder
Enough?

Enough to close the thread? No, you'll have to do worse than that before it gets locked.

Mats NAslund 01-14-2004 08:09 AM

Quote:

any ideas?

Considering Ottawa's pick will be closer to the second round (ie 27 -30th pick overall). Ottawa better not be looking to get an impact player without adding a prospect to the deal! Ottawa is basicaly offering a early 2nd rounder. Although you may be a able to snag someone like Straka at the deadline.

bleedgreen 01-14-2004 08:15 AM

brindamour + 4th rounder. change it to a fifth or sixth rounder if carolina picks up some of the contract.

Ozy_Flame 01-14-2004 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by officeglen
Actually it is uncertain whether prospects will be moved or not as Mucks comments suggest anything goes for the right deal, aside from any serious roster player. If you are asking for Emery though please have the last name of the player returned start with Smyt. Extra bonus points for offers that provide hard nosed hockey players for the pick and players like Schastlivy & Kaigorodov. Brooks Laich and/or Patrick Eaves would require a deal with lasting value (i.e. not a UFA and not a softy). I believe Mucks would move even Mirnov for a key Cup ingredient. Ossi Louhivaara is available for spelling contests too.

Emery for Smyth, huh? I'd pass ten times over if I was Edmonton. Besides, if there was some chance the greasers actually made the playoffs and met the Sens in the finals, the last thing they'd want is for that trade to bit them in the ass, while Emery shatters his confidence attempting to play playoff hockey.

LaVal 01-14-2004 08:31 AM

who shops a draft pick?

officeglen 01-14-2004 08:32 AM

I didn't say the deal was Emery for Smyth straight-up, just if proposing an Emery & stuff deal have Smyt+ coming back.

To answer the question: Who shops a draft pick? -> teams looking for the missing piece for a Cup run. Look up missing at dictionary.com and find LW for Ottawa.

whismer 01-14-2004 08:37 AM

Homerism

Jason Ward + 3rd !!

He can do a nice job. He lose his job when he gets injured. Ryder and Dagenais is now on the 2 first line.

:)

Whismer Hill

Rex88 01-14-2004 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by officeglen
Enough to close the thread? No, you'll have to do worse than that before it gets locked.

I just wanted to know if the deal was equal talent/value.

Spezza 01-14-2004 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
Considering Ottawa's pick will be closer to the second round (ie 27 -30th pick overall). Ottawa better not be looking to get an impact player without adding a prospect to the deal! Ottawa is basicaly offering a early 2nd rounder. Although you may be a able to snag someone like Straka at the deadline.

But really, instead of an early 2nd its really more like a late 1st pick.... ;)

Other Dave 01-14-2004 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spezza
But really, instead of an early 2nd its really more like a late 1st pick.... ;)

He's got a point, though; the Justin Williamses and Martin Havlats are usually gone well before the first twenty picks in a draft. ;)

Other Dave

fulk hogan 01-14-2004 09:11 AM

Edmonton trades Laraque and 2005 3rd rd pick (acquired from Philly) to Ottawa for 2004 1st rd pick.

Oiltalk 01-14-2004 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooty mcboobs
Edmonton trades Laraque and 2005 3rd rd pick (acquired from Philly) to Ottawa for 2004 1st rd pick.

Was going to propose something like that, but wasn't sure of what type of pick to give up.

Mizral 01-14-2004 10:00 AM

This goes against your prospect principle, but how' this for an idea:

Ryan Smyth for Ottawa's 1st round pick & Antoine Vermette?

I could see Smyth being moved, as it looks like Lowe is going to take this Oilers team through another rebuild. Vermette would be another young forward to come in next year, as it looked like perhaps none or only 1 were gonna make that breakthrough (maybe Niinimaki, Rita or Pouliot? Dunno).

The 1st would give the Oilers 3 1st round picks in the draft. Pretty solid building blocks, if you ask me.

degroat* 01-14-2004 10:06 AM

As a representative of Larry Pleau, I'll offer a 2nd round pick.

Or, how about Demitra for a 1st, 2nd, and Bonk? :D

sveiglar 01-14-2004 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral

Sold!

Oiltalk 01-14-2004 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral
This goes against your prospect principle, but how' this for an idea:

I could see Smyth being moved, as it looks like Lowe is going to take this Oilers team through another rebuild. Vermette would be another young forward to come in next year, as it looked like perhaps none or only 1 were gonna make that breakthrough (maybe Niinimaki, Rita or Pouliot? Dunno).

The 1st would give the Oilers 3 1st round picks in the draft. Pretty solid building blocks, if you ask me.

That first round pick of Ottawa's won't be much better than a 2nd. Do you think Lowe would give up Smyth for a fairly decent prospect, and a pick that could turn out to be nothing? A guy that lowered his value in Comrie, got more than that, and his value wasn't as high as Smyth's to begin with.