HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   You're Gonna Hate Me For This (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=43777)

crossxcheck 01-14-2004 10:57 AM

You're Gonna Hate Me For This

We're having a slow day at work and I'm bored. So...I thought it might be fun to make some picks as to who you'd like to see the preds get for arky alone and/or an arky package.

Let's just not let this turn into another mike comrie subject :)

hipcheck85 01-14-2004 11:00 AM

I'll start.

To the Isles for Shawn Bates.

Next.......

barrytrotzsneck 01-14-2004 12:38 PM

well, what i'm hearing is that this is the year that poile will actually make a substantial move.

arkhipov+?

for

Anson Carter?

"TheTrain" 01-14-2004 12:43 PM

Speaking of Comrie, does anyone think that he makes Handzus expendable, I sure would love to see a player of his mold in a Preds jersey. I think he would be a perfect fit for second line center.

It worked out quite well in my NHl 2004 season :joker: , had to overpay to get him (arki, upshall and a 2nd), but I really liked the lineup after the trade.

AJ-Leggy-Walks
Erat-Handzus-Orszagh
Harts-Johnson-Hall
Stevenson-Murray-Tootoo

What do you think???

darth5 01-14-2004 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
well, what i'm hearing is that this is the year that poile will actually make a substantial move.

arkhipov+?

for

Anson Carter?

From whom? Someone in a real position to know?

barrytrotzsneck 01-14-2004 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnrocketman
From whom? Someone in a real position to know?

the trade was my own idea. the fact that something is going to happen is from a source that told me that kloucek was gone and atlanta was where he was going...and also the ONLY person that had any foresight to the dunham trade...he said, about two weeks before the trade, "we're playing them in alternates to showcase for a trade"

"really? what do you think we could get for vokoun?"

"not vokoun."

i'm usually pretty leery of this stuff, but i trust this one. we'll see.

Enoch 01-14-2004 01:41 PM

Most likely candidates would be Chicago and Edmonton IMO.

lstcyr 01-14-2004 01:42 PM

How about Hulse? Delmore? Randy Robitaille?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Enoch 01-14-2004 04:17 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Zhamnov or Sullivan come our way if Pollie is serious about upgrading our scoring for a playoff run. Zhamnov is UFA after this year.....not sure about Sullivan.

smashviller 01-14-2004 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
I wouldn't be surprised to see a Zhamnov or Sullivan come our way if Pollie is serious about upgrading our scoring for a playoff run. Zhamnov is UFA after this year.....not sure about Sullivan.

I wouldnt mind having Zhamnov or Sullivan!, but I cant begin to imagine what Arkhi would look like in a Hawkhead

barrytrotzsneck 01-14-2004 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashviller
I wouldnt mind having Zhamnov or Sullivan!, but I cant begin to imagine what Arkhi would look like in a Hawkhead

sully is a pred-killer, kind of like whitney used to be for c-bus. i wouldn't mind having him...but zhamnov is a floater, and i doubt that would go over well, here. i wonder if a guy like jokinen could be had from florida? mike york from edmonton?

Enoch 01-14-2004 06:45 PM

Quote:

sully is a pred-killer, kind of like whitney used to be for c-bus. i wouldn't mind having him...but zhamnov is a floater, and i doubt that would go over well, here. i wonder if a guy like jokinen could be had from florida? mike york from edmonton?

York - No

Jokinen - What d-man do we want to cough up?

triggrman 01-15-2004 03:50 AM

Sullivan is our style of player, a gritty two-way hard working player.

darth5 01-15-2004 05:34 AM

Quote:

the trade was my own idea. the fact that something is going to happen is from a source that told me that kloucek was gone and atlanta was where he was going...and also the ONLY person that had any foresight to the dunham trade...he said, about two weeks before the trade, "we're playing them in alternates to showcase for a trade"

"really? what do you think we could get for vokoun?"

"not vokoun."

i'm usually pretty leery of this stuff, but i trust this one. we'll see.

Good answer.

crossxcheck 01-15-2004 06:25 AM

Let's look at this from an economics standpoint. He know how tight the preds are. These are the best salary figures I could find:

Denis Arkhipov: $1,000,000

Probably too expensive:
Mike York: $2,000,000
Steve Sullivan: $3,000,000
Alexei Zhamnov: $4,500,000
Anson Carter: $2,800,000
Olli Jokinen: $2,000,000

Maybe:
Michal Handzus: $1,500,000
Jan Hlavac: $1,000,000
Shawn Bates: $900,000
Shawn Horcoff: $800,000
Jason Chimera: $500,000 (not a fan of this one)

What do you guys think about Horcoff? I've only seen him play a time or two.

barrytrotzsneck 01-15-2004 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
Let's look at this from an economics standpoint. He know how tight the preds are. These are the best salary figures I could find:

Denis Arkhipov: $1,000,000

Probably too expensive:
Mike York: $2,000,000
Steve Sullivan: $3,000,000
Alexei Zhamnov: $4,500,000
Anson Carter: $2,800,000
Olli Jokinen: $2,000,000

Maybe:
Michal Handzus: $1,500,000
Jan Hlavac: $1,000,000
Shawn Bates: $900,000
Shawn Horcoff: $800,000
Jason Chimera: $500,000 (not a fan of this one)

What do you guys think about Horcoff? I've only seen him play a time or two.

horcoff isn't any better than anyone on the team, right now.

you have to understand that we might be looking for a Petrov-like situation, in which case, we wouldn't be on the hook for ALL the salary...just...the remainder of the season. In which case, one of the more expensive players becomes more realistic. I'm not saying we're going to pick up Fedorov, but one of these 2-2.5 million guys aren't so unrealistic.

crossxcheck 01-15-2004 07:30 AM

Quote:

horcoff isn't any better than anyone on the team, right now.

you have to understand that we might be looking for a Petrov-like situation, in which case, we wouldn't be on the hook for ALL the salary...just...the remainder of the season. In which case, one of the more expensive players becomes more realistic. I'm not saying we're going to pick up Fedorov, but one of these 2-2.5 million guys aren't so unrealistic.

Ok, I don't know why that didn't occur to me. So Carter is realistic then, huh?

barrytrotzsneck 01-15-2004 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
Ok, I don't know why that didn't occur to me. So Carter is realistic then, huh?

he's realistic in that:

NYR wants to get rid of him
he addresses a need(possibly)

who knows, though.

Basher 01-15-2004 09:40 AM

Carter or Handzus seem like good picks, probably the latter being my choice.

"TheTrain" 01-15-2004 12:01 PM

I would much rather see the Preds make a move for a centerman rather than a winger like carter or bates. I think if you look at all the successful teams in years past, they all had/have two very good centers.

Sakic-Forsberg
Modano-Neuwendiek-Arnott
Yzerman-Federov-Datsyuk
Roenick-Primeau-Handzus
Arnott-Gomez-Madden

And I could go on, everything starts in the middle, the power houses know that. The Predators already have Leggy, but when are we going to add the next peice. I'm just about willing to take anyone over Arkiphov and Johnson at this point.

Legwand-Handzus?-???

Nashville420 01-15-2004 12:09 PM

to the Islanders for Niinimaa.

barrytrotzsneck 01-15-2004 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashville420
to the Islanders for Niinimaa.

our defense, especially lately, needs no help. the only person i'd want to move out to let niinimaa in is allison\schnabel....and even then, we don't need ANOTHER offensive d-man. wouldn't help us. we need a consistent scorer that doesn't take these huge slumps that all of ours do.

jstreet 01-15-2004 12:43 PM

amen.

WuRtZLeSs 01-15-2004 03:51 PM

Personally, I say we’d be better off avoiding Handzus. He’s got a reputation for being sort of a floater, and really we’d be trading for an older version of Arkhipov, assuming Arkhipov can eventually turn it around to be somewhat successful.

O’Neill is a little expensive and would be a hot commodity at the deadline – the Preds shouldn’t and won’t over pay. But if they can send Arkhipov for him, it’d look nice.

Keith Carney (UFA) would be nice as well – but I can’t see the Pred’s picking him up for Arkhipov. Pla … playo .. his experience would be desired. :D

Overall I say at this point in time a deal doesn’t make much sense unless Arkhipov is being dealt. The Pred’s need to keep going young and they don’t accomplish that going for Carter/Handzus in my opinion.