HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Svitov recalled to Tampa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=43813)

montreal 01-14-2004 12:48 PM

Svitov recalled to Tampa

Sucks for Perezhogin, they seem to have good chemistry together. Hopefully this won't hurt him too much, but Plekanec should be sent down at some point to help out at center. The Dogs only play 1 game over the next 10-12 days, as they are off till Saturday (they had off all week till thrusday for practice) then after saturday they don't play again for several days. But if Pleks isn't going to play much after that (no reason to send him down right now will only miss one game) they should send him down instead of sitting too much, what is what I would expect them to do.

goalchenyuk 01-14-2004 02:10 PM

does it mean that with Gratton , Plecanek and Svitov both in the NHL,Perezhogin is going to play with Higgins as center ?

gohabsgo2010 01-14-2004 02:13 PM

What about Christian Larivee? Possibly he'll be called up from the ECHL.

Cayouche5 01-14-2004 02:26 PM

Maybe Hossa will have a shot at Center. If so Hopefully he will scores some goals cause he struggle big time.

Medicine Twin 01-14-2004 04:29 PM

Yeah, Plekanec should be sent down. He's not getting ice-time here and they definately need him in Hamilton now that Svitov is with Tampa.

montreal 01-14-2004 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
I personnally think that this is a good thing! IMO Perezhogin could produce even more if centered by Plekanec... Svitov has looked like a real puck hog the few Bulldogs games I watched and I felt that Perezhogin deserved better! Perezhogin is happened and create his own scoring chances!

But it's off the ice that helps Perezhogin. I can't say how he's progressed with his English, but the last time I spoke to Craig Downey who helps with the Dogs play by play at times, said his English is still very poor (forget what his exact words were). Having Svitov around helps the communication gap between him and his teammates. Now he doesn't have anyone that speaks Russian which seemed to have a effect on him last time.

Marc the Habs Fan 01-14-2004 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
Yeah, Plekanec should be sent down. He's not getting ice-time here and they definately need him in Hamilton now that Svitov is with Tampa.

The thing is the Dogs play Saturday and then there next game is on the 23rd I think.

So it's not like Plekanec is missing much action staying up here and learning the NHL atmosphere.

But once Dackell and Gratton are healthy, he's definitely going back down.

goalchenyuk 01-14-2004 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
But it's off the ice that helps Perezhogin. I can't say how he's progressed with his English, but the last time I spoke to Craig Downey who helps with the Dogs play by play at times, said his English is still very poor (forget what his exact words were). Having Svitov around helps the communication gap between him and his teammates. Now he doesn't have anyone that speaks Russian which seemed to have a effect on him last time.

may be it will help him to works is english a little bit more

gohabsgo2010 01-14-2004 06:36 PM

Quote:

I guess he'll have to wait for Korneev or Burturlin to come to Hamilton next season(?). Either that or get him up in Montreal rooming with Markov, learn the ropes ;) .

montreal 01-14-2004 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
I guess he'll have to wait for Korneev or Burturlin to come to Hamilton next season(?). Either that or get him up in Montreal rooming with Markov, learn the ropes ;) .

More like Kastsitsyn. :yo:

gohabsgo2010 01-14-2004 06:45 PM

Quote:

More like Kastsitsyn. :yo:

Speaking of him...hurry up and watch those tapes, we wan't to know how the man is doing! :D :p

I think the only impression he'll be having on Perez is in the fashion department.

montreal 01-14-2004 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Speaking of him...hurry up and watch those tapes, we wan't to know how the man is doing! :D :p

I think the only impression he'll be having on Perez is in the fashion department.

I have watched both games of his. Hopefully more if he plays again for CSKA this year. Both games were losses for CSKA, but you can see the skill for sure. He got a lot more ice time in the first game, but in the 2nd game, a goal was scored on his first shift, (sort of his fault, but two other mistakes after his coasting) and there were a lot of penalties and he doesn't play the PK at all. I'll have a small report on him over the next few days. :dazzle: