HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Does anybody know... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=43862)

Prendan Brust 01-14-2004 04:49 PM

Does anybody know...

..If Yvon Pednault is related in any way to Mike Ribeiro? Because he praises him as if he was the second coming of Wayne Gretzky! I mean Ribiero is playing great but Pednault's cheerleaging is going way out of proportion!!!!

Thoughts?

Freaky Habs Fan 01-14-2004 05:06 PM

I think he make only one comparaison between the two player and it's their hand. They have both incredible hand and ice vision but that's about it...

Prendan Brust 01-14-2004 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
I think he make only one comparaison between the two player and it's their hand. They have both incredible hand and ice vision but that's about it...

Maybe, but last night and tonight he was praising Ribeiro as soon as he was on the ice, wherever he was... At to times Pednault was praising Ribeiro's defensive game when he wasn't doing anything special...

Black Ozz 01-14-2004 05:23 PM

did you guys hear when Atlanta scored he said : ho ho Théodore never did see that puck.

It's a ****in joke how much they protect those two. Don't get me wrong I think Théo is great but they don't have to shout everytime he touches the puck.

Cariboux 01-14-2004 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Ozz
did you guys hear when Atlanta scored he said : ho ho Théodore never did see that puck.

It's a ****in joke how much they protect those two. Don't get me wrong I think Théo is great but they don't have to shout everytime he touches the puck.

Hey relax guys every medias are doing this with their players and it's normal. The majority of us are living in the province of Quebec and we're habs fans because they are in our community. This is why we must be prould of the guys who's coming from the Q like Ribeiro, Ryder, Theodore, etc.

Just have fun :yo:

I prefer a lot that they overate our players and the team's playing greant than they *** everybody for the team's insuccess

goalchenyuk 01-14-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron
Maybe, but last night and tonight he was praising Ribeiro as soon as he was on the ice, wherever he was... At to times Pednault was praising Ribeiro's defensive game when he wasn't doing anything special...

were you at the game ? i think that sometime , because they are there ,they see how the players play without having the puck ; they have a larger view of the play

i can't give my view about this particular play because i don't have a tv so i just have the radio station to catch the game.... :dunno:

Prendan Brust 01-14-2004 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
were you at the game ? i think that sometime , because they are there ,they see how the players play without having the puck ; they have a larger view of the play

i can't give my view about this particular play because i don't have a tv so i just have the radio station to catch the game.... :dunno:

The camera was on the play and Ribeiro wasn't doing anything special, just basic defense. I mean other players make great plays during the games and Pednault mention them but when Ribeiro does a cute move (or even nothing special as i mentionned previously) he praises him a lot, that annoys me. Pednault is driving the Ribeiro Bandwagon, period.

Spotnick 01-14-2004 07:45 PM

Re

Actually, he's not the only one...

I've heard other people saying that what Ribeiro is giving us TODAY is the same type of play Gretzky gave on his first years in the WHA...

But they never said he would turn like him, but it's obvious Ribeiro is a hell of a playmaker, but he's not a sniper.

goalchenyuk 01-14-2004 08:11 PM

Ribeiro bandwagon .... what's the point ? Ribeiro have 24 points for his last 25 games , it"s more than a lot of players ( and more than anyone of the team ), so why don't give him the credit he deserve for his good play...

about Pedneault , i would like to know why it's so difficult to spend few hours without talking about him ... it is a the canadians team hockey board or a ''talking againts RDS / 110% ''talk board , here ?

Nielson81 01-14-2004 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
Ribeiro bandwagon .... what's the point ? Ribeiro have 24 points for his last 25 games , it"s more than a lot of players ( and more than anyone of the team ), so why don't give him the credit he deserve for his good play...

about Pedneault , i would like to know why it's so difficult to spend few hours without talking about him ... it is a the canadians team hockey board or a ''talking againts RDS / 110% ''talk board , here ?

Actually it's not more then anyone on the team in his last 25...Koivu has more.

Unbiased Canadian

Playr050 01-15-2004 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron
The camera was on the play and Ribeiro wasn't doing anything special, just basic defense.

Basic defense from Ribeiro IS worthy of praise. ;)

goalchenyuk 01-15-2004 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Actually it's not more then anyone on the team in his last 25...Koivu has more.

Unbiased Canadian

wrong ! Koivu have 23 points

Bob Bastards 01-15-2004 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playr050
Basic defense from Ribeiro IS worthy of praise. ;)

You are right. He is becoming less and less a liability in defense. He is playing more in CJ system and its worthy of a praise. Him and Dagenais start to look good together. I think some people let their blind "Rib is crap" hatred goes into their head. Like Pednaud blind "Rib is a God" appreciation...

All-Star 01-15-2004 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ********
You are right. He is becoming less and less a liability in defense. He is playing more in CJ system and its worthy of a praise. Him and Dagenais start to look good together. I think some people let their blind "Rib is crap" hatred goes into their head. Like Pednaud blind "Rib is a God" appreciation...

Ribeiro is doing pretty good this year. My only worry is that he'll probably go through the same type of slump next year as Theo last year. He's such a media darling, that you just know there'll be a media circus around him all summer. It's too bad, because if he were to hit the gym the same way this summer as last summer, he'd be that much better next year.

The trade Ribeiro bandwagon is already parked in the back of the Bell Centre waiting for next season. ;)

Joe Cole 01-15-2004 04:10 AM

:)

Funny stuff.

Sometimes we take hockey a bit too seriously, don't we. As for what Pednault says.... who cares, right. I know it is annoying when he goes on and on about his two favorites, but it is a heck of a lot better then on the english cbc where Bob Cole doesn't even know the names of the players except for the Leafs.

Anyone who forms their opinion or is even influenced by Pedneault, RDS, 110%, Jack Todd, or any other Montreal "'ti-vie" reporter deserves to have those opinions.

Annoying yes..... should effect your opinion.....no way.

Bob Bastards 01-15-2004 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cole
:)

Funny stuff.

Sometimes we take hockey a bit too seriously, don't we. As for what Pednault says.... who cares, right. I know it is annoying when he goes on and on about his two favorites, but it is a heck of a lot better then on the english cbc where Bob Cole doesn't even know the names of the players except for the Leafs.

Anyone who forms their opinion or is even influenced by Pedneault, RDS, 110%, Jack Todd, or any other Montreal "'ti-vie" reporter deserves to have those opinions.

Annoying yes..... should effect your opinion.....no way.

:bow: Amen brother!