HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Sweden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Örebro HK (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=439373)

Ribban 11-06-2007 05:54 PM

Örebro HK

Sweden's fifth or sixth largest city can only muster a team in the 3rd division (Division 1)? It's mind boggeling to some extent. However, Örebro's president, Mikeal Fahlander, is throwing everything he has, including his own money, at bringing Örebro out of the hockey swamp, aka Division 1. What's note worthy is that Kumla and Lindlöven (Lindesberg), both suburbs of Örebro, both have teams in division 1.In other words, we have three teams, all from the "Örebro area," but none of them seem to be able to pull through.

Anyway, After several frustrating defeats in the qualification series/play-offs, which haven't been anything to dispute, Örebro is once again looking as if they are heading for a post season that could promote them to Allsvenskan, which is Fahlander's first goal. As of now they are leading Division 1E, with recent victories over the runner-up, Mariestad, and third placed Skåre. After 14 games the top five spots look as follows:

Lag Matcher Vunna Oav Förlust +mål -mål Poäng
Örebro HK 14 12 1 1 78 - 18 38
Mariestads Bois Hockey 14 11 2 1 67 - 29 35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skåre BK 14 8 2 4 55 - 39 27
Sunne IK 14 8 1 5 43 - 35 25
IFK Kumla Hockey 14 7 1 6 54 - 36 22

What are your thoughts on other contenders, in the other Division 1s? How big of a difference is there between the top teams of division1 and the bottom half of Allsvenskan (If we are looking at Borås HC this year, they seem to be able to compete)? Does anybody see these guys play on a regular basis and can offer more feedback?

All news or thoughts relating to division 1 or Örebro HK are greatly appreciated.

Tommy Hawk 11-06-2007 10:31 PM

Chris Chelios' cousin. never lived up to potential or maybe he did, depending on with whom you talked. decent player.

Foligno#71 11-07-2007 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribban (Post 11094621)
Sweden's fifth or sixth largest city can only muster a team in the 3rd division (Division 1)? It's mind boggeling to some extent. However, Örebro's president, Mikeal Fahlander, is throwing everything he has, including his own money, to bring Örebro out of the hockey swamp, aka Division 1. What's note worthy is that Kumla and Lindlöven (Lindesberg), both suburbs of Örebro, both have teams in division 1.In other words, we have three teams, all from the "Örebro area," but none of them seem to be able to pull through.

If Fahlander and the others can keep their hands in their pockets before the transfer window closes they'll be fine. Last season they ruined everything by getting a bunch of players late in the season. That disrupted the team's chemistry. Hopefully they'll only go after one or two players this time. They don't need more than that.

Ribban 11-07-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foligno#71 (Post 11101096)
If Fahlander and the others can keep their hands in their pockets before the transfer window closes they'll be fine. Last season they ruined everything by getting a bunch of players late in the season. That disrupted the team's chemistry. Hopefully they'll only go after one or two players this time. They don't need more than that.

I gathered that from last year. Interesting to see what’s going to happen this year. Lasse Wirström is writing the following in NA about the team this year (Time will tell if they have learned from their mistakes):

25 oktober 2007

Defensemen carry Örebro

The road to Allsvenskan is long, and Örebro is, more or less, icing a new team. Only seven players from last year’s roster were on the ice yesterday against Skövde. The coach is new for the year as well.

Strangely enough, the team looks a lot more stabile than before. Above all, the defense looks much stronger. Daniel Wågström and Nikos Tselios have experience. Mikael Svensk, Gustav Ellebo, and Kristoffer Ring are looking promising, and Jonas Bergman, the sole returning defender, looks more motivated than in a long time.

Mainly, the defense looks to be of a different caliber this year, and it brings poise to the rest of the team.

Hans (Hasse) Hansson has put together a solid team with three good formations.

First Star against Skövde was Jonas Almqvist, playing close to a perfect game.

(Tanslated)

http://www.na.se/blogg/index.asp?b=5887

Tomas W 11-08-2007 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribban (Post 11094621)
Sweden's fifth or sixth largest city can only muster a team in the 3rd division (Division 1)? It's mind boggeling to some extent. However, Örebro's president, Mikeal Fahlander, is throwing everything he has, including his own money, at bringing Örebro out of the hockey swamp, aka Division 1. What's note worthy is that Kumla and Lindlöven (Lindesberg), both suburbs of Örebro, both have teams in division 1.In other words, we have three teams, all from the "Örebro area," but none of them seem to be able to pull through.

Anyway, After several frustrating defeats in the qualification series/play-offs, which haven't been anything to dispute, Örebro is once again looking as if they are heading for a post season that could promote them to Allsvenskan, which is Fahlander's first goal. As of now they are leading Division 1E, with recent victories over the runner-up, Mariestad, and third placed Skåre. After 14 games the top five spots look as follows:

Lag Matcher Vunna Oav Förlust +mål -mål Poäng
Örebro HK 14 12 1 1 78 - 18 38
Mariestads Bois Hockey 14 11 2 1 67 - 29 35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skåre BK 14 8 2 4 55 - 39 27
Sunne IK 14 8 1 5 43 - 35 25
IFK Kumla Hockey 14 7 1 6 54 - 36 22

What are your thoughts on other contenders, in the other Division 1s? How big of a difference is there between the top teams of division1 and the bottom half of Allsvenskan (If we are looking at Borås HC this year, they seem to be able to compete)? Does anybody see these guys play on a regular basis and can offer more feedback?

All news or thoughts relating to division 1 or Örebro HK are greatly appreciated.

Örebro is the sixth larges city (source wikipida svenska tätorter). Västerås is fifth.

pjangdal 11-09-2007 08:09 AM

"Örebro is the sixth larges city (source wikipida svenska tätorter). Västerås is fifth."

Wrong again, Linköping is fifth, Västerås is sixth and then comes Örebro as seventh!

zecke26 11-09-2007 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjangdal (Post 11132340)
"Örebro is the sixth larges city (source wikipida svenska tätorter). Västerås is fifth."

Wrong again, Linköping is fifth, Västerås is sixth and then comes Örebro as seventh!

as of 2005:

1. Stockholm 1.252.020
2. Göteborg 510.491
3. Malmö 258.020
4. Uppsala 128.409
5. Västerås 107.005
6. Örebro 98.237
7. Linköping 97.428
8. Helsingborg 91.457
9. Jönköping 84.423
10. Norrköping 83.561

Foligno#71 11-11-2007 07:44 AM

I spoke to Staffan Tholson, general manager, a few weeks ago. He said that they are looking for a power forward. Someone to replace Jarno Pikkarainen, who suddenly decided to leave the team and head back home to Surahammar.

According to Tholson, he had made contacts with the coach of SM-liiga team HIFK Helsinki, Harri Rindell, about loaning a player from their roster. Tholson said it was close to happen, but then the injury bug hit HIFK and they nothing came of it.

I'm pretty confident that they won't sign a bunch of players before the playoff this season. One will do.

Tomas W 11-12-2007 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjangdal (Post 11132340)

No sir, it is YOU who are wrong.

I am not sure, but my guess is that you count municipality population and not the actuall town/city (tätort).

Not that municipality population is unsignificant in this subject, of course the "central" city's satelite towns and villages is fan-"pickup" areas.

Just check SCB.se and see at the latest official stats, Linköping is no 7 (2005). Though probably in 2010, when the next official mesurement will be taken place, Linköping probably surpassed both Västerås and Örebro.

zecke26 11-12-2007 03:21 AM

who cares about the population anyway? örebro has the most interesting hockey club, that is what matters! :yo::D

Pellegrino 11-12-2007 08:40 AM

It seems like Ellebo has been 7th defenseman lately, how come? He should be a top player in div1.

I think he was one of the most underrated players in J20 SuperElit last season. He was better than Jonathan Carlsson in my eyes and also impressed the (quite few) times he trained with Brynäs SEL team.

Ribban 11-13-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foligno#71 (Post 11159623)
I spoke to Staffan Tholson, general manager, a few weeks ago. He said that they are looking for a power forward. Someone to replace Jarno Pikkarainen, who suddenly decided to leave the team and head back home to Surahammar.

According to Tholson, he had made contacts with the coach of SM-liiga team HIFK Helsinki, Harri Rindell, about loaning a player from their roster. Tholson said it was close to happen, but then the injury bug hit HIFK and they nothing came of it.

I'm pretty confident that they won't sign a bunch of players before the playoff this season. One will do.

In Nerikes Allehanda web issue today, Gordie Dwyer was mentioned. He had signed on with the Portland Pirates in the AHL. Considering that they already have Nikos Tselios and Shawn Snider, would Gordie ever have been a realistic addition to OHK unless they were planning on dumping either Snider or Tselios?

I chalked it up to an FYI for the fans by Allehanda, as opposed to a possible option in OHK's mind.

Foligno#71 11-18-2007 04:07 PM

It would have been in option, if Tselios had agreed to seek a Greek passport, which he is eligble to get. Now it seems they won't be trying to land another North American. According to the coach, Hasse Hansson, they are not in any hurry to pick up anyone just yet. The want to make sure it's the right type of player with the right type of personality.

zecke26 11-23-2007 04:27 AM

örebro signs riku rahikainen from kiekko-vantaa. it's a forward and he replaces jarno pikkarainen.

2006-2007 JYP SM-Liiga 47 3 2 5 135
2007-08 Kiekko-Vantaa Finland2 17 2 2 4 56

besides racking up PIM, does this guy can play? :dunno:

Finnpin 11-23-2007 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26 (Post 11319548)
besides racking up PIM, does this guy can play? :dunno:

Doesn't have much of skills but gives 110% on the ice with big heart. He is good in corners and can hit few goals from rebounds. Agitates and plays physical and is ready to drop the gloves. One of my favourite players in the finnish leagues.

zecke26 11-23-2007 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokeri (Post 11319567)
Doesn't have much of skills but gives 110% on the ice with big heart. He is good in corners and can hit few goals from rebounds. Agitates and plays physical and is ready to drop the gloves. One of my favourite players in the finnish leagues.

oh wow, sounds very nice and is what örebro needs. and in division 1 rahikainen should even be able to score a bit. nice addition then. thanks jokeri! :handclap:

Ribban 11-26-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokeri (Post 11319567)

Sounds like they found their "power forward"...

I hope they give these guys a chance to come together now and stop looking for additional players. OHK is 17-1-1 thus far. Given that the competition is weak and "Alletan" will be a different story all together, it's hard to argue with success.

I read that the first period against Hammaro was horrible, but that they rose and absolutely pulverized them in then end by 9-0. Has OHK been tested at all this season?

zecke26 11-26-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribban (Post 11356790)
I read that the first period against Hammaro was horrible, but that they rose and absolutely pulverized them in then end by 9-0. Has OHK been tested at all this season?

yes, when they lost to mariestad. but that was early in the season. since that they are rolling. but just 9-0 against hammaro, i was kind of disappointed. ;)

OHK's J-20 got another goalie on loan. it's the 7th goalie for the J-20 to play at least a game and the 9th goalie dressed. what is wrong with OHK? change, change, change, change...do they create a new sports? :shakehead

Ribban 11-28-2007 12:23 PM

Riku Rahikainen is making his debut tonight against Ulricehamn. Nerikes Allehanda says that he will be on the line with Shawn Snider and Niklas Lihagen.

It would be great to hear if anyone saw him play and what they thought.

zecke26 11-28-2007 01:23 PM

breaking news:

35.48 1 - 3 EQ ÖHK 23. BERGMAN, Jonas
(17. RAHIKAINEN, Riku)

:handclap:

RuuhkaTukka 11-28-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26 (Post 11388480)
breaking news:

35.48 1 - 3 EQ ÖHK 23. BERGMAN, Jonas
(17. RAHIKAINEN, Riku)

:handclap:

Way to go Riku "Rystyset (=knuckles)" Rahikainen. He was one of my favourite players in JYP last season. Please keep us informed of Rikus and Örebros season.

zecke26 11-28-2007 02:09 PM

the party goes on:

54.06 1 - 4 EQ ÖHK 71. LIHAGEN, Niklas
(17. RAHIKAINEN, Riku
3. SVENSK, Mikael)

:yo:

zecke26 11-28-2007 02:18 PM

ÖHK wins 4-1. 23 saves by carlsson. :handclap:

and to make the day even better, kumla lost at home 0-6. :naughty:

Jokerit Wasp 11-28-2007 04:38 PM

Did Trevor Kidd play in Orebro during the lock out? Any pics anywhere?

zecke26 11-28-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokerit Wasp (Post 11390791)
Did Trevor Kidd play in Orebro during the lock out? Any pics anywhere?

yes, he played for ÖHK in that season. but i'm sorry, i don't know if there are any pictures of him.