HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What did you think of Hartnell? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=439918)

Flyguy_1ca 11-07-2007 10:58 PM

What did you think of Hartnell?

Flyer fan here. Just wondering what you guys thought of Hartnell when he was on your team? So far in Philly he has worked hard and is busting his tail but has provided absolutely nothing offensively. 14 games 0 goals 2 assists. His production in Nashville was much better than that obviously, any particular reason you can think of?

barrytrotzsneck 11-07-2007 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyguy_1ca (Post 11114970)
Flyer fan here. Just wondering what you guys thought of Hartnell when he was on your team? So far in Philly he has worked hard and is busting his tail but has provided absolutely nothing offensively. 14 games 0 goals 2 assists. His production in Nashville was much better than that obviously, any particular reason you can think of?

He played on the third line and got decent power play time. He scores his goals by being the screen on the power play and collecting garbage\tipping in shots from the perimeter. If he's not being used in that role, he's not going to score a lot of goals.

Enoch 11-08-2007 06:45 AM

Put him on a line with a playmaker, and let him clear bodies. If he isn't allowed to be physical, and the line he is on doesn't put shots on net........he is not going to score nearly as much.

handtrick 11-08-2007 07:07 AM

He has got his big contract...why does he need to score?.....same with Timonen.

quartermaster29 11-08-2007 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick (Post 11117225)
He has got his big contract...why does he need to score?.....same with Timonen.

Sadly I think this is the most true of all that's said. Though the other two were right. Put him on the PP and put him in front of the goalie. He'll tip in (he had good hands for that here) and get the rebounds for you there.

Nitrous Mafia 11-08-2007 09:55 AM

I could've sworn I saw him score a goal a couple of weeks ago.

dulzhok 11-08-2007 10:46 AM

I was never the biggest Hartnell fan, but I am surprised to see that he has 0g and 2a. While he picked up his share of garbage goals, he's got some offensive finesse to him as well.

In terms of his play... his motivation level seemed to wavier. While he is agressive physically, he does not have dominating phsyical presense. He's a bit clumsy on his skates when he gets physical. He's got pretty soft hands, and usually doesn't have a problem standing in front of the net. He will cheat defensively sometimes in hopes of getting a offensive breakout.

Overall, I don't miss him that much on our team. Sure, I'd like to have him, but I don't think it's a devastating blow to the franchise.

On another note, we'll give you Zidlicky for Knuble.

Roger's Pancreas* 11-08-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bburton86 (Post 11118507)
I could've sworn I saw him score a goal a couple of weeks ago.

Carter got credit for it.

Nitrous Mafia 11-08-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger's Pancreas (Post 11119387)
Carter got credit for it.

Yeah, but didn't he tip it in?

TehBBA 11-16-2007 04:19 PM

Another Flyer fan here.

We'll trade him back to you for some of those ice girls.

triggrman 11-16-2007 05:45 PM

http://http://predators.nhl.com/team...bcid=goalgirls

jstreet 11-16-2007 08:54 PM

Hasnt Kimmo has a pretty good season so far?

Harts hasnt played up to his paycheck yet. Isnt Upshall outproducing him with far less games played?

FanGirl10 11-18-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehBBA (Post 11234215)
Another Flyer fan here.

We'll trade him back to you for some of those ice girls.

Deal.

Paranoid Android 11-18-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanGirl10 (Post 11262167)
Deal.

speak for yourself ;)

FanGirl10 11-18-2007 07:16 PM

All he wants are goal girls? They're a dime a dozen.

I'll even wrap them in a bow.

Roger's Pancreas* 11-18-2007 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars (Post 11237963)
Hasnt Kimmo has a pretty good season so far?

He had a rough start, but is starting to turn it around.
Quote:

Harts hasnt played up to his paycheck yet. Isnt Upshall outproducing him with far less games played?
Yes.

sparkle twin 11-19-2007 01:48 AM

I'm glad to see Upshall doing well. He always tried hard and went all out on every shift. He was just too injured too often here and got squeezed out by the likes of Dumont, Radulov, Sullivan, Kariya, Erat, Hartnell.

Roger's Pancreas* 11-19-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spank303 (Post 11266768)
I'm glad to see Upshall doing well. He always tried hard and went all out on every shift. He was just too injured too often here and got squeezed out by the likes of Dumont, Radulov, Sullivan, Kariya, Erat, Hartnell.

Honestly, with a little more experience, he could be captain if it weren't for Richards. His determination on the ice leads to a lot of big plays. He's very well liked by the players around him. And when it comes to handling the press, Upshall comes off looking like a veteran. Speaking solely of the intangibles, Upshall compares very favorably to Derian Hatcher.

PeterAngelo 11-20-2007 09:46 PM

I'm glad to see Upshall and Timonen playing well, always liked those 2. At the same time though I am equally glad to see Hartnell sucking it up.