HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Strange but true... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44041)

guzmania 01-15-2004 07:53 AM

Strange but true...

Who has the worst +/- on the Kings? Best? Eric Belanger (-9), Lappy 2nd (-5), (Straka is -18, but most of that resides in Pittsburg). Most players are +. Highest active players are Lubo and Holland (!) +8.

Who has the most shots? Modry, going away.

Who has more points Lappy or Matti? Matti 9 to 7

Not happy with Luc? 9 Gs 19 As 28 Pts. Looks like he might get 50 Pts. Say what you will but that says Luc was a good pickup and last year was an aberation.

Roman's save pct from last night bugging you? If you compare Roman's last 50 or so saves (Nash and Minn) with Rolly's last night, Roman has the same number of goals and more saves. Better save pct.

Are penalties killing us? 8th overall in penalties. But 2nd in misconducts right behind the Rangers. We are mid-packish an other aspects Minors/Majors and PIMs.

How many hat tricks this season? 0, we are on a pace for uhh, let's see carry the 0, around uhh, 0, I think...wait, no, wait...

We aren't at the top in any aspect of the game, Why won't DT give us what we need to be a contender? We are 3rd in shortys, 4th in second period goals. Not the most meaningful stats but we're also tied with Dallas in the Pacific and how many of us would have taken that stat at the begining of the year. Oh yeah, we are on top in one category, we're first in man-games lost, and those aren't man-games with fourth liners and rookies only.

When can we fire the special teams coaches? We are now 28th in PK 39Gs in 194 situations. Up a couple from the first half. We still need to kill the next 20 plus to catch Pheonix. We are at ~80% they are ~82.

You got any weird ones, no, no, stats, stats...

Frolov 6'3 01-15-2004 09:17 AM

Everybody complained about our PK but a goal on the PK doesn't effect the +/- of the players. The PK is better now but some weeks ago we had several average players with a +6, +7 and Joe Corvo had a +11 at one point, just because many goals against us were on the PK.

I read Cechmanek has a 1.37 GAA with wins. Imagine how bad he is with losses, probably a lack of concentration or motivation.

punchy1 01-15-2004 11:11 AM

Frolov were at +12 until lately (when he started playing with Lappy and Ebell as a pairing) and Ziggy is +18 (not that it matters anymore).

DT *has* given us what we need. Allison Deadmarsh Ziggy Frolov Straka Stumpel Luc Ebell Armstrong Avery Lappy Matty Miller Lubo Modry. That lot right there, all the product of DT are more than enough to win the cup as far as talent goes. If you look at the farm of almost ready, Aulin Camms Grebeshkov Hogeboom Kanko Clarke Tambellini Brownie Barney and the not too far from it (more than a year) in Boyle Pushkarov Rome Petiot Steckle and the rest I would say he has done a fine job of not only stocking the regs but at building a top five system of talented depth among our youth.

We play a trap style that is better suited to the bigger slower hard working lunch pale types than it is to the talented speedy energy kind of team and game. I still feel that there are some connection between Andys blue collar emotionless play the game with your head and wait for the other team to make a mistake then pounce stule and all of our injuries. Of course, none of truly know what is what and it could also just be that over the past two plus years we are just the most amazingly unlucky team in pro sports history but, I have a hard time with things like that. To me, it smacks of superstition. The whole we got lucky or not rubbish.

I fault no one but certainly least of all Stitch and his staff and what they have given us. Look at our team and our system depth, if we had no injuries or scat, even simply an average amount of them then we would be amazing. I feel an elite team. Faulting injuries and systems and the rest is something to debate but I still don't see where Dave has failed us at all. Now, the special teams coaches, that is another story for me.

guzmania 01-15-2004 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchy1
I fault no one but certainly least of all Stitch and his staff and what they have given us. Look at our team and our system depth, if we had no injuries or scat, even simply an average amount of them then we would be amazing. I feel an elite team. Faulting injuries and systems and the rest is something to debate but I still don't see where Dave has failed us at all. Now, the special teams coaches, that is another story for me.

I don't fault DT, I was just trying to find some light at the end of the tunnel. The places where we lead the league statistically. This might be the best team built with fiscal responsibility in mind, if we could ever see it all on the ice. Ottawa and Vancouver have to be on that list too. Too many times I read that this management team is shafting the fans. We are even with Dallas, even, half way through (just imagine the high whine if that team, with that talent, were here in LA and playing at that level). What if we were 4-8-1-0 over the last 13? We'd still have the same amount of points but we'd have wins. This team is playing hard and could get better, that's the extent of what I can ask of an organization. How can I demand we get lucky too? That luck stuff has nothing to do with management. Good points Puncher.