HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Philly - Buffalo Trade Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44119)

Flyers dom NHL 01-15-2004 12:39 PM

Philly - Buffalo Trade Proposal

Buffalo: Martin Biron
J.P. Dupont

Philadelphia: Jeff Hackett
Tony Amonte
Jim Vandermeer

King Fish 01-15-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers dom NHL
J.P. Dupont

Tony Amonte
Jim Vandermeer

Where does Philly sign! Duck and cover!

Dr Love 01-15-2004 01:06 PM

Hackett has a No Trade Clause. Can we get that as a disclaimer across the top of the forum?

degroat* 01-15-2004 01:12 PM

What was Bobby thinking?

Dr Love 01-15-2004 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degroat
What was Bobby thinking?

I think it was a major selling point in getting Hackett to come here. When he signed here, he defineately sounded like he wanted the security of knowing that he'll be in one place for the length of his contract.

blah 01-15-2004 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
Hackett has a No Trade Clause.

I think that phrase is half of every member's, who is a Flyer fan, posts on this board.

Hackett's name needs to be added to the filter in the Rumors board.

Tiki 01-15-2004 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
I think it was a major selling point in getting Hackett to come here. When he signed here, he defineately sounded like he wanted the security of knowing that he'll be in one place for the length of his contract.

Yea, but that one place will be opening the door for his teamates when Esche takes over full time.

:p

Patty Roy 01-15-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

J.P. Dupont

Tony Amonte
Jim Vandermeer

I haven't checked the salaries...but on the surface that seems like way too much salary for Buffalo to pick up. I'm certain they would pass...

Dr Love 01-15-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
I think that phrase is half of every member's, who is a Flyer fan, posts on this board.

Hackett's name needs to be added to the filter in the Rumors board.

Or signatures should be turned back on and we should make it our signature.

Dr Love 01-15-2004 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiki
Yea, but that one place will be opening the door for his teamates when Esche takes over full time.

:p

The sooner the better! I'll even get him a snazzy hat to wear as he sits on the end of the bench.

eSabre 01-15-2004 05:47 PM

Way too much salary, and I'd rather have Dumont than Amonte, IMO. Cheaper, and has upside that's starting to be revealed. We'll keep our captain.

MojoJojo 01-16-2004 06:51 AM

You could probably have the players on the Flyers side for a third round pick, when you consider we would be saving about 10 mil in salary.

WhoIsJimBob 01-16-2004 07:09 AM

Quote:

J.P. Dupont

Tony Amonte
Jim Vandermeer

Regier counters by offering Satan and Zhitnik for Pitkanen, Carter, Richards, Sharp, Williams, and Handzus.

Fan-of-#9 01-16-2004 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Regier counters by offering Satan and Zhitnik for Pitkanen, Carter, Richards, Sharp, Williams, and Handzus.

Sounds good to me !

blah 01-16-2004 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob

I was going to make a similiar ridiculous proposal in response but I couldn't think of 6 Sabres good enough to play for the Flyers.

WhoIsJimBob 01-16-2004 07:44 AM

Quote:

I was going to make a similiar ridiculous proposal in response but I couldn't think of 6 Sabres good enough to play for the Flyers.

What, the original proposal wasn't rediculous enough for you?

I mean come on. Why in the world would one even think to consider a small market team on a budget like the Sabres would do a deal where they would take on that much payroll?

Especially a deal that adds that much payroll and doesn't make them a whole lot better.

blah 01-16-2004 07:49 AM

It was a bad proposal but it still didn't warrant your response.

Fan-of-#9 01-16-2004 08:01 AM

Quote:

Right of the top of my head I can think of 3...Biron....Noronen...and Miller.

Steve L* 01-16-2004 08:12 AM

Quote:

LMAO, that would have been even more funny if they hadnt just hammered the Flyers.

blah 01-16-2004 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L
LMAO, that would have been even more funny if they hadnt just hammered the Flyers.

lol I forgot about the game all I remember is Roenick and the refs.

eSabre 01-16-2004 10:54 AM

Again, the undervaluing of Buffalo players.

But, that said, Darcy Regier would be able to get a LOT more coming back to the Sabres in any similar trade.

Weak proposal.

SabresRule 01-16-2004 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eSabre
Way too much salary, and I'd rather have Dumont than Amonte, IMO. Cheaper, and has upside that's starting to be revealed. We'll keep our captain.

my sentiments exactly

GKJ 01-17-2004 04:37 PM

6 sabres good enough to play for the Flyers:

Martin Biron
Jay McKee
Miroslav Satan
J-P Dumont
Daniel Briere
Chris Drury

TVanek26* 01-18-2004 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
6 sabres good enough to play for the Flyers:

Martin Biron
Jay McKee
Miroslav Satan
J-P Dumont
Daniel Briere
Chris Drury

Jochen Hecht,Dmitri Kalinin,Mika Noronen and Zhitnik

Hecht is one of the most underrated players in the league.In 30 games he has 4 goals and 17 assists for 21 points.21 points in 30 games for the Sabres is great, not to mention he I believe is a PLUS 11 on the Sabres.

And how long is Desjardin out for?

Steve L* 01-18-2004 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
And how long is Desjardin out for?

Probably a couple of months.