HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jeff O'Neill? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44182)

Owen Wilson 01-15-2004 06:13 PM

Jeff O'Neill?
 
I was just watching TSN and McKenzie was saying that O'Neill is on the block. I know he's a FA at season's end but not sure if its restricted or unrestricted. If its restricted I say we go get him. This is the exact player that the Habs need.

What do you think it would cost to get him?

Stephan Lebeau 01-15-2004 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
This is the exact player that the Habs need.

Just wondering...why is he the exact player we need? What dimension would he bring that we don't have or can't find inhouse?

august 01-15-2004 06:20 PM

It would be good to see a guy like O.neill with montreal. I would see him on a line with Ryder and Koivu. He is a 30-40 goal scorer.

bleedgreen 01-15-2004 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
I was just watching TSN and McKenzie was saying that O'Neill is on the block. I know he's a FA at season's end but not sure if its restricted or unrestricted. If its restricted I say we go get him. This is the exact player that the Habs need.

What do you think it would cost to get him?

unless the rules change (cba), he will be restricted. he is only 27/28 years old.

Cloudigger 01-15-2004 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan Lebeau
Just wondering...why is he the exact player we need? What dimension would he bring that we don't have or can't find inhouse?

well he is a right shooting centre, who can play right wing, relatively young, 28 in february, allreayd score 40 goals once, and 30 goals two other times i believe, of what ive seen of him he play physical ( not a power forward mind you but he uses his body well) I would really like to get him.. but he will probably cost a lot.. money wise and player wise

Owen Wilson 01-15-2004 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan Lebeau
Just wondering...why is he the exact player we need? What dimension would he bring that we don't have or can't find inhouse?

Do you know who Jeff O'Neill is??

bleedgreen 01-15-2004 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudigger
well he is a right shooting centre, who can play right wing, relatively young, 28 in february, allreayd score 40 goals once, and 30 goals two other times i believe, of what ive seen of him he play physical ( not a power forward mind you but he uses his body well) I would really like to get him.. but he will probably cost a lot.. money wise and player wise

as a canes fan, im glad you guys know how much he should be worth. i would think it would take a solid young player and/or prospect to get him. he cant demand too much of a raise after this season, so if you can afford him now, next year (if it happens) shouldnt be much harder.

Stephan Lebeau 01-15-2004 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
Do you know who Jeff O'Neill is??

Do you know how to answer a question in order to have a discussion? Nevermind though, cloudigger did it.

Stephan Lebeau 01-15-2004 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudigger
well he is a right shooting centre, who can play right wing, relatively young, 28 in february, allreayd score 40 goals once, and 30 goals two other times i believe, of what ive seen of him he play physical ( not a power forward mind you but he uses his body well) I would really like to get him.. but he will probably cost a lot.. money wise and player wise

but that means Ryder has to move to left wing???

markov` 01-15-2004 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedgreen
as a canes fan, im glad you guys know how much he should be worth. i would think it would take a solid young player and/or prospect to get him. he cant demand too much of a raise after this season, so if you can afford him now, next year (if it happens) shouldnt be much harder.

We could easily give a package of Yannic Perreault, Marcel Hossa and a pick.

Owen Wilson 01-15-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan Lebeau
Do you know how to answer a question in order to have a discussion? Nevermind though, cloudigger did it.

you'll notice my post is after cloudigger's, i'm not gonna post the exact same thing

Cloudigger 01-15-2004 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan Lebeau
but that means Ryder has to move to left wing???

I guess yes .. if you dont want to break chemistry on the second line ... personnally I would play O'neil with Koivu and Bulis, and Ryder with Ribeiro and Zed.. With Dagenais as a powerplay specialist , playing with Ribeiro on that special unit... but hey could be cool to see a Ryder - Koivu - O'neil line too... :)

Cloudigger 01-15-2004 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedgreen
as a canes fan, im glad you guys know how much he should be worth. i would think it would take a solid young player and/or prospect to get him. he cant demand too much of a raise after this season, so if you can afford him now, next year (if it happens) shouldnt be much harder.

Well I guess a guy like Hainsey + Ward + maybe a pick could be of interest to Carolina?... Hainsey being the centre of this trade, from Montreal of course,

bleedgreen 01-15-2004 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudigger
Well I guess a guy like Hainsey + Ward + maybe a pick could be of interest to Carolina?... Hainsey being the centre of this trade, from Montreal of course,

ive heard people say hainsey isnt that great-but i dont know personally. i think it would take a young player you guys think cant go back. komisarek, or your first rounder from this year. i wouldnt think you guys would want those guys to go. i hope they try to go after someone like j williams in philly. your package is probably in the correct style of trade though.

Cloudigger 01-15-2004 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedgreen
ive heard people say hainsey isnt that great-but i dont know personally. i think it would take a young player you guys think cant go back. komisarek, or your first rounder from this year. i wouldnt think you guys would want those guys to go. i hope they try to go after someone like j williams in philly. your package is probably in the correct style of trade though.

Well I was udner the impression that Carolina could use a young d-man with potential.. and that's exactly what Hainsey is.... I do believe Hainsey is goign to have a good carreer.. tho for a reason, call it gut feeling, I dont think it will be in Montreal, right now the jury is still out...


I must admit, here ,that I'm no Hurricane expert ;)

Stephan Lebeau 01-15-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
you'll notice my post is after cloudigger's, i'm not gonna post the exact same thing

If so, there was no point in asking "do you know who Jeff O'Neill is?"

Owen Wilson 01-15-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan Lebeau
If so, there was no point in asking "do you know who Jeff O'Neill is?"

I don't want to start anything here, but if you have to ask what O'Neill brings, you've obviously never seen him play.

AlexandreTheNotSoGreat 01-15-2004 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
I don't want to start anything here, but if you have to ask what O'Neill brings, you've obviously never seen him play.


Which is probably the exact reason he asked.

Owen Wilson 01-15-2004 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexandreTheNotSoGreat
Which is probably the exact reason he asked.

Yeah that makes sense. I guess I jumped the gun a little. I figured O'Neill was known.

Stephan Lebeau 01-15-2004 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
I don't want to start anything here, but if you have to ask what O'Neill brings, you've obviously never seen him play.

I've seen him play enough times.
I asked the simple question of why you think he's the "Exact player we need"

This is a discussion board and I was asking for your opinion. I wasn't opposing what you were saying at all. If you don't want to explain yourself when you make threads/posts, perhaps you shouldn't make em? :dunno:

Owen Wilson 01-15-2004 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan Lebeau
I've seen him play enough times.
I asked the simple question of why you think he's the "Exact player we need"

This is a discussion board and I was asking for your opinion. I wasn't opposing what you were saying at all. If you don't want to explain yourself when you make threads/posts, perhaps you shouldn't make em? :dunno:

As I said in my previous post, I jumped the gun a little. I took your post as sarcasm, thats all.

Stephan Lebeau 01-15-2004 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
As I said in my previous post, I jumped the gun a little. I took your post as sarcasm, thats all.

nope! i wasn't being sarcastic at all.. i was just hoping to get some more info on the qualities you think he can bring that we don't already have. thats all.

Owen Wilson 01-15-2004 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephan Lebeau
nope! i wasn't being sarcastic at all.. i was just hoping to get some more info on the qualities you think he can bring that we don't already have. thats all.

thats cool, just a misunderstanding on my part.

chicpea* 01-15-2004 07:40 PM

Guys Guys, settle down. Before we sign O'Neill, I should mention that this same conversation has been going on over at the Canucks board for about a week already. After tonight, I'd have to say it was going on in almost every forum. So, basically, we'll have to get in line for Mr. O'Neill.

#44_delivers 01-15-2004 07:43 PM

i dont want o'niell.
thats just me


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.