HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Boston/Philly Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44218)

Flyers dom NHL 01-15-2004 07:26 PM

Boston/Philly Proposal
 
im just throwin this our there

Philly gets: sergei samsonov, hannu toivonen

Boston gets: simon gagne, jim vandermeer, mike richards, draft pick

not quite yoda 01-15-2004 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers dom NHL
im just throwin this our there

Philly gets: sergei samsonov, hannu toivonen

Boston gets: simon gagne, jim vandermeer, mike richards, draft pick

Boston and Philly have similar Goaltending problems... I dont see Boston trading away a prospect like Toivonen. They need him. Gagné and Samsonov have comparable statuses and are both underachieving right now. I wouldn`t think the teams would swapèm just for the heck of it. Vandermeer is a D. Btn have depth already, they just need an established PP QB. Vandermeer is not that. Richards is interesting but I would keep Toivonen over him.

...not enough for Boston.

Gator Mike 01-15-2004 08:06 PM

I don't see the point in swapping Samsonov for Gagne.

Vandermeer, Richards, and pick for Toivonen? I dunno. Vandermeer doesn't really do much for the Bruins - they've got warm bodies on defense, but they don't have difference-makers -- and Vandermeer isn't one. And there's no way I swap a top-notch goaltending prospect for a top prospect at any other position - not if I'm the Bruins.

not quite yoda 01-15-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gator Mike
I don't see the point in swapping Samsonov for Gagne.

Vandermeer, Richards, and pick for Toivonen? I dunno. Vandermeer doesn't really do much for the Bruins - they've got warm bodies on defense, but they don't have difference-makers -- and Vandermeer isn't one. And there's no way I swap a top-notch goaltending prospect for a top prospect at any other position - not if I'm the Bruins.

Didnt I just say that?

BruinFan42 01-15-2004 08:25 PM

That's a tough one, the Bruins have big plans for Toivonen after the whole CBA situation is taken care of, he's expected to be Boston's #1 goalie for many years. You'd probably have to switch Vandemeer and that pick with Kim Johnsson to get Mike O'Connell interested...

orrthegreatest 01-16-2004 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers dom NHL
im just throwin this our there

Philly gets: sergei samsonov, hannu toivonen

Boston gets: simon gagne, jim vandermeer, mike richards, draft pick

No Thanks, We will not part with Hannu, he is our future, and we have a very high win percentage with Sergei playing....

Bruwinz37 01-16-2004 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers dom NHL
im just throwin this our there

Philly gets: sergei samsonov, hannu toivonen

Boston gets: simon gagne, jim vandermeer, mike richards, draft pick

Let me speak for all Bruin fans.

NO.

swflyers8* 01-16-2004 05:58 AM

Quote:

im just throwin this our there

Philly gets: sergei samsonov, hannu toivonen

Boston gets: simon gagne, jim vandermeer, mike richards, draft pick
This deal would never happen for either team.

Boston: Potvin isn't going to be there after this year, right? So that leaves Raycroft. I don't think they would trade a good goalie prospect away. With Sergei, he is a young player who can improve and Boston needs him right now.

Philly: Gagne, isn't playing so hot but is a player of the future of the Flyers with all our old guys. Richards, forget about him. Vandy won't be moved, our defensemen are all old guys, we need him.

blurbruin 01-16-2004 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
Boston and Philly have similar Goaltending problems... I dont see Boston trading away a prospect like Toivonen. They need him. Gagné and Samsonov have comparable statuses and are both underachieving right now. I wouldn`t think the teams would swapèm just for the heck of it. Vandermeer is a D. Btn have depth already, they just need an established PP QB. Vandermeer is not that. Richards is interesting but I would keep Toivonen over him.

...not enough for Boston.

I don't think the bruins have any goaltending problems at all...

not quite yoda 01-16-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blurbruin
I don't think the bruins have any goaltending problems at all...

all the bruins have is a rookie and an over-the-hill potvin. Do you think either will win them a cup.
all the flyers have is a young unprooven (playoff wise) goalie and an over-the-hill hackett (who was never all that good to start with).

Magnus Fulgur 01-16-2004 02:28 PM

espion
 
Espion, the Bruins' defense has been awful from top to bottom this year. The PK has been digusting until recently, and the defensive play of the forwards has been lacking. Potvin and Raycroft have been great in Boston, and have both stolen many games for us. I wouldn't see Burke or Cujo or Kolzig fixing the problems for the Bruins.

Wingboy2999 01-16-2004 03:25 PM

Pointless move in my opinion.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.