HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What happens when Weber returns? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=442803)

Jarnberg 11-15-2007 10:17 AM

What happens when Weber returns?

Whenever Weber returns, who does everyone feel will be kept between Klein and Koistinen? Or do we keep them both until Sullivan returns (assuming he does..)?

Obviously the coaching staff isn't that happy with Klein's game. I still think he's going to be a good NHL defensemen. He hasn't had much of a chance with our organization. Perhaps a change of scenery is needed. But his trade value might be lower right now.

Seth Lake 11-15-2007 10:54 AM

Klein will most likely be sent on a two-week conditioning assignment and Koistinen will rotate out of the lineup as the 7th defenseman. After the conditioning assignment is up, then we will most likely see Klein and Koistinen rotate through the lineup until there is an injury or a player gets yanked out due to poor play.

I don't suspect we will see Poile eager to trade any of our defensive depth right now unless his hand is totally forced.

Enoch 11-15-2007 02:49 PM

I just don't know. Trotz does this with young players, year after year after year. He won't play unless our hand is forced.

Seth Lake 11-15-2007 03:08 PM

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....18/1002/SPORTS

Klein sent on conditioning assignment. Weber to return Saturday.

RADU 11-15-2007 04:02 PM

when weber returns.. we win some

RADU 11-15-2007 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 11213020)
Whenever Weber returns, who does everyone feel will be kept between Klein and Koistinen? Or do we keep them both until Sullivan returns (assuming he does..)?

Obviously the coaching staff isn't that happy with Klein's game. I still think he's going to be a good NHL defensemen. He hasn't had much of a chance with our organization. Perhaps a change of scenery is needed. But his trade value might be lower right now.

love your avatar
its hard finding a pic of raddy without a demented look on his face

lugnut76 11-15-2007 04:17 PM

What do we think will happen; or what do we want to see happen? I think we see the beginnings of what will happen. Klein's conditioning assignment and next will be Koistinen moving to the 7th Dman and scratched. I think most pred fans would rather see something happen with DeVries but it won't.

What is the situation regarding reassigning Klein or Koistinen to the Admirals? Would they need to clear waivers?

jstreet 11-16-2007 02:03 AM

sit deVries and cut Ville's TOI

Paranoid Android 11-16-2007 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lugnut76 (Post 11217078)
What is the situation regarding reassigning Klein or Koistinen to the Admirals? Would they need to clear waivers?

Yes.

I think we'll run 8 dmen for a while. I always thought Koistinen would be gone, but he's playing so well. And getting rid of Klein would hurt in the size department. I wonder why Klein is in Trotz' doghouse?

braindead 11-16-2007 04:14 AM

Perhaps part of the master plan to build up Ville to trade him instead? Nahhhh. I think Klein is gone, sorry to say.

jstreet 11-16-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braindead (Post 11227028)
Perhaps part of the master plan to build up Ville to trade him instead? Nahhhh. I think Klein is gone, sorry to say.

but are they even going to bother trying to showcase him?

Joe T Choker 11-16-2007 11:24 PM

Shea Weber puts Paul Kariya through the glass is what happens when Shea comes back

braindead 11-17-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars (Post 11237981)
but are they even going to bother trying to showcase him?

I don't think so. Perhaps they will hold on for several weeks with 8 guys to see if an injury hits and then trade him to the Sabres or Caps for a 3rd or 4th round pick