HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gagne (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44305)

PhoPhan 01-16-2004 07:17 AM

Gagne

In all honesty, what would it cost for the Coyotes to acquire Gagne? I have heard many conflicting reports. On one hand, he is not fitting Hitchcock's system and has regressed in his development. On the other, he is excelling and remains a fan favorite with a lot of potential. Would he cost a 2nd round pick or would he cost Nagy, or somewhere in between?

Dr Love 01-16-2004 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan
In all honesty, what would it cost for the Coyotes to acquire Gagne? I have heard many conflicting reports. On one hand, he is not fitting Hitchcock's system and has regressed in his development. On the other, he is excelling and remains a fan favorite with a lot of potential. Would he cost a 2nd round pick or would he cost Nagy, or somewhere in between?

Not fitting into Hitchcock's system? First I've heard. He's been excellent on the defensive side of the puck. The Flyers are trying to win now. Gagne for a pick would never happen, the cost would be Nagy, or something around that.

blah 01-16-2004 07:20 AM

Nagy.

GKJ 01-16-2004 07:24 AM

Yeah, the Coyotes would have to give up Nagy even though he is better than Gagne is

capn89* 01-16-2004 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Yeah, the Coyotes would have to give up Nagy even though he is better than Gagne is

I was wondering when someone would do the hitchcock avatar.

GKJ 01-16-2004 07:51 AM

ah, i just got back.

Nikkowar 01-16-2004 01:23 PM

Again with these Gagné propoals.....soon enough i'll realize that I can't win but for now,

NO YOU CAN'T HAVE SIMON! :p

PhoPhan 01-16-2004 05:39 PM

Well, if it'll cost Nagy, I'd pass in a heartbeat. Gagne isn't even close right now.

blah 01-16-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Well, if it'll cost Nagy, I'd pass in a heartbeat. Gagne isn't even close right now.

Your opinion, I'm sure that's would it'd cost though, not saying it's worth it for the Yotes, it obviously isn't.

Brad* 01-16-2004 08:48 PM

Quote:

Not shocking that you'd pass on that. Even though most Flyer fans don't want to talk about it, Gagne hasn't been the same player he was for over a year now and it's becoming quite worrisome. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be opposed to moving him now for some valuable return.

Flyman 01-17-2004 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Not shocking that you'd pass on that. Even though most Flyer fans don't want to talk about it, Gagne hasn't been the same player he was for over a year now and it's becoming quite worrisome. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't be opposed to moving him now for some valuable return.

Agreed. Simon is a great player with big upside. But he is cleary under his level for a year now. I hope he will raise it and be back to play as possessed as he was when he notched 66 points.
If he fails...well, maybe a trade would be welcome...for him like for us.

GKJ 01-17-2004 04:00 AM

Quote:

You're completely right, but that's what it would take to get Gagne

BrindA17 01-17-2004 06:26 AM

I'm a bit surprised the name mentioned wasn't Shane Doan.

(I now see why, after looking up his stats. 45 games, 45 points. That's more than we can offer.)

Flyman 01-17-2004 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindA17

(I now see why, after looking up his stats. 45 games, 45 points. That's more than we can offer.)

Just because we need a LW, not another guy on the right. We're loaded at this position dude...

Winston Wolf 01-17-2004 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindA17

Shane Doan is their captain and has been playing well, so he won't be traded. The one player I would trade Gagne for (on the Coyotes) is Paul Mara. We'd probably have to add in a pick or something, but Mara is young and our blueline would be absolutely scary in a few years.

Pitkanen-Mara
Johnsson-Seidenberg
Vandermeer-Jones/Korovkin/Ruggeri/other prospect

The Flash 01-17-2004 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy
Shane Doan is their captain and has been playing well, so he won't be traded. The one player I would trade Gagne for (on the Coyotes) is Paul Mara. We'd probably have to add in a pick or something, but Mara is young and our blueline would be absolutely scary in a few years.

Pitkanen-Mara
Johnsson-Seidenberg
Vandermeer-Jones/Korovkin/Ruggeri/other prospect

Mara is a good player, but it still hasn't addressed the Flyers biggest problem. GOALTENDING. It doesnt matter how good the defense is. Ultimately there needs to be a goaltender behind them to make the key saves.

And who is going to score for the Flyers when all the vets leave? I don't exactly see an snipers down on the farm looking to break thru.