HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone want this guy? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44327)

crossxcheck 01-16-2004 08:00 AM

Anyone want this guy?

Anyone want to take denis arkhipov off our hands? He can play all 3 forwards positions. What do you think is a fair trade for this kid?

Oiltalk 01-16-2004 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
Anyone want to take denis arkhipov off our hands? He can play all 3 forwards positions. What do you think is a fair trade for this kid?

How much does he make?

Oiltalk 01-16-2004 08:07 AM

Horcoff straight up for Arkhipov?

NFITO 01-16-2004 08:07 AM

Quote:

saying to take a player "off our hands" don't expect a lot as far as "fair" trade value...

I think he still has pretty good value though... still young and still has good upside.

Darth Milbury 01-16-2004 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
saying to take a player "off our hands" don't expect a lot as far as "fair" trade value...

I think he still has pretty good value though... still young and still has good upside.

I agree. He has got size and skills. Lots of team would take a chance with him.

leafaholix* 01-16-2004 08:20 AM

He's been one of my favourites since his rookie season.

I don't know why... possibly because his name sounds like "Antropov"... :dunno:

crossxcheck 01-16-2004 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oiltalk

No thanks :)

crossxcheck 01-16-2004 09:41 AM

Quote:

How much does he make?

$1,000,000

Oiltalk 01-16-2004 09:44 AM

Quote:

No thanks :)

Hope your not expecting a slamdunk for him. :p

nikolai19 01-16-2004 10:35 AM

I know at the World Championships last year he played really well with Frolov. I think he would be a good fit in LA.

How about Aaron Rome or Tomas Ziska and a mid round pick?

Burke's Evil Spirit 01-16-2004 10:48 AM

Quote:

I'd do this if I was Nashville.

crossxcheck 01-16-2004 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikolai19
I know at the World Championships last year he played really well with Frolov. I think he would be a good fit in LA.

How about Aaron Rome or Tomas Ziska and a mid round pick?

Young d-men are the last thing in the world we need. We need a scorer.

saba 01-16-2004 11:32 AM

Morozov for Aki

How about Morozov of PGH for Akihpoff straight up? Both could use a change of scenery

Fat Elvis 01-16-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

Take Rosa and Lehoux. No really, take them.

LaVal 01-16-2004 12:35 PM

i've always been a fan of Arkhipov... however i don't see room for him on the Canucks

Ice Cream Man 01-16-2004 01:10 PM

Quote:

How about both? Steve Montador (not-so-young, checking defenceman) and Robert Dome (pre-season highlight reel scorer?).....straight up for Arkhipov?

With Yelle out for a month, we could use Denis!

:D

Teemu 01-16-2004 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO

ive always wondered.... if one were to say "would someone take kovalchuk off our hands", what would happen....

shayne 01-16-2004 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teemu08
ive always wondered.... if one were to say "would someone take kovalchuk off our hands", what would happen....

he always interested me , montreal would offer a 5th rd pick

barrytrotzsneck 01-16-2004 03:16 PM

Arkhipov...I'm as down on him as most Nashville fans, but I honestly think that it's mental problems he's suffering from. The guy scores 20 goals his rookie season on a low-scoring, score-by-committee kind of team...he gets in DUI trouble...and he's NEVER been the same, since. He's improved certain aspects of his game(great on the faceoff, learned to use his size defensively) but he just can't seem to make the puck go in the net. He's hit more posts than anyone I've ever seen, in the last year alone. I think that he WILL be traded(a lot of rumors about it, in Nashville) but it will be as part of a package, closer to the deadline, should the Preds need a bit of playoff bolstering. I think that if a team were to take a chance on him, and he was given a fresh start...he could prove to be a valuable second line center\decent scorer, I just don't think it's going to happen for him in Nashville.

Wingboy2999 01-16-2004 03:18 PM

The Wings would be interested, I think. Just to fill some holes and actually have a future. He would also look good in a Pens uniform. Not sure what they can offer up though.

barrytrotzsneck 01-16-2004 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingboy2999
The Wings would be interested, I think. Just to fill some holes and actually have a future. He would also look good in a Pens uniform. Not sure what they can offer up though.

the penguins would be a GREAT place, actually. i think that he feels pressured, and he's been made into our fourth line center, most of the time. if he was in a place where he was THE guy, on the first or second line, i think he'd hit his stride again..but again...they don't really have anything that would help us.