HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Chad Wiseman (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44559)

Barnaby 01-17-2004 07:40 AM

Chad Wiseman
 
I haven't been able to see much of Chad Wiseman, but Iv'e heard good things and he really looked solid in the NJ-NYR game. What do you think his ceiling is in the NHL? From the little Iv'e seen I think he could earn a 4th line spot next to Jed Ortmeyer and eventually work his way into the 3rd line over the next couple seasons. I think he could be a hardworking character guy for us. What's your guys opinion?

Also, On another thing how does Garth Murray look this season? Does he look as good as advertised? I dont get the Pack games here on Long Island.

majicpixie 01-18-2004 11:39 AM

I agree with you that Chad would be a strong 4th (or 3rd) liner at first, and he'll easily work his way up. He tends to get nervous and loses confidence in himself rather quickly, but as long as he's given a chance to play he works through that and gets the job done. All he had to do was score that first NHL goal, and now that he's done it, he'll be tearing up the ice for sure.

Av-merican 01-18-2004 11:42 AM

If he has any kind of impact like Nils Ekman is having in San Jose, then he'll be a great 3rd line player with plenty of scoring punch.

Barnaby 01-18-2004 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majicpixie
I agree with you that Chad would be a strong 4th (or 3rd) liner at first, and he'll easily work his way up. He tends to get nervous and loses confidence in himself rather quickly, but as long as he's given a chance to play he works through that and gets the job done. All he had to do was score that first NHL goal, and now that he's done it, he'll be tearing up the ice for sure.

If the Rangers give him a chance :/

majicpixie 01-18-2004 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
If the Rangers give him a chance :/

I really didn't think he'd get called up again this season after not having the chance to play back in October when he got the call, was scratched from 1 game, and then sent back down. But, he is getting a chance now, and I just hope Sather likes what he sees from Chad.

allrevvedup25 01-19-2004 02:59 AM

Its amazing what speed and determination will do to a team. Look at Jed and Chad. They hustle every shift. Just wish that Wiseman would stick. He finishes his checks and has tonnes of speed.

TKLOOCH22 01-19-2004 06:55 AM

First post in a while for me...
 
I think Wiseman's a decent player that this team should keep around. Right now only having played maybe 3-4 NHL games, he looks exactly like Ortmeyer did when he first got up. Wiseman's building confidence each game and at first, just like Ortmeyer, his stride and skating looked weak and a bit light. Now that Ortmeyer has been here a while and gone through NHL games and practices, hes a strong skater and has gotten a stronger stride. This is what'll happen with Wiseman, or so I hope.

Brokencow 01-21-2004 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av-merican
If he has any kind of impact like Nils Ekman is having in San Jose, then he'll be a great 3rd line player with plenty of scoring punch.

Man i love ekman, that guy is solid at everything and very classy. Not sure how he slipped through tampa and NY. Chads got a couple years to catch up to ekman though.

Fish 01-21-2004 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokencow
Man i love ekman, that guy is solid at everything and very classy. Not sure how he slipped through tampa and NY. Chads got a couple years to catch up to ekman though.

Wiseman got sent down yesterday, what with Lacouture coming off of IR, Kasparaitis going on and Nycholat and Lampman being called up

MisterUnspoken 01-21-2004 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKLOOCH22
I think Wiseman's a decent player that this team should keep around. Right now only having played maybe 3-4 NHL games, he looks exactly like Ortmeyer did when he first got up. Wiseman's building confidence each game and at first, just like Ortmeyer, his stride and skating looked weak and a bit light. Now that Ortmeyer has been here a while and gone through NHL games and practices, hes a strong skater and has gotten a stronger stride. This is what'll happen with Wiseman, or so I hope.


Anyone else noticing a trend with players coming from Hartford, seems more like players built for a defensive minded system who score timely goals to eak out games, ala NJ Devils. ???????/

#37-#93-#27* 01-21-2004 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Anyone else noticing a trend with players coming from Hartford, seems more like players built for a defensive minded system who score timely goals to eak out games, ala NJ Devils. ???????/

Which is why we never see them with the big team.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.