HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Theo & Dackell IN, Kilger OUT (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44576)

Cariboux 01-17-2004 08:34 AM

Theo & Dackell IN, Kilger OUT

"Théo devrait affronter les Rangers
José Théodore devrait être devant le filet du Canadien pour le match contre les Rangers de New York, lui qui a pratiqué avec ses coéquipiers pendant plus de 45 minutes samedi matin.
Vendredi, Théo n'avait pas pratiqué, ennuyé qu'il était par la grippe.

Claude Julien a décidé de ne pas faire appel à Chad Kilger contre les Rangers. Il sera remplacé dans l'alignement par Andreas Dackell."

Source : RDS.CA

---

Theo will be in front of the net and seems OK

Kilger is going back out of the lineup and Dackell will take his place in the lineup. Don't know if he's going to take Ward's spot on the 3rd line

jcpenny 01-17-2004 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cariboux
"Théo devrait affronter les Rangers
José Théodore devrait être devant le filet du Canadien pour le match contre les Rangers de New York, lui qui a pratiqué avec ses coéquipiers pendant plus de 45 minutes samedi matin.
Vendredi, Théo n'avait pas pratiqué, ennuyé qu'il était par la grippe.

Claude Julien a décidé de ne pas faire appel à Chad Kilger contre les Rangers. Il sera remplacé dans l'alignement par Andreas Dackell."

Source : RDS.CA

---

Theo will be in front of the net and seems OK

Kilger is going back out of the lineup and Dackell will take his place in the lineup. Don't know if he's going to take Ward's spot on the 3rd line

Hope not. Ward brings another dimension to that line and we desperately need that. As for Kilger thats the reason why he cant do well. CJ is clearly not helping him by playing yo-yo with him, i thought that he did well lately. Dackell is clearly not an upgrade.

Team_Spirit 01-17-2004 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
Hope not. Ward brings another dimension to that line and we desperately need that. As for Kilger thats the reason why he cant do well. CJ is clearly not helping him by playing yo-yo with him, i thought that he did well lately. Dackell is clearly not an upgrade.

I agree but a Langdon - Perrault - Dackell line would be dreadfull :mad:

Habs 01-17-2004 11:10 AM

Bad move. The Rangers are a big club, and Chad has been playing well. Ward has been disappointing, provides no offence and little hitting.

gohabsgo2010 01-17-2004 11:13 AM

Kilger plays well for a few games, gets dropped to the fourth line, and then sent to the pressbox...

Why? I know I shouldn't question CJ, but why jerk the guy around when you know what he can do in a given role. He plays a much better game than Perreault, anyways, faceoffs aside. A line of Jason Ward, Chad Kilger, and Darren Langdon is a lot more appealing, not to mention Kilger is still a 50% faceoff man.

Team_Spirit 01-17-2004 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs
Bad move. The Rangers are a big club, and Chad has been playing well. Ward has been disappointing, provides no offence and little hitting.

I disagre , Ward had his chances and provide alot of edge to our 3rd line . He's twice the player Kilger is .

Uber Coca 01-17-2004 11:46 AM

Until we don't trade Perreault and Dackell, we won't have 4 organizated lines. I don't know for you, but I'm getting tired of those line changes. (We are trying to get stable, but I don't see the point of playing Perreault again, he's just taking a young player's place [Plekanec]).

zurg999 01-17-2004 12:04 PM

I'd see Dackell in 10 times over Kilger. Dackell is a known quantity and always has a positive impact when he plays. Kilger is still not contributing the way he has to, that is with physical presence. Sure he had more consistent shifts for a few games after the waiver threat, but is mostly back to his old self, except skating a little harder. His puck handling and passing is atrocious, no shot to speak of, mediocre backchecker. He doesn't do the only other thing thing that might help the team; get himself in the positions he could to use his size. He kills me when he turns to the side of the net with a loose puck in the crease.

He'll be moved or sent down if or when the injury situation stabilizes. Too bad, because he really likes Montreal and otherwise is probably a really good guy.

Medicine Twin 01-18-2004 11:34 AM

Dackell is a better fit on the third line than Ward. He reads the play better, is a better skater, more tenacious forechecker... and simply has great chemistry with Sundstrom. Our third line was being outplayed bigtime against the Rangers last night.