HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Coyotes acquire help for Springfield (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44670)

Greg 01-17-2004 03:35 PM

Coyotes acquire help for Springfield

Coyotes acquire D Reirden from Ducks
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (CP) - The Phoenix Coyotes acquired defenceman Todd Reirden from the Anaheim Mighty Ducks for future considerations Saturday.

The Coyotes immediately assigned Reirden to the AHL's Springfield Falcons. Phoenix also sent centre Krystofer Kolanos to Springfield. Kolanos was recalled Jan. 15 but did not suit up for Phoenix.

The six-foot-four, 214-pound Reirden has appeared in 176 career NHL games with Edmonton, St. Louis and Atlanta, recording 11 goals and 33 assists. Reirden, 32, has also played in five NHL playoff games - all with the Blues - registering an assist.

http://tsn.ca/NHL/news_story.asp?ID=68511

Waldo 01-17-2004 03:44 PM

Let's hope he can stabilize the Falcons defense.

scoob4093 01-17-2004 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waldo
Let's hope he can stabilize the Falcons defense.

Hopefully I'm wrong but looking at this move with a jaundiced eye it may mean that either Helmer can't play or since he is at the point of his career that even if he does play he's stuck in the A with no chance to make the show he'll just take the David McIntyre -Steven King route collect his check and retire in April. With Reirden here that gives them 3 veteran defensemen counting Wilson and Helmer.With no incentive for Helmer to return and if he feels that his shoulder is not responding to the surgery retirement is an option.

coyotesfan2028 01-18-2004 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoob4093
Hopefully I'm wrong but looking at this move with a jaundiced eye it may mean that either Helmer can't play or since he is at the point of his career that even if he does play he's stuck in the A with no chance to make the show he'll just take the David McIntyre -Steven King route collect his check and retire in April. With Reirden here that gives them 3 veteran defensemen counting Wilson and Helmer.With no incentive for Helmer to return and if he feels that his shoulder is not responding to the surgery retirement is an option.

that better not be why they got reirden! i'm a huge helmer fan and i was looking forward to his return. i recently heard he was hoping to be back by the end of january. maybe he had a setback and with both him and wilson out, maybe springfield felt they needed another experienced dman.

Saprykin Fan 01-18-2004 11:34 AM

hey

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyotesfan2028
that better not be why they got reirden! i'm a huge helmer fan and i was looking forward to his return. i recently heard he was hoping to be back by the end of january. maybe he had a setback and with both him and wilson out, maybe springfield felt they needed another experienced dman.

They got reirdan cause SPILLER WAS CALLED UP LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tanabe i figure will be out a very long time, even for teh rest of teh season!!, thats why they got reirdon cause they figure spiller will be up the rest of teh year, and MCl injury can keep u out for a long time!!!! go matthew go!!!!!

Gwyddbwyll 01-18-2004 01:24 PM

scoob - Coyotes specifically told Helmer they wanted him as the veteran leader for Springfield and as the first call up to Phoenix when needed. Considering Phoenix's weakness at D, every dman should really feel they have a chance.

scoob4093 01-18-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevex
scoob - Coyotes specifically told Helmer they wanted him as the veteran leader for Springfield and as the first call up to Phoenix when needed. Considering Phoenix's weakness at D, every dman should really feel they have a chance.

Agree. But in the Worcester paper, Helmer played there for I think 2 years, there was a blurb that he wouldn't be back until sometime in Feb. The Falcons got creamed again today in Lowell and are currently 8 games below .500 and there next 4 games are all on the road. I think they're toast. Might be time to give the tickets to the kids, stay at the hacienda and watch NHL Center Ice

Mark O 01-18-2004 08:31 PM

My season tickets have been gathering dust ever since they signed Tibbetts. They may very well have my money, but they won't have my butt in the seat. I am completely disgusted, and the teams performance (or lack thereof) won't bring me back anytime soon. If only they could play better than they fight.