HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   A What if ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44673)

ihatenewjersey 01-17-2004 03:40 PM

A What if ?

when Messier got shaken up in the first period of the mtl. game it made me wonder, if he got hurt, what would sather do. i mean i know sather considers him valueable, but just what do you think he would do?

Fire Sather 01-17-2004 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey
when Messier got shaken up in the first period of the mtl. game it made me wonder, if he got hurt, what would sather do. i mean i know sather considers him valueable, but just what do you think he would do?

Trade for igor larionov.

dedalus 01-17-2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
Trade for igor larionov.

Oh come ON!!!

Isn't there someone older for whom we can trade?

nyr5186 01-17-2004 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey

Most likely he'd revert back to playing three lines and keeping Ortmeyer and Rheaume on the bench. Because everyone knows its Messier that makes that line go, and everyone else is just benefitting from his brilliance. :shakehead

Theoren Fan 01-17-2004 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Most likely he'd revert back to playing three lines and keeping Ortmeyer and Rheaume on the bench. Because everyone knows its Messier that makes that line go, and everyone else is just benefitting from his brilliance. :shakehead

Hey, say what you will about Messier, but this season has been his best season IMO since he came back to NY...by a long shot, even.

He's been better then Nedved, that's for sure.

King Nothing* 01-17-2004 04:50 PM

we could bring up DeBrusk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
Oh come ON!!!

Isn't there someone older for whom we can trade?

ddheyman 01-17-2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186

Yeah because its been Ortmeyer's cement hands and goal scoring knack that has 4 game winning goals and been our leading goal scorer for most of the year ...

I don't understand the need to bash Messier, guy does nothing but work his but off, play hurt, score when given the opportunity and oh yeah win Cups.

nyr5186 01-17-2004 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddheyman
Yeah because its been Ortmeyer's cement hands and goal scoring knack that has 4 game winning goals and been our leading goal scorer for most of the year ...

I don't understand the need to bash Messier, guy does nothing but work his but off, play hurt, score when given the opportunity and oh yeah win Cups.

Im not bashing Messier at all. Im just saying that if he were not centering the 4th line, kids like Ortmeyer and Wiseman would be sitting on the bench. Im the first one to admit that he's played well this season, but he's not the one who goes into the corners and does the dirty work. He's had guys like Simon, Barnaby and Ortmeyer forecheck and feed him the puck. Just look at his goals. Most of them have been tap ins in the crease. He still knows how to get open and finish when he gets the chance, but he's not the one that makes his line go.

ihatenewjersey 01-17-2004 07:17 PM

i think he does his job and as a 4th line center(lol) he's been great, i just love it when sam and jd overrate what he does, he turned the puck over tonite and they were like showing the replay of it and were amazed by the brillance of his turnover, i just don't get it sometimes

NJDevs430 01-17-2004 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
Trade for igor larionov.

You have a very mean sense of humor.
<(-:**