HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Travelling to Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44712)

Flamesfan 26 01-17-2004 06:22 PM

Travelling to Ottawa
 
Hey I am travelling to Ottawa on Feb 21st and I am planning on going to the Flames Sens game and was wondering where I can by some tickets online and when they are available. Also can you tell me the website address for the bus schedule. Thanx in advance

sensfan18 01-17-2004 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalanche 26
Hey I am travelling to Ottawa on Feb 21st and I am planning on going to the Flames Sens game and was wondering where I can by some tickets online and when they are available. Also can you tell me the website address for the bus schedule. Thanx in advance

To answer your questions.

Tickets can be purchased at:
http://www.capitaltickets.ca/

And a bus schedule is available through
http://www.octranspo.com/

The tickets are available now, I'd act quick it is CBC's hockey day in Canada and it will sell-out, IMO.

YellHockey* 01-17-2004 06:35 PM

For tickets:
http://www.capitaltickets.ca

For the bus:
http://www.octranspo.com

For cheap hotels try:
http://www.priceline.com but check out http://www.biddingfortravel.com first.

TexSen 01-18-2004 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMeatWhistle
For tickets:
http://www.capitaltickets.ca

For the bus:
http://www.octranspo.com

For cheap hotels try:
http://www.priceline.com but check out http://www.biddingfortravel.com first.

I saw something on the Sens website yesterday that they have a new package deal where you can get a 100 level (ice level if I'm not mistaken) ticket, hotel accomodation for a night (choice of about a dozen hotels including the Chateau Laurier) and free meal (choice of about a dozen restaurants....and nice ones at that) for about $170 Canadian I think.

http://www.ottawasenators.com

HF2002 01-18-2004 07:44 AM

That's a great deal - $170.

For bus schedules, I would recommend that you head to a restaurant that has shuttle buses. It's a school bus that leaves from selected restaurants and takes you to the game and back. I've never had to pay for the ride and you're also guaranteed a seat. With the city bus it'll take forever and you aren't guaranteed a seat. Plus you can have a few pints at the restaurant before you head out to Kanata to overpay for a beer.

SensGod 01-18-2004 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HF2002
That's a great deal - $170.

For bus schedules, I would recommend that you head to a restaurant that has shuttle buses. It's a school bus that leaves from selected restaurants and takes you to the game and back. I've never had to pay for the ride and you're also guaranteed a seat. With the city bus it'll take forever and you aren't guaranteed a seat. Plus you can have a few pints at the restaurant before you head out to Kanata to overpay for a beer.

Local Hero's is one of these restaurants. I know of two...one in Kanata near Mitel and the other on Merivale and Baseline.

Murphy* 01-18-2004 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HF2002
With the city bus it'll take forever and you aren't guaranteed a seat.

That's a complete misconception. If your heading downtown or towards the east end the bus is the absolute best way to go. We tried the bus during the playoffs for the first time and were back home in about half an hour compared to spending 45 minutes just trying to get out of the parking lot then another 20 minutes on a 2 kilometer section of the queensway.

SENSfreak_03 01-18-2004 12:11 PM

connection 400 is the way to go, if your in a rush, or dont live that close to the corel centre. so the parking lot isnt that much of a pain of me, since i dont take the queensway home. however, thru the oc transpo, the connection 400 is great. before i got my g2 i used it quite a few times. i like it more then the shuttle buses from resturatns, school buses are uncomfortable, and they dont get to use the bus lane on the queensway.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.