HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Another log in the Lalime vs Prusek fire... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44713)

littleD 01-17-2004 06:23 PM

Another log in the Lalime vs Prusek fire...

Lalime - 31 games, 3 shutouts
Prusek - 15 games, 3 shutouts

Spezza 01-18-2004 12:17 AM

Your right! Lalime is clearly the starter! He's played in more games!;)

SensGod 01-18-2004 05:01 AM

Also take a look at the opponents they've played.

I'd better Bruce Garrioch's donuts that the teams that Prusek got his shutout's against were the lower rung teams like Boston and Lalime plays more games against the upper rung teams in the NHL.

V for Voodoo 01-18-2004 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod

I'd better Bruce Garrioch's donuts that the teams that Prusek got his shutout's against were the lower rung teams like Boston and Lalime plays more games against the upper rung teams in the NHL.

Are you... defending Lalime? :eek: ;)

SensGod 01-18-2004 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
Are you... defending Lalime? :eek: ;)

< Jedi Mind Trick >There is no Lalime < / Jedi Mind Trick >

TexSen 01-18-2004 07:21 AM

Quote:

< Jedi Mind Trick >There is no Lalime < / Jedi Mind Trick >

That's odd, I know Prusek is our back up goaltender, but for the life of me I can't recall who our starter is.

Must be the beer.

I'll just move along.

SensGod 01-18-2004 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexSen
That's odd, I know Prusek is our back up goaltender, but for the life of me I can't recall who our starter is.

Must be the beer.

I'll just move along.

;)

HF2002 01-18-2004 07:48 AM

Quote:

I'm not defending Boston, but they aren't a bottom rung team. They're only 4 points back of Ottawa. So good for Prusek! :)

kidchrome 01-18-2004 08:54 AM

Quote:

MY GOD!!!! He is moving into Lalime's corner???? Are the Leafs about to win a Cup??? Is the sky falling??? Hell freezing over??? :joker:

SensGod 01-18-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HF2002
I'm not defending Boston, but they aren't a bottom rung team. They're only 4 points back of Ottawa. So good for Prusek! :)

Only because of their hot start...lately...they've looked like a bottom rung team.

SensGod 01-18-2004 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidchrome
MY GOD!!!! He is moving into Lalime's corner???? Are the Leafs about to win a Cup??? Is the sky falling??? Hell freezing over??? :joker:

Oh no...not yet ;) I'm still very unimpressed with Lalime so far this season. He's been better as of late and the last game he played he looked like the Patty of old...challenging shooters, squaring up, not going down too quick. I'll be back on Patty's side if he can play like he did that game 9 out of 10 nights like he's done in the past.

kidchrome 01-18-2004 09:40 AM

Quote:

Oh no...not yet ;) I'm still very unimpressed with Lalime so far this season. He's been better as of late and the last game he played he looked like the Patty of old...challenging shooters, squaring up, not going down too quick. I'll be back on Patty's side if he can play like he did that game 9 out of 10 nights like he's done in the past.

well that's great news...he needs the support!!!!! I'm not giving up on the guy.......until Prusek=Hasek that is!!!! :D

TexSen 01-18-2004 04:33 PM

Anybody else notice how fundamentally sound Prusek's game was against the Bruins?

For all the talk from the "experts" on his so-called "unorthodox" positioning, he sure looked like he was covering all the angles well and staying upright when he needed to and dropping when required.

Good for Martin!

HF2002 01-18-2004 05:22 PM

Quote:

Only because of their hot start...lately...they've looked like a bottom rung team.

Heading in to last night's game, the Bruins hadn't lost since Dec 30th.

Overall, in the last 10 games they are 7-2-1. Not only that but in this time frame they've beaten Detroit 2x(1by SO) and they've also beaten Toronto.

Again, I'm not trying to defend Boston but rather emphsize that Prusek got a SO against a good team.