HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Philly's Pain, Habs Gain? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44719)

BJCOLLINS 01-17-2004 06:47 PM

Philly's Pain, Habs Gain?

Can anyone confirm with a link that in the game vs The Laffs they lost both
D-men Eric Weinrich & Eric Desjardins....Sucks to be Philly

I just caught that both suffered broken arms....yuck

Mathletic 01-17-2004 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS

Desjardins has a broken arm ... heard it on the score and saw this on couple of web sites

#44_delivers 01-17-2004 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS

i know desjardins is lost with a broken arm
i never knew about wienrich

sandman08 01-17-2004 07:34 PM

desjardin can thank mr. jeremy roenick for his arm

and on the topic if JR.. in the interview on CBC before the game he said something along the lines of the players are also just as to blame as the refs nowadays because of their lack of respect for one another, yet he was going out to take sundin's head off and would have had he not hit desjardin so isnt that kinda hypocritical?

#44_delivers 01-17-2004 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman08
desjardin can thank mr. jeremy roenick for his arm

and on the topic if JR.. in the interview on CBC before the game he said something along the lines of the players are also just as to blame as the refs nowadays because of their lack of respect for one another, yet he was going out to take sundin's head off and would have had he not hit desjardin so isnt that kinda hypocritical?

haha it sure is, JR's a monkey i hope we cream'em on tuesday.

goalchenyuk 01-18-2004 06:20 AM

will be out six to eight weeks.
Could be a good time to trade one of our defenseman. How about MArkov + draft choice for Gagne.
Gagne Koivu Ryder
Zednik Ribeiro Dagenais
Bulis Begin Ward
Sundstrom Juneau Langdon

or may be Brisebois for Handzus...?

Mathletic 01-18-2004 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
Could be a good time to trade one of our defenseman. How about MArkov + draft choice for Gagne.
Gagne Koivu Ryder
Zednik Ribeiro Dagenais
Bulis Begin Ward
Sundstrom Juneau Langdon

Gagné is too often injured, and not big enough ... but I wouldn't mind seeing him with the Habs

Boutmania 01-18-2004 06:54 AM

Philadelphia can afford Rivet salary...Rivet + 2nd for Handsus. Is it realistic?

tipping point 01-18-2004 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boutmania
Philadelphia can afford Rivet salary...Rivet + 2nd for Handsus. Is it realistic?

Seeing Primeau is most likely gone at the end of the current season, I can't see Philly parting with Handzus (He'll be a ideal third line center for them next year), specially not for a struggling and expensive d-man.

Maybe Handzus + for Markov ?

Mats NAslund 01-18-2004 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
Gagne Koivu Ryder
Zednik Ribeiro Dagenais
Bulis Begin Ward
Sundstrom Juneau Langdon

Giving up Markov is too much for Gagne, I don't know why Gagne is touted so highly by Montreal fans and Markov is looked down upon? I would like to acquire Hadzus but not at the expense of Markov! Seeing how Clarke is now lacking a offensive and a Physical D-man, If I were Bob Gainey I'd offer up Brisebois and a 2nd or Rivet and 2nd for Handzus. If this deal is not possible I'd try to acquire Primeau but only if he came fairly cheap seing how Montreal would most likely loose him to free agency next year! Perrault a 4th rounder and Brisebois for Primeau and a 2nd

BigM1ke 01-18-2004 08:43 AM

Gagné has 1 goal in near 20 games.. He's not God. He's overrated alot here.

chicpea* 01-18-2004 09:40 AM

To be honest, I can't see Clark parting with Gagne anyway. The guy has tonnes of upside when he's in shape. More realistically, Clark would be willing to let Kapanen go. He's down the depth charts ATM and is not really contributing that much for a guy who was on fire a few years ago and is still young. I'm not sure we need another soft player though...

goalchenyuk 01-18-2004 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tipping point
Seeing Primeau is most likely gone at the end of the current season, I can't see Philly parting with Handzus (He'll be a ideal third line center for them next year), specially not for a struggling and expensive d-man.

Maybe Handzus + for Markov ?

done ! i am going to talk about it to Gainey ,tomorrow at the brunch....:D