HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Synergy Gaborik ST Sticks?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=447606)

FLYLine24 11-27-2007 08:26 PM

Synergy Gaborik ST Sticks??

So i just found out Easton is no longer making the Gaborik curve anymore which is terrible news since ive been using that curve for years and I dont want to change. Plus there is no curves anywhere near like his on the market.

Anyone know where I can buy some online? Hopefully buy the last few some store/site still have left that they haven't sold?

I've check some local stores around here and they all recently just ran out.

I'm on my final Gaborik stick...:cry: (and its a warranty replacement).

Thanks

Nosebleed Section 11-27-2007 08:27 PM

Well with bauer I know you can custom make your curve so you could try and design something like it.

Jarick 11-27-2007 09:11 PM

Can't do custom curves through Bauer, you can select from a number of non-retail curves. But I don't think there are any "hooks." And with no more Coffey curve, it'll be tough to find something.

Christian Hockey (Harrow Sports) does custom wood blades though.

CN7hockey 11-27-2007 09:48 PM

i will ask my son to check around our area. i remember seeing a Gaborik curve recently when my son was drooling over the new selection of sticks at the beginning of the season. it's definitely a unique blade.

CN7hockey

sc37 11-27-2007 10:24 PM

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/easton-hksynergystsr.html

I know they've got some in the Stealths too as well as the STs I linked.

McNasty 11-27-2007 10:50 PM

The Smyth curve of warrior is the same curve just the face isn't open, I see Gaborik's all the time. I used to use it myself but other then the insane wrister it made a lot of things a bigger pain in the ass.

Missionhockey 11-28-2007 02:03 AM

I hear its pretty hard to saucer a pass with that curve. I try to keep my blades as flat as possible anyway.

stick9 11-28-2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McNasty (Post 11381425)
The Smyth curve of warrior is the same curve just the face isn't open, I see Gaborik's all the time. I used to use it myself but other then the insane wrister it made a lot of things a bigger pain in the ass.

I was going to suggest the Smyth as well. I think it's a bit more of a toe curve then a Gabby, but very close.

The CCM Thornton might be an option, or the TPS Afinogenov. Both of which are nasty mid curves. The Warrior Draper isn't as deep but has a nice open toe. Might be worth a look.

FLYLine24 11-29-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McNasty (Post 11381425)

Surprising, I play defense. While I do use my wrist shot more then a slap shot, my best quality is stick handling. I deke anyone pretty much using that curve. We don't have practices in adult leagues and the last thing I want to do is learn with a different style.

bleedgreen 11-29-2007 05:04 PM

the smyth is a MUCH lower lie than the gaborik, so it would be an adjustment. if your willing to lower your lie i would also suggest the bergeron/amonte rbk pattern, or the aforementioned afinegenov. if you want to keep a similar lie i would say the closest may be the rbk datsyuk, or ccm thorton. the warrior draper is the same as the sakic.

The Tikkanen 11-30-2007 12:21 AM

If you're a lefty the Gaborik stick is available on the internet, just google Gaborik LH. If you're a righty like me who got used to the Gaborik curve good luck. I just got 1 from a guy on Ebay in Michigan who had 5 of them. Other than that I haven't been able to find any. I have the Smyth Warrior and don't like it and I have the Bergeron RBK and like that a little better. Like somebody else said I'm a stick handler and a wrist shot guy so the Gaborik was perfect, dissapointed his curve won't be on the S-17's.

McNasty 11-30-2007 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 11397879)
Surprising, I play defense. While I do use my wrist shot more then a slap shot, my best quality is stick handling. I deke anyone pretty much using that curve. We don't have practices in adult leagues and the last thing I want to do is learn with a different style.

See i'm a stickhandler as well and I just didn't like it, loved the wrister it gave me, but my slapshot soared high and Idk if it was the lie the curve or the face but I just didn't feel comfortable, it's all preference. I love my Lindros though, its pretty much a generic curve but it's what i'm used to.

FLYLine24 02-14-2008 12:26 AM

Found 10 Gaborik, 100 Flex, Left handed sticks on Ebay..bought them for just under 1400 with shipping.... (saved about $400 if I were to buy them in the store near me)

I no longer have to worry about sticks for about 10 years :D (Total of 12 Gaborik sticks waiting to be used after my current one breaks)

lotus 02-14-2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 12507818)
Found 10 Gaborik, 100 Flex, Left handed sticks on Ebay..bought them for just under 1400 with shipping.... (saved about $400 if I were to buy them in the store near me)

I no longer have to worry about sticks for about 10 years :D (Total of 12 Gaborik sticks waiting to be used after my current one breaks)

hahaha you're nutz ! But gratz on finding a stick/curve you love. That curve must lead to some wicked shots.

I'm currently having fun with my new pro stock Michalek / Hecht blades.

http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ekrightey4.jpg

Diamond Joe 02-14-2008 05:08 AM

I find it interesting that the Smyth curve is somewhat similar to a Gaborik, I know pro stock differs from the retail, but on the ice Smyth curve is almost (if not) straight.

91 02-14-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Hahahah talk about buying bulk! congrats on getting the sticks, I know that if they were to stop making Lidstrom curves I would be in the same boat as you. Gotta stick with the curve you love!

Heat McManus 02-14-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond Joe (Post 12509026)
I find it interesting that the Smyth curve is somewhat similar to a Gaborik, I know pro stock differs from the retail, but on the ice Smyth curve is almost (if not) straight.

Same thing with Crosby. Sid's stick is basically straight.

Hugh Madbrough 02-14-2008 02:57 PM

I am also hooked on the gaborik banana blade. I'm RH and I have not been able to find one or anything like it. I've look at Smyth's and they didn't look that close to me. I may just start buying wood blades and curving them myself.

Harv 02-14-2008 02:59 PM

$1400 worth of sticks just for an adult league?

Your money. :yo:

BigDaddy 02-14-2008 11:05 PM

The difference between pro stock and retail is night and day. Ovechkin has a crazy toe curve but his retail is a heel curve.

Brodeur 02-20-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

And if you run out of those, I have an LH 100 flex SL-Grip Gaborik that I've only gotten to use like five times sitting in the garage.....

I'm also saddened that Easton discontinued the Yzerman/Gaborik curve. I had been a Modano/Forsberg user for awhile but went back to the banana curve recently.

spoardy 02-25-2008 02:09 PM

Hy,

and i've you broke the 10 new sticks ( ;) ), here are two companys which do a custom-stick for anybody:

http://www.busch-hockey.com/ and http://www.miasports.com/Customizer_inferno.html

greetz

FLYLine24 02-26-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoardy (Post 12719027)
Hy,

and i've you broke the 10 new sticks ( ;) ), here are two companys which do a custom-stick for anybody:

http://www.busch-hockey.com/ and http://www.miasports.com/Customizer_inferno.html

greetz

Not sure what you said..but i'm still on my first Gaborik from before I bought the other sticks...they last me about 6-8 months (sometimes much sooner or longer though).

Im not looking for anymore sticks for a good 5 years at the least whicih i think is very good since i play 2-3 times a week.

The Tikkanen 02-26-2008 01:47 AM

Are you going to be sad if Easton starts making his curve again?

spoardy 02-26-2008 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 12739024)
Not sure what you said..but i'm still on my first Gaborik from before I bought the other sticks...they last me about 6-8 months (sometimes much sooner or longer though).

Im not looking for anymore sticks for a good 5 years at the least whicih i think is very good since i play 2-3 times a week.

well, i've play most of my life with the titan-curve 30... i just make a square toe, but didn't change the curve... after the curve wasn't longer available, i've made some custom-sticks with my beloved curve... ;) and if the time comes and your sticks are gone, that's maybe a alternative to change the curve...

greetz