HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Are any of these players available????? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44876)

Grady41 01-18-2004 01:47 PM

Are any of these players available?????
 
Instead Of rebuilding LA should try to upgrade an addition of a top six foward or a top 4 d man might help us win a couple of these games

Are any of these players available what do you think it would take to get them

Eric Lindros
Anson Carter
Jason Arnott
Jason Blake
Martin Gelinas
Dallas Drake
Todd White

Hal Gill
Stephane Quintal
Craig Rivet
Filip Kuba
Tom Poti

icarus 01-18-2004 01:48 PM

Martin Gelinas has a no-trade clause.

thestonedkoala 01-18-2004 01:49 PM

What would you give for Kuba? He can be as soft as a pillow or as hard as rock, depends on his mood. His shot is also way, way off.

Fedz 01-18-2004 01:50 PM

Eric Lindros- Probably Not.
Anson Carter- Yes.
Jason Arnott- Probably Not.
Jason Blake- Possible, but I doubt it.
Martin Gelinas- No.
Dallas Drake- Possibly.
Todd White- No.

Hal Gill - Dont know. :dunno:
Stephane QuintalPossibly.
Craig Rivet- Possibly.
Filip Kuba- Possibly.
Tom Poti- Yes.

Duff88 01-18-2004 01:59 PM

Rivet can be available for a 3rd round pick
Q can be available for a 6th round pick but I'd rather see him stay in MTL.

dats-13 01-18-2004 03:11 PM

Lindros is probabley available for the right price...

Munchausen 01-18-2004 03:35 PM

I'd do Rivet for Laperriere and a low pick, but I guess that's just me.

Pinto 01-18-2004 03:38 PM

how much for Lindros?

Team_Spirit 01-18-2004 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff88
Rivet can be available for a 3rd round pick

I don't think he's available for a 3rd pick ... in fact i think Gainey will move him only for the right price .

Traitor8 01-18-2004 03:43 PM

Rivet wouldn't be traded for a 3rd round pick!
you crazy???
He is our #4 Defensema, We can't just let him go.

Ice Cream Man 01-18-2004 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
I don't think he's available for a 3rd pick ... in fact i think Gainey will move him only for the right price .

Which is, in fact, a 3rd round pick. That seems about on target.

With his salary, you'd be lucky to get anyhting more than that.

Traitor8 01-18-2004 03:50 PM

It's called he is playing well right now, Saku's his best friend(Reechi and Savage close) and he is a leader, getting into his prime.

Darth Milbury 01-18-2004 04:02 PM

With regard to Jason Blake: I'm sure the Isles don't want to trade him, and I can't see any reason they would. He doesn't make much, is highly productive, and won't return a lot in a trade. Having him is a big plus, and dealing him probably wouldn't return equal value. But, if some team were to make it worth the Isles time (i.e., give us something we really want), then it could certainly happen.

Skroob* 01-18-2004 04:21 PM

personally, i would try to move Carter, listen to offers for Porta(Poti), and hold Lindros.


Carter just cant find his goove here (kinda like Hlavac), and could return something of value.

Porta i just cant stand. not only does he suck on D, but he cost us Mike York. Dumbass sather.

Lindros has been great, and is doing everything right. Best hes been as a ranger, with possible exception of the time of the FLY line. Also, as a upcoming UFA with a histoy, i dont think hed return that much. However, his parents and personality have been a non-issue (leading many to think it was all Booby Clarke the whole time), and his injuries havent been an issue either.

I would ask in return picks/procpects, or a good stay-at-home D-man. What NY needs is a Buke II.

Ice Cream Man 01-18-2004 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
It's called he is playing well right now, Saku's his best friend(Reechi and Savage close) and he is a leader, getting into his prime.

I never knew that knowing Koivu raised a player's value.

Maybe the Rangers should try to go after him and put his locker next to Holik's....

barrytrotzsneck 01-18-2004 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Rivet wouldn't be traded for a 3rd round pick!
you crazy???
He is our #4 Defensema, We can't just let him go.


trust me, as someone who watched karlis skrastins dealt for a third round pick(and i think Skratch is considerably better than Rivet) anything can happen.

Psycho Papa Joe 01-18-2004 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man
I never knew that knowing Koivu raised a player's value.

Maybe the Rangers should try to go after him and put his locker next to Holik's....

It doesn't raise his market value, but it certainly makes it more difficult for Gainey, since dealing Rivet will upset his leader. In order for Gainey to upset his leader, he had better make a very good deal. Otherwise it wouldn't be worthwhile.

King of Stankonia 01-18-2004 07:01 PM

I don't know if Drake is that available. He's been one of the best Blues all season long (when he's been in the line-up). He's an excellent 3rd-liner that will probably stick around if Pleau finally finds a winger for Weight, perhaps even on that line. This guy's a warrior through and through.

Grady41 01-18-2004 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duff88
Rivet can be available for a 3rd round pick
Q can be available for a 6th round pick but I'd rather see him stay in MTL.

Are either UFA after this season?

I would do either

I'd prefer Quintal I'm pretty sure we have all of our pick except our 2nd so

Kings: Quintal
Montreal a 4th

Similar to when the Atlanta Thrashers traded Richard Smehlik and a conditional draft selection in 2004 for a 4th round selection in 2003.

or like another poster said Lappy and a mid round pick for Rivet

Grady41 01-18-2004 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
What would you give for Kuba? He can be as soft as a pillow or as hard as rock, depends on his mood. His shot is also way, way off.

Likely the same deals I just offered for Montreal D-men

thestonedkoala 01-18-2004 07:46 PM

No deal then, Kuba is a good defensemen for the Wild and I know his value would be around a 4th rounder but if there wasn't a great deal, I don't think the Wild move him simply because they have no replacement for him.

Hockeyfan02 01-18-2004 07:55 PM

If I were the Isles, Blake would not be on the block and I would keep him for a long time The guy is a solid player whos awesome wheels, has pretty good hands, and is awesome on both ends of the ice.

Grady41 01-18-2004 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skroob
personally, i would try to move Carter, listen to offers for Porta(Poti), and hold Lindros.


Carter just cant find his goove here (kinda like Hlavac), and could return something of value.

Porta i just cant stand. not only does he suck on D, but he cost us Mike York. Dumbass sather.

Lindros has been great, and is doing everything right. Best hes been as a ranger, with possible exception of the time of the FLY line. Also, as a upcoming UFA with a histoy, i dont think hed return that much. However, his parents and personality have been a non-issue (leading many to think it was all Booby Clarke the whole time), and his injuries havent been an issue either.

I would ask in return picks/procpects, or a good stay-at-home D-man. What NY needs is a Buke II.

If Carter could be had now for picks and prospects I would want the Kings to jump all over that

maybe something like a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year the only propects that I can think of that might be availible is Noah Clarke, Richard Seeley,and Joe Rullier
Noah is a foward and Richard and Joe are Dmen

Maybe 1 of the above prospects and a 7th with a 4th or a 3rd next year

Fair, unfair how do you feel about it?

Grady41 01-18-2004 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
No deal then, Kuba is a good defensemen for the Wild and I know his value would be around a 4th rounder but if there wasn't a great deal, I don't think the Wild move him simply because they have no replacement for him.

Its okay right now the kings would be a 8th seed in the playoffs just trying to keep them in maybe move them up a little so I can't really offer much. Not that anything I do here effect what DT does since I'm just a fan.

Kuba a lot like Modry

Ajacied 01-18-2004 09:21 PM

Arnott available?

I'd like to think he isn't, but if you had to believe the likes of Brooks and Garrioch, the Stars couldn't waite to waive him. Anyway, while I think he should definitely be a keeper, it does makes sense. The Stars have 3 top 6 centers and neither of them can play the wing, in fact, they all suck when doing so. While Modano was out 6 or 7 games last week, it gave management a good indication of who's better between Turgeon and Arnott, as Turgeon would finally be able to play center with some quality wingers. Frankly, Arnott didn't even play that bad, but Turgeon was downright a superior player down the middle and has proven himself to be the exact same player as he was before he signed with the Stars. Considering that Turgeon would also be very hard to move due to his NTC and fat contract, it makes Arnott the most expendable. So all in all, it has some sense to it, but when you consider the fact that Turgeon (33/34) and Modano (33) are around the same age, it would leave a massive hole a few years from now, when both decide to hang them up. Jason Arnott (28/29) would be the insurance and answer for those exact same reasons, I think, the reason why he was aquired in the first place.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.