HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Is it just me..... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=44880)

chicpea* 01-18-2004 01:06 PM

Is it just me.....

or are these people more ridiculous than I thought (linky ). I'm assuming you all knew about this, but I never venture too close to that place.

BLONG7 01-18-2004 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicpea
or are these people more ridiculous than I thought (linky ). I'm assuming you all knew about this, but I never venture too close to that place.

What a gang :shakehead

All-Star 01-18-2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicpea

I always knew those Leafs fans were a bit odd. They should try doing something a bit more civilized like Pretzel worshiping. ;)

Marc the Habs Fan 01-18-2004 05:23 PM

Can you blame them

If your team hadn't won anything in 36 years you'd be a little wacky as well. :p :joker:

#44_delivers 01-18-2004 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star
I always knew those Leafs fans were a bit odd. They should try doing something a bit more civilized like Pretzel worshiping. ;)

what are you guyz talking about??? do tell

chicpea* 01-18-2004 05:26 PM

Quote:

There are incapable of so sublime an act of worship, as we all know.

ShootOut 01-18-2004 05:31 PM

It has already been done in the past...

It's thee, my brave knights, that are incredibly lazy and vulnerable. Less than a year ago, a crusade was undertaken to teach Bruins' fans a lesson, and to establish this forum as the most valuable and remarkable of all; admittedly, the response was far from overwhelming. A great opportunity was missed, and each week, each day, each minute of inactivity brings us closer to the moment when our supremacy will be openly disputed and defied. We're kinda like the British Empire at its height, yet showing signs of an irremediable decline; endless debates about the loss of value of Marcel Hossa don't make a board strong, just as giving the masses more priviledges (an universal education system, can you believe that?) don't contribute to keep an empire viable.

We have the masterful leader, we have the brilliant generals, we have the clever, almost invincible warriors; but we have yet to gain the determination that can bring this forum to new heights. Don't ask what the forum can do for you, but what you can do for this forum. Or against the Bruins' or the Leafs' ones, which amounts to the same thing.

My brave knights, I ask thee, will we accept to bow down to the bWo because of a lack of organization?

All-Star 01-19-2004 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
what are you guyz talking about??? do tell

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=34287

#44_delivers 01-19-2004 01:14 AM

Quote:

thats frig'n hilarious :]

mcphee 01-19-2004 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootOut
It's thee, my brave knights, that are incredibly lazy and vulnerable. Less than a year ago, a crusade was undertaken to teach Bruins' fans a lesson, and to establish this forum as the most valuable and remarkable of all; admittedly, the response was far from overwhelming. A great opportunity was missed, and each week, each day, each minute of inactivity brings us closer to the moment when our supremacy will be openly disputed and defied. We're kinda like the British Empire at its height, yet showing signs of an irremediable decline; endless debates about the loss of value of Marcel Hossa don't make a board strong, just as giving the masses more priviledges (an universal education system, can you believe that?) don't contribute to keep an empire viable.

We have the masterful leader, we have the brilliant generals, we have the clever, almost invincible warriors; but we have yet to gain the determination that can bring this forum to new heights. Don't ask what the forum can do for you, but what you can do for this forum. Or against the Bruins' or the Leafs' ones, which amounts to the same thing.

My brave knights, I ask thee, will we accept to bow down to the bWo because of a lack of organization?

Well said, Aragorn. I like you, but I fear you. Who are these clever warriors you refer to ? We have 1 arrow in our quiver that the bwo lacks. wit.

Darz 01-19-2004 04:14 AM

O.K., I didn't quite read the whole thread but it sounds like something is up, and I want in.

Are we burning down the ACC????

Painting '1967' on Mats Sundin's SUV????

Hanging a 'Leafs Suck' flag off the top of the CN Tower????

Regardless of what it is, count me in.

danboulie 01-19-2004 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
O.K., I didn't quite read the whole thread but it sounds like something is up, and I want in.

Are we burning down the ACC????

Painting '1967' on Mats Sundin's SUV????

Hanging a 'Leafs Suck' flag off the top of the CN Tower????

Regardless of what it is, count me in.

Well we were just going to plan another strike on the Toronto and Boston Boards, but maybe doing what you suggested would have a longer lasting effect.

Darz 01-19-2004 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphotic
Well we were just going to plan another strike on the Toronto and Boston Boards, but maybe doing what you suggested would have a longer lasting effect.

Ya, gotta go big or stay home...

-maybe we could reroute Sundin's weekly supply of Chunky soup. That would screw him up.

-or fill out a bunch of change of address forms for Belfour, Roberts, Nieuwendyk, Fitagerald, and Marchment, and when those guys don't get their social security checks, well.......

-or stash Darcy Tucker's collection of Shayne Corson in drag photos. He won't be able to play knowing someone has his collection.

JOHNNY V 01-19-2004 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphotic

I''ll save you from making a fool of yourself, I stole all your VACHON CAKEs and now I'am coming for the sacred pretzle.SHOOTOUT my great KNIGHT, I'am coming to kidnap you and make you a Bruins Fan.

VIVA LA PATS :joker: :p

ShootOut 01-19-2004 10:09 PM

Chaaaaaaaarrrrrge!!!!!!

While Darz's suggestions are without a doubt inspired by very good motives, they are far from being sufficient measures, in my somewhat humble opinion. The coherence of the organizations already in place on the Leafs' and the Flyers' forums, as well as the high number of members posting on other boards, such as the Oilers' or the Teddy Bears' forums, should be enough evidence to convince us that partial and occasional solutions are simply not appropriate at this point; something more drastic, a decisive action, shall I say, is to be taken, as soon as possible, with as much manpower as we can assemble.

In a not so distant past, a Crusade has been undertaken to rid this innocent board from the disruptive influence of the primitive clowns -- also known, but now exceptionally, as Bruins' fans -- that corrupted it. While the operation itself was a success, it didn't met the expectations of its initiator; the lack of opposition received from the aforementionned simple-minded troublemakers -- Bruins' fans -- which are already too decadent to defend themselves adequately, the slowing enthousiasm of our own troops, caused mostly by a noble but unjustified feeling a pity, and, ultimately, the crashing of the boards were all events that harmed the final results. Just like for Charlemagne's empire, however, every new year brings a new military operation for this board, and I see that it is damn time we undertake something, would have said Churchill if he had come across the boards (only Lady Astor knew how much Sir Winston loathed the Leafs). If an enthousiastic response is shown, then I'll take one more time the command of our efforts, and shall lead, with luck, wit and courage (but, mostly, patience, for our enemies are just asking for possibilities to commit stupid mistakes, like Milbury, for example, but I digress), this promising group of posters to glory.

(Firm voice:) Who's with me?

chicpea* 01-19-2004 10:31 PM

well, seeing as I had the misfortune to stumble upon BWO, I am in. I won't post my strategy here however hehe... :eek:

Gros Bill 01-20-2004 08:10 AM

The man said : "Don't follow leaders", so I'm not so sure. Maybe we could just start by haughtily ignoring the cretinous degenerates who generally inhabit those "other" boards.

Darz 01-20-2004 08:40 AM

Quote:

(Firm voice:) Who's with me?

Although I have no idea what you have in mind....COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!

ShootOut 01-20-2004 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill
The man said : "Don't follow leaders", so I'm not so sure. Maybe we could just start by haughtily ignoring the cretinous degenerates who generally inhabit those "other" boards.

He said that because he was drunk, actually...

Gros Bill 01-20-2004 09:44 AM

Quote:

He said that because he was drunk, actually...

In that case, the next line makes more sense. :rolly:

BTW, can anyone tell me how to post a pic. I have something that might fit with your "intervention".

ShootOut 01-20-2004 09:49 PM

"Since no one has thought of anything great for this board, it is my duty to do so."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill
In that case, the next line makes more sense. :rolly:

BTW, can anyone tell me how to post a pic. I have something that might fit with your "intervention".

It's the postal card just over the post. Either that, or you post the link, which has the advantage of me seeing by the title of the website if it's really something I need to see. :)

Talking of my intervention, I'd have to establish some kind of plan. Organizing an offensive organization on the Internet is as hard as it looks as first glance, if one ever asks.