HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Did I miss it? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=449277)

the_speedster 12-02-2007 03:04 AM

Did I miss it?

I'm referring to the post where all the insipid ungrateful supposed pred fans who came on here and talked so much trash about Paul kariya's supposed dispenabilty to the preds. It was all good when the team had its profile raised thanks to PK's willingness to come there. It just irked me a bit how quckly the fair weathered uneducated wanna be fan started popping up here tallking about cutting kariya lose like the pred's had suddenly become the canadiens of the 70's. How amazingly funny that Paul's taken his magic to St louis while all the fair weather "fans" have suddenly stopped posting... interesting

predfan24 12-02-2007 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_speedster (Post 11441889)
I'm referring to the post where all the insipid ungrateful supposed pred fans who came on here and talked so much trash about Paul kariya's supposed dispenabilty to the preds. It was all good when the team had its profile raised thanks to PK's willingness to come there. It just irked me a bit how quckly the fair weathered uneducated wanna be fan started popping up here tallking about cutting kariya lose like the pred's had suddenly become the canadiens of the 70's. How amazingly funny that Paul's taken his magic to St louis while all the fair weather "fans" have suddenly stopped posting... interesting

What!!!!?????? Paul is a good player but he doesn't have the "magic" that he used to have. personally I'm glad Paul is gone because it has made us change our identiyy. No one sits around and waits for him and the forsbergs and the sullivans of the world to make something happen. Last years team wouldve folded like a tent tonight after being down 4 to 1. I like paul and I know alot of preds fans do but he didnt play like a 6 million dollar player here. I for one however don't hold resentment towards him an can't blame the guy for wanting to get his money one more good time before he really starts to hit the downside of his career.

golfmade 12-02-2007 03:23 AM

Please show me a post where anyone said we are like the Canadiens of the 70s.

I can't and don't speak for others but I appreciated Kariya going to Nashville to play. He brought more attention and interest to the city for sure. I don't necessarily miss having him on the team however, his style of play doesn't mesh well with how Trotz coaches and how we play and win games.

nine_inch_fang 12-02-2007 03:46 AM

You didn't miss anything...People that talk poorly of PK did so while he was a Pred. The only thing missing is a point to your drunken rambling.

Peace efstick
9"F

Jarnberg 12-02-2007 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_speedster (Post 11441889)

What?

RollingPredFan 12-02-2007 08:06 AM

Uhh ok haha

Seriously I wasnt sad when Kariya left. The guy was completely invisible last year when we needed him the most. Now when he came to Nashville I didnt think people should have booed him mind you, it wasn't his fault we had an owner trying to dump all the salary he could... But really I think we are better off now, this team may not be as talented but I love the grit and determination of these guys :)

triggrman 12-02-2007 08:15 AM

This guy is talking about band waggon fans? Where has he been the last 2 years?

Enoch 12-02-2007 09:17 AM

Closed. Go somewhere else if you want to start a troll fest.