HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   columbus lookin to deal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=45002)

Artyukhin* 01-19-2004 04:47 AM

columbus lookin to deal

hey i cant see us tradin with anyone except columbus in our divison really ...im mean the in the overchiek cup race right...well its rumoured that Luke Richardson, Scott Lachance, Andrew Cassels, Geoff Sanderson and Tyler Wright have been mentioned as potential trade candidates.we have any intrest there ?i mean none of them have had really goood seasons this year maybe a change on a playoff contending team would do some good? columbus is probally lookin to cut salary after addin 12 million to the pay roll and really stinkin it up...bob mentioned future considerations ..could any of these players be had for future consideration?
boston rumoured to possibility of buy out rob zamanuar..?worth a gamble? yes /no? or is he to far over the hill..i think bob is lookin for verterns with play off experience
like i say i cant see us tradin with anyone else in our divison except columbus...and there is also the rumblins that yup...arnott is be shopped
according to the NEWYORK POST

- The Dallas Stars are trying to find takers for centre Jason Arnott and defencemen Richard Matvichuk and Sergei Zubov.

Spector's Note: Arnott is a possibility but I don't see the Stars moving either defenceman as long as they're still in the hunt for a playoff berth. Even then, I doubt they'd part with Zubov, who's their best offensive blueliner

raise yur hand if yu would like to see arnott or matvichuk with the habs? :yo:
i gotta agree the stars have really started to play better so i think we can forget about matvichuk...

Darz 01-19-2004 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
hey i cant see us tradin with anyone except columbus in our divison really ...im mean the in the overchiek cup race right...well its rumoured that Luke Richardson, Scott Lachance, Andrew Cassels, Geoff Sanderson and Tyler Wright ...

Can't see Mtl being interested in any of these guys. Cassels would be a downgrade over who we have on the top two lines, Lachance would be a 7th dman at best, Richardson is a Quintal downgrade, Sanderson is quite the mystery. Good one year, aweful the next. His 8 goals in 44 games this year makes me think 'No Thanks', and Tyler Wright looks like he has lost a step versus last year.

Quote:

- The Dallas Stars are trying to find takers for centre Jason Arnott and defencemen Richard Matvichuk and Sergei Zubov.

Spector's Note: Arnott is a possibility but I don't see the Stars moving either defenceman as long as they're still in the hunt for a playoff berth. Even then, I doubt they'd part with Zubov, who's their best offensive blueliner

i gotta agree the stars have really started to play better so i think we can forget about matvichuk...

This type of trade would have to be considered a major trade and I assume Dallas would want either a big chuck of our future or a good bunch of our present younger players. Too risky in my book. No thanks.

Dragon 01-19-2004 05:17 AM

[QUOTE=doug mckenzie]
[QUOTE]

:yo:

Subban Fan 01-19-2004 05:54 AM

Tyler Wright is a right handed center...who knows!!!

Cloudigger 01-19-2004 05:59 AM

I would like Sanderson on a good year .. tho he is not what we need really...

L4br3cqu3 01-19-2004 06:31 AM

Tyler Wright has always been a player I wanted in a Habs uniform. He's not really talented with the puck, but he's a tenacious pest, a bit like Begin I think, and a leader. He's, again like Begin, not overly big, at 6' 190lbs, but we never have too much grit. I wouldn't mind seeing as 3rd line : Begin - Wright - Ward or as 4th line : Langdon - Begin or Wright - Wright or Ward.

Btw, he's having trouble this year, is a right-handed center who can play RW, and could possibly be had for future considerations. A change of scenery can help sometimes, and just the thought of a line with Begin - Wright - Ward hitting everything that moves while forechecking efficiently would be fun to watch.

Just speculations, of course...

All-Star 01-19-2004 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurCHAOS
Tyler Wright has always been a player I wanted in a Habs uniform. He's not really talented with the puck, but he's a tenacious pest, a bit like Begin I think, and a leader. He's, again like Begin, not overly big, at 6' 190lbs, but we never have too much grit. I wouldn't mind seeing as 3rd line : Begin - Wright - Ward or as 4th line : Langdon - Begin or Wright - Wright or Ward.

Btw, he's having trouble this year, is a right-handed center who can play RW, and could possibly be had for future considerations. A change of scenery can help sometimes, and just the thought of a line with Begin - Wright - Ward hitting everything that moves while forechecking efficiently would be fun to watch.

Just speculations, of course...

What is Wright's contract status? Is he a UFA? How old is he? Is he slowing down? Does he have a history of being injured? Can he be counted on for any sort of scoring?

Artyukhin* 01-19-2004 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star
What is Wright's contract status? Is he a UFA? How old is he? Is he slowing down? Does he have a history of being injured? Can he be counted on for any sort of scoring?

=====================
yes he is an ufa at yaers end...follow the link..
the low down on wright...i was crusin the columbus boards and the think pretty highly of him he is a right handed centre and he's a 3 rd liner at best...
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_b...ht&hubName=CBJ

All-Star 01-19-2004 07:24 AM

Quote:

=====================
yes he is an ufa at yaers end...follow the link..
the low down on wright...i was crusin the columbus boards and the think pretty highly of him he is a right handed centre and he's a 3 rd liner at best...
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_b...ht&hubName=CBJ

Thanks for the link...

If he can be had for futures I'd love to get him, but you'd have to wonder why Columbus would want to get rid of him...