HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Long Island - Montreal Proposal. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=45108)

not quite yoda 01-19-2004 04:41 PM

Long Island - Montreal Proposal.
 
Long Island gets the PP QB they have been looking for, a prospect with 2nd line potential and a pick. Montreal gets the gritty, right handed center they have been looking for.

Markov, Plekanec and a 2nd round pick

FOR

Peca

Kvashinator12 01-19-2004 04:44 PM

Well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
Long Island gets the PP QB they have been looking for, a prospect with 2nd line potential and a pick. Montreal gets the gritty, right handed center they have been looking for.

Markov, Plekanec and a 2nd round pick

FOR

Peca


as for the PP quarterback part...i guess Hamrlik, aucoin, niinimaa and jonsson don't fit that bill...How about

Peca and Niinimaa

for

Zednik and Komisarek or Souray

Darth Milbury 01-19-2004 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
Long Island gets the PP QB they have been looking for, a prospect with 2nd line potential and a pick. Montreal gets the gritty, right handed center they have been looking for.

Markov, Plekanec and a 2nd round pick

FOR

Peca


Reasonly fair offer, but Isles don't need a Markov-type of defensemen.

The Isles PP has struggled at times this year, but they're not looking for a offensively skilled dman, with four of them currently in the top six.

Tiki 01-19-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
as for the PP quarterback part...i guess Hamrlik, aucoin, niinimaa and jonsson don't fit that bill...How about

Gotta agree with ya there. Saying the Isles need a PP QB is like saying the Detroit and Phoenix are looking to add another goalie.

The value is not too bad in the original deal, but I would pass at this point. The Isles seem set to try and fight for a playoff spot in the east right now so any deal for Peca would need to have a bigger impact on the current roster than this package.

Tiki

not quite yoda 01-19-2004 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
as for the PP quarterback part...i guess Hamrlik, aucoin, niinimaa and jonsson don't fit that bill...How about

Peca and Niinimaa

for

Zednik and Komisarek or Souray

If you're not looking for a PP QB, why do you want Souray?
Komisarek is an untouchable. You will have to ffer more than Niinimaa if you want to land Souray.

Zednick for Peca? Straight up, that isn't a fair deal for the Isles but it can be a starting point to discussions... Forget adding parts from Long Island; what else would the Isles need?

Tiki 01-19-2004 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
If you're not looking for a PP QB, why do you want Souray?
Komisarek is an untouchable. You will have to ffer more than Niinimaa if you want to land Souray.

Zednick for Peca? Straight up, that isn't a fair deal for the Isles but it can be a starting point to discussions... Forget adding parts from Long Island; what else would the Isles need?

Pass..... Zednick is a nice player, but with Yashin out moving a center for a wing is not exactly an option for the Isles right now. That would make our top two Scatchard and Kvasha for the rest of the season. Not exactly what I would like to see.

not quite yoda 01-19-2004 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiki
Pass..... Zednick is a nice player, but with Yashin out moving a center for a wing is not exactly an option for the Isles right now. That would make our top two Scatchard and Kvasha for the rest of the season. Not exactly what I would like to see.

I thought that the Isles had a bunch of young players who could play centre!? Anyways, Yashin will be back eventualy. In the meantime, you can have Perreault as a throw in. He'll score over 20 goals on a 2nd line and is the top faceoff man in the NHL.

Traitor8 01-19-2004 05:22 PM

Hell No, I wouldn't trade Markov for Peca and no I wouldn't trade Zednik for Peca!
The Habs could use a scoring winger or a CHEAP 3rd line right handed center.

not quite yoda 01-19-2004 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Hell No, I wouldn't trade Markov for Peca and no I wouldn't trade Zednik for Peca!
The Habs could use a scoring winger or a CHEAP 3rd line right handed center.

Remember... Hainsey has to break in for good pretty soon. If he reaches his potential, he can easily replace Markov.

Darth Milbury 01-19-2004 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
If you're not looking for a PP QB, why do you want Souray?
Komisarek is an untouchable. You will have to ffer more than Niinimaa if you want to land Souray.

Zednick for Peca? Straight up, that isn't a fair deal for the Isles but it can be a starting point to discussions... Forget adding parts from Long Island; what else would the Isles need?


Souray is more than a PP quarterback. This season's scoring may or may not keep up, but Souray has always been a strong physical dman. That is his real value, as far as I'm concerned.

There isn't really much basis for dicussion here. Isles probably aren't going to move Peca and Zednik and Markov are not the sort of players Isles need. Right now, we need big physical guys with grit, not finese-oriented smaller players.

Munchausen 01-19-2004 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
Remember... Hainsey has to break in for good pretty soon. If he reaches his potential, he can easily replace Markov.

The key word here is IF. This is Bob Gainey who manages the Habs. He won't trade a player based on "if's" and "maybe's".

As for your original proposal, no way the Habs would ever consider parting with Markov and Plekanec for Peca. Not worth it. Markov could provide close to 8 years of PP QBing for the Habs while Plekanec is a sure fire NHLer (2nd or 3rd liner). Peca does not cut it, and NYI and MTL sure won't be inclined to help each other in this tight playoff race. Also, NYI have 4 very good Dman capable of moving the puck and QBing the PP, most notably Aucoin and Niinimaa. They don't need Markov.

not quite yoda 01-19-2004 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
The key word here is IF. This is Bob Gainey who manages the Habs. He won't trade a player based on "if's" and "maybe's".

As for your original proposal, no way the Habs would ever consider parting with Markov and Plekanec for Peca. Not worth it. Markov could provide close to 8 years of PP QBing for the Habs while Plekanec is a sure fire NHLer (2nd or 3rd liner). Peca does not cut it, and NYI and MTL sure won't be inclined to help each other in this tight playoff race. Also, NYI have 4 very good Dman capable of moving the puck and QBing the PP, most notably Aucoin and Niinimaa. They don't need Markov.

In past posts I have red that they needed such a defenseman. I have heard that they do not need 3rd-4th liners due to already having too many youths fighting for positions. So in your opinion, what do the Isles need?

Darth Milbury 01-19-2004 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
In past posts I have red that they needed such a defenseman. I have heard that they do not need 3rd-4th liners due to already having too many youths fighting for positions. So in your opinion, what do the Isles need?

The Isles need a big strong winger who can score, and perhaps a big physical #5 dman who can skate.

But, it is a moot point, Isles and Habs are not going to make a move while they are fighting for playoff spots, and the Isles are not going to trade Peca in the near future.

Psycho Papa Joe 01-19-2004 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
... and the Isles are not going to trade Peca in the near future.

And you know this how? Or are you just assuming it.

Jeffrey 01-19-2004 05:57 PM

no way !!
i wouldn't do markov straight up for peca !!!
peca is overpaid like much of our player + we aren't that good defensively and im not already buy out with bouillon ... while hainsey is a good player but he seems too lazy .. or stupid .. you choose !!
and zednik on his game ! he's the best habs player(see playoff 2002) and 1 game this year when he got high sticked and he started crushing everybody on ice and made like 8 shots on goal in 1 period... too bad he didn't score :(

btw i dont want peca ..if we need a Right handed center will probably look for #4 center nothing more ... Gainey won't give up on our young player or any player ..especially when he's on a sub-par season(markov)
so NO !!!

Psycho Papa Joe 01-19-2004 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Sort of a silly question, no? None of us every know anything for sure and we can all only give our opinion. In this case, my opinion is informed by multiple media sources and by what I know about the team and the ownership situation. Just as a small piece of the picture is that Yashin is out, making Peca even more important to the Isles. .

Not a silly question. I was wondering if you knew something I didn't, which it appears you do. I was under the impression the Isles might be shopping Peca.

Tiki 01-19-2004 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Not a silly question. I was wondering if you knew something I didn't, which it appears you do. I was under the impression the Isles might be shopping Peca.

From all reports from the past few months, Wang has pulled his bid for the nets and is concentrating his time on the Isles and thier is talk of a possible announcement of a new arena comming sometime this year (the announcement, not the arena)

So for right now, I would say the Isles have no plans to move Peca for this season at least.

Darth Milbury 01-19-2004 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Not a silly question. I was wondering if you knew something I didn't, which it appears you do. I was under the impression the Isles might be shopping Peca.


Well, than I have to apologize for the smarty remark. Sorry, PJ.

Trottier 01-19-2004 07:00 PM

Peca won't be traded, IMO, and isn't even on the market. Here's why:

1 - When people were clamoring to move him earlier in the season, it was because he was playing a more passive game and not scoring. (The old "he has been poor for the last two months, get the bum outta here!" syndrome. :p ) Peca has been playing very solid hockey for a month+ now. He still isn't scoring but he has been a tangible asset.

2 - People (media; fans) jumped on a few misplaced misinterpreted quotes and somehow twisted that into him being a poor leader. That myth, thankfully, has subsided somewhat since - surprise! - the team started winning.

3 - He is expensive.

4 - He is terribly valuable to this team. Yashin/Kvasha/Scatchard is a respectable threesome down the middle. However, collectively, that trio is suspect defensively, moody, and slow.

hb6947 01-19-2004 07:03 PM

The Isles are constantly shopping players as long as MM is at the switch. And as far as Peca's availability, he will be moved if the right player is coming back. You heard it from his mouth 2 months ago, with Yashins salary the way it is if there is going to be a player moved for the impact the team is looking for then he's the guy.
Not me saying that, those were his words to Fox Sports. IMO Hamrlik is in the same boat, but I think that like other players on this team, MM has a thing for him. He gave up alot to get him and will probably not move him if unless he get blown away or he doesn't think they'll be able to work out a contract.

Trottier 01-19-2004 07:06 PM

Some us make the distinction between "everyone is tradable" and those who are much less likely to go. Especially since Wang has committed to building and retaining a core.

If NYI fell out of the playoff race, then all bets are off. Otherwise, Peca may be moved in a Fantasy League trade, but not by NYI. Not "in-season".

hb6947 01-19-2004 07:18 PM

I agree with you that he's expensive, but I think many over estimate "the intangibles" this player brings to the game. In the past he possesed many of those intangibles but after injuries he is a ghost of his former self. Is there value there....yes do I think he makes this team better...occasionally. Do I think the team is better served by using that money else where ...absolutly considering that by the time the prospects this team is depending on are ready will have to resign him which will probably mean a raise in pay.
I must disagree about the mis placed comments you speak of. Steve stirling on Fox Sports commented about the leadership . He said that their needed to be someone to stand up and lead this team. He also commented about there being the right way and the wrong way to get a message a across and that they there was a percption that the team taking to the way the message was being sent. I personally feel that say 's alot about his leadership qualities considering it seemed obvious the question was focusing on the question of Peca's woes.

hb6947 01-19-2004 07:20 PM

I also agree they will not move him in season but I had no idea we made the distintion of in season trade and out of season trades. I will keep that in mind for the future to avoid confussion.

Mats NAslund 01-19-2004 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
Long Island gets the PP QB they have been looking for, a prospect with 2nd line potential and a pick. Montreal gets the gritty, right handed center they have been looking for.

Markov, Plekanec and a 2nd round pick

FOR

Peca


Peca is overpaid, he's a 3rd line centerman and his trade value isn't what it used to be. NYI should hold on too him because he's more valuable then any player they will get back for him. Any team looking to acquire Peca is not going to give a 1st tier player for him like Markov, it will be prospects and picks no more no less.

Darth Milbury 01-19-2004 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
Peca is overpaid, he's a 3rd line centerman and his trade value isn't what it used to be. NYI should hold on too him because he's more valuable then any player they will get back for him. Any team looking to acquire Peca is not going to give a 1st tier player for him like Markov, it will be prospects and picks no more no less.


Markov is not a first tier player.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.