HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   12-10-07 - GDT: Wings @ Preds - The Wings are tired edition (in more ways the one) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=452252)

Joe T Choker 12-10-2007 12:29 AM

12-10-07 - GDT: Wings @ Preds - The Wings are tired edition (in more ways the one)
 
Detroit (21-6-2 - 44) @ Nashville (14-11-2 - 30)

MUST WIN

golfmade 12-10-2007 07:22 AM

It's never an understatement to say we need every point we can get, but especially ones against the Central Division let alone the Wings. Let's get a win!

FissionFire 12-10-2007 07:47 AM

Oh hell, the Wings are playing a team from the Central? So much for the winning streak.....

Jarnberg 12-10-2007 07:54 AM

The Predators cannot fall behind this game. Sure we have been good in the third period against the Wings this year, but lets not use up all our luck.

They are a difficult team to come back against. Scoring a few goals early is crucial, especially with the Wings playing last night.

Secondary scoring will be another key factor.

PredDave 12-10-2007 10:51 AM

If our Flower Play stinks tonight, we will not win....

I will be there rooting like crazy for a "W".

Jarnberg 12-10-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredDave (Post 11555813)
If our Flower Play stinks tonight, we will not win....

Agreed, this is a night where our PP chances will be crucial. Detroit plays a defensive game and do not allow alot of scoring chances. Taking advantage of any PP chances is huge.

handtrick 12-10-2007 01:48 PM

Ellis in net, Mason sick.
Also Hordi sick and probably out.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../71210017/1028

Seth Lake 12-10-2007 02:04 PM

Draper and Maltby out for Detroit.

Brandon Allin* 12-10-2007 04:02 PM

They've each missed a few games now. Chris Chelios will also be a healthy scratch tonight. He's a warrior, but we've got to give him some time off here and there.

barrytrotzsneck 12-10-2007 04:23 PM

accordign to a thread on the main board, the red wings are the best team in the league, universe, ever, and really there's no sense in trying to defeat them. :help:

Brandon Allin* 12-10-2007 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 11560289)
accordign to a thread on the main board, the red wings are the best team in the league, universe, ever, and really there's no sense in trying to defeat them. :help:

Not a chance, but you must admit, we're pretty amazing. ;)

bullocks 12-10-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 11556899)
Agreed, this is a night where our PP chances will be crucial. Detroit plays a defensive game and do not allow alot of scoring chances. Taking advantage of any PP chances is huge.

Detroit plays a defensive game? That would explain why we lead the league in scoring. :sarcasm:

Jarnberg 12-10-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullocks (Post 11560709)
Detroit plays a defensive game? That would explain why we lead the league in scoring. :sarcasm:

They are also third best in the league for goals against.

They limit their opponents to very few shots a game. They pack up the blue line and force you to give the puck away. They are all over the ice and are very aggressive.

Their system allows them to steal alot of pucks in the neutral zone and create odd man rushes or allows their defense to hit long passes on quick counter attacks.

bullocks 12-10-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 11560901)
They are also third best in the league for goals against.

They limit their opponents to very few shots a game. They pack up the blue line and force you to give the puck away. They are all over the ice and are very aggressive.

Their system allows them to steal alot of pucks in the neutral zone and create odd man rushes or allows their defense to hit long passes on quick counter attacks.

They don't play a "defensive game" tho...

Boston, Minnesota, St. Louis = defensive game (1-2-2 trap)

Jarnberg 12-10-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullocks (Post 11560992)
They don't play a "defensive game" tho...

Boston, Minnesota, St. Louis = defensive game (1-2-2 trap)

I didn't realize the criteria for a defensive game is a trap.

You are using your own definition of a defensive game "tho".

lugnut76 12-10-2007 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullocks (Post 11560709)
Detroit plays a defensive game? That would explain why we lead the league in scoring. :sarcasm:


And obviously, good defense (especially neutral zone) cannot lead to odd man rushes and great scoring chances.

Fugu 12-10-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 11560289)
accordign to a thread on the main board, the red wings are the best team in the league, universe, ever, and really there's no sense in trying to defeat them. :help:


And you should compare who starts those threads to their activity level on the Wings board-- nudge, nudge, wink, wink....


If the Preds can jump up early, they stand more than a fair chance to win this one. Even the invincible Wings might look gassed on the 2nd game in as many nights. And it is a Central match up! ;)

gmalicoat 12-10-2007 08:17 PM

2nd period Preds PP--the wings, zetts in particular just toy with the preds as if they are a pee wee team :handclap:

GPF 12-10-2007 08:21 PM

how about a PP goal NOW .. come on!!

edit: wow and instead Zidlicky to the box due to non existing defensive awareness and lamely feet

nine_inch_fang 12-10-2007 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmalicoat (Post 11564063)
2nd period Preds PP--the wings, zetts in particular just toy with the preds as if they are a pee wee team :handclap:

I guess that goal came against a squirt team then:biglaugh:

gmalicoat 12-10-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang (Post 11564528)
I guess that goal came against a squirt team then:biglaugh:

even a blind dog finds a bone some days--

the preds are TOTALLY outclassed by the wings

nine_inch_fang 12-10-2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmalicoat (Post 11564807)
even a blind dog finds a bone some days--

the preds are TOTALLY outclassed by the wings

Maybe your the one with no class???

I guess that was just karma coming back your way. Now go back to your little hole you troll.

Mayor Mike 12-10-2007 09:36 PM

I wish legwand signed with detroit :(:(

FanGirl10 12-10-2007 10:33 PM

Thanks for the kind remarks guys. As always, the game was high energy and lots of fun.

I wish Nashville had taken Zetterberg and not some hoser we traded immediately!

Joe T Choker 12-10-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanGirl10 (Post 11566659)
Thanks for the kind remarks guys. As always, the game was high energy and lots of fun.

I wish Nashville had taken Zetterberg and not some hoser we traded immediately!

I wish we never traded for Zidsucky


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.