HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   How has Blatny looked? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=45321)

nyrcup94 01-20-2004 11:30 AM

How has Blatny looked?
 
Afternoon all....

I was wondering if you could fill me in as to how Blatny has looked so far this year. I saw that he scored his second goal of the year a few nights ago. Any and all information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Peter Sidorkiewicz 01-20-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrcup94
Afternoon all....

I was wondering if you could fill me in as to how Blatny has looked so far this year. I saw that he scored his second goal of the year a few nights ago. Any and all information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

He is finally starting to show some offensive potential leading the Chicago Wolves in scoring before being called up to Atlanta due to injuries. In Atlanta, with Hartley juggling his lines all the time, Blatny has seen some time on a scoring line but failed to take his chances and now mostly plays a checking role. Blatny has done OK overall but we his always just going to be a depth player and as soon as Cowan and Aubin come back, he'll probably be sent back to Chicago.

nyrcup94 02-04-2004 11:05 AM

It looks like Blatny is sticking with the big club. Has he earned the ice time or is he just up because of injuries? I see that both Cowan and Aubin are back but Blatny is still with Atlanta? Has he impressed enough to stay? :dunno:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
He is finally starting to show some offensive potential leading the Chicago Wolves in scoring before being called up to Atlanta due to injuries. In Atlanta, with Hartley juggling his lines all the time, Blatny has seen some time on a scoring line but failed to take his chances and now mostly plays a checking role. Blatny has done OK overall but we his always just going to be a depth player and as soon as Cowan and Aubin come back, he'll probably be sent back to Chicago.


Holly Gunning 02-04-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrcup94
Has he earned the ice time or is he just up because of injuries? I see that both Cowan and Aubin are back but Blatny is still with Atlanta? Has he impressed enough to stay?

Well there is only one forward still out injured, Robitaille, who plays center. (Cowan and Aubin are back already). Hartley doesn't like to carry more than one extra forward, so when Robitaille comes back, someone will likely go, either Blatny or Simon. Tough call, I think Blatny will stay over him.

Blatny does better when he's expected to perform in a checking function and then gets a few opportunities, rather than being expected to score. They should leave him on the third or fourth line because of it. Maybe play a little PP too.

Peter Sidorkiewicz 02-06-2004 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyG
Well there is only one forward still out injured, Robitaille, who plays center. (Cowan and Aubin are back already). Hartley doesn't like to carry more than one extra forward, so when Robitaille comes back, someone will likely go, either Blatny or Simon. Tough call, I think Blatny will stay over him.

Blatny does better when he's expected to perform in a checking function and then gets a few opportunities, rather than being expected to score. They should leave him on the third or fourth line because of it. Maybe play a little PP too.

I hoped Blatny would stayed too but he and Foster just got reassigned.
http://www.atlantathrashers.com/View...2-24f12f4a0efb


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.