HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Official Game Night Thread: NYR-BOS (TUESDAY GAME) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=45385)

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-20-2004 03:57 PM

Official Game Night Thread: NYR-BOS (TUESDAY GAME)

Doull out tonight. War or Peace? I'll take two points.

As always, whoever wants to come here to talk about the game tonight is welcome on both sides, but we're looking for hockey, not trolling.

Anyone who has to troll will have their messages deleted and if it continues will have their accounts given a ban. We're looking for quality hockey discussion not members looking to make problems.

Bruins fans... you're welcome to participate in the game thread, but don't post stuff that will incite the natives. If you want to discuss the game and give your opinions on players and the game, please feel free to do so, but just remember which board you're on. Things you could openly and freely say on the Bruins board may not get the sort of reaction you're looking for (unless you're looking to tick off Ranger fans-- and if that happens, chances are lots of warnings, edits, deletions of posts, and possible bannings will end up occurring, and it doesn't need to be that way. And I don't want to have to do it). Everyone play nice please.

Enjoy the game.

Post 'em if you got 'em.

Bluenote13 01-20-2004 04:18 PM

I think the game will be more reserved than some might think after yesterday's peace & lovefest on MLK day. :p

3-1 Ranger's win. Leetch, Kovalev, Holik.

True Blue 01-20-2004 04:24 PM

Bet your bottom dollar that Bettman puts the clamp on this game early. I'm sure that there will be a parade to the penalty box to enforce just that. The game will not be nearly as nasty as yesterday as Bettman will instruct the refs to call anything and everything, including mean glares.

Maximus 01-20-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
I think the game will be more reserved than some might think after yesterday's peace & lovefest on MLK day. :p

3-1 Ranger's win. Leetch, Kovalev, Holik.

With no Doulle in the house due to suspension and no McArthy and no other real bigtime goon, I think I'm in agreement with you Bluenote as the game, though definitly not a lovefest, likely doesn't have enough combatants to turn into something all to ugly. And so, I can see it going as you stated....a much more reserved game than yesterday with maybe one or two fights and with the Rangers getting the all important W and the two points that comes with it.

Rangers-4(Lindros,Kovalev,ACarter and Messier)
Bruins-2(Samsonov and Axxelsson)

Absolutaly have to have this game and we should prevail...

-Maxie

bw5126 01-20-2004 05:09 PM

What are the expected lines and D pairings with all the injuries on the blue lne? Its probally going to be a high scoring one I predict 5-4 Rangers with goals by Holik,Kovalev,Carter,Lindros,Barnaby

Gee Wally 01-20-2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Doull out tonight. War or Peace? I'll take two points.

As always, whoever wants to come here to talk about the game tonight is welcome on both sides, but we're looking for hockey, not trolling.

Anyone who has to troll will have their messages deleted and if it continues will have their accounts given a ban. We're looking for quality hockey discussion not members looking to make problems.

Bruins fans... you're welcome to participate in the game thread, but don't post stuff that will incite the natives. If you want to discuss the game and give your opinions on players and the game, please feel free to do so, but just remember which board you're on. Things you could openly and freely say on the Bruins board may not get the sort of reaction you're looking for (unless you're looking to tick off Ranger fans-- and if that happens, chances are lots of warnings, edits, deletions of posts, and possible bannings will end up occurring, and it doesn't need to be that way. And I don't want to have to do it). Everyone play nice please.

Enjoy the game.

Post 'em if you got 'em.

I fully support this .

The same will be true over at the Bruins Board tonight.

Here's to a good game ...

rangers 01-20-2004 05:36 PM

We need a win tonight. Think we`ll get it? nahhh....

dedalus 01-20-2004 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangers
We need a win tonight. Think we`ll get it? nahhh....

With Dunham in nets for the 6th consecutive game? How can the Rangers NOT win? C'mon! The guy's a horse!

4-2 Bruins

WBC8 01-20-2004 06:07 PM

Good Luck fellas...Let this game be remembered for some GREAT hockey action...

Fire Sather 01-20-2004 06:08 PM

Dunham again??? yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

nyr5186 01-20-2004 06:09 PM

The D pairings...

Leetch-Nycholat
Malakhov-Mironov
Purinton-Bouchard

Poti is out with some kind of back problem.

Fire Sather 01-20-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
The D pairings...

Leetch-Nycholat
Malakhov-Mironov
Purinton-Bouchard

Poti is out with some kind of back problem.

Is it just me or does the smallest thing keep Poti out of a game?

rangers 01-20-2004 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
Dunham again??? yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

You gotta be kidding me! Jesus Christ...This could get ugly...

nyr5186 01-20-2004 06:15 PM

Quote:

I said it before and I'll say it again. Poti was not born to be a hockey player.

Last time I checked, the Mets need a big bat in the lineup. :D

Fire Sather 01-20-2004 06:18 PM

Quote:

I said it before and I'll say it again. Poti was not born to be a hockey player.

Last time I checked, the Mets need a big bat in the lineup. :D

Im sure hes better than Cedeno in RF.

Quick OT: Thank god Karim Garcia was signed to get Cedeno out of the starting lineup.

rangers 01-20-2004 06:22 PM

Who`s playing instead of Rheaume?

dedalus 01-20-2004 06:23 PM

Quote:

Well if he legitimately has back spasms you can't blame him for sitting out. That's not a little thing by any stretch of the imagination - especially for a hockey player.

Fire Sather 01-20-2004 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
Well if he legitimately has back spasms you can't blame him for sitting out. That's not a little thing by any stretch of the imagination - especially for a hockey player.

True. But it seems everytime hes out its something we found out just before gametime. Not something that happens in a game or anything.

rangers 01-20-2004 06:25 PM

Heh...Gotta love Barnaby!

Let me guess. Boynton whipped him?

nyr5186 01-20-2004 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangers
Who`s playing instead of Rheaume?

LaCouture is in the lineup.

But why isnt Wiseman in there? He scores his first career goal and then doesnt see the ice the next two games. Way to build on the kid's confidence, Glen.

rangers 01-20-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

LaCouture is in the lineup.

But why isnt Wiseman in there? He scores his first career goal and then doesnt see the ice the next two games. Way to build on the kid's confidence, Glen.

He`s probably expecting a tough game and LaCotoure can drop them... Still, I agree with you on Wiseman. There should be a place for him in the lineup.

tors10 01-20-2004 06:49 PM

nycholat

what # is nycholat wearing? and how has he looked so far?

thanks..

rangers 01-20-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tors10
what # is nycholat wearing? and how has he looked so far?

thanks..

Ahh, another Euro staying up in the middle of the night just to listen to this team loose once again. I like it! I`m not alone!

rangers 01-20-2004 06:57 PM

Ok, so I`m guessing Nedved is playing tonight...right? Luckily we didn`t loose him.

Theoren Fan 01-20-2004 06:59 PM

Is it just me or does Mike Dunham, 15 shots saved so far in the 1st period, still look out of position on plays, rather sluggish, and extremely beatable?