HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Niedermayer's shoulder pads (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=454066)

Heat McManus 12-14-2007 09:12 AM

Niedermayer's shoulder pads
 
http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app?articl...e&service=page

Behold the wonder of duct tape. I've heard Scott's been wearing those since his last season in the WHL, which makes them about 18 years old.

VisionQuest* 12-14-2007 09:22 AM

Ever seen Cheli's or Shanny's ? even worse.

Its pretty awesome though.

Heat McManus 12-14-2007 09:24 AM

I like guys like McSorley. Just cups sewn onto their suspenders. I remember the horrific realisation I had seeing that for the first time. I was shocked and awed at how friggin huge Marty was.

Ti-girl 12-14-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VisionQuest (Post 11621987)
Ever seen Cheli's or Shanny's ? even worse.

Its pretty awesome though.

Aren't Chelios's Bob Suter's old shoulder pads?

jacklours 12-14-2007 11:58 AM

He sould get the Sherwood 5030

XweekendwarriorX 12-14-2007 04:27 PM

when ever i see him i cant help but think he has no shoulder pads on what so ever and i swear i seen him playing without any during the all star game last year.

VisionQuest* 12-15-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacklours (Post 11623704)
He sould get the Sherwood 5030

I had those, the real thin ones with almost no protection and small caps, right?

I dont even wear shoulder pads anymore.

jacklours 12-15-2007 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VisionQuest (Post 11633805)
I had those, the real thin ones with almost no protection and small caps, right?

I dont even wear shoulder pads anymore.


They brought them back on the market a few years ago and they're exactly like the old model that they use to be, no bigger. Except they're brand new.


http://hfboards.com/imagehosting/8057476417e856b4d.gif

Redden Hogalot* 12-15-2007 01:05 PM

Crap, don't like Don Cherry see those...

Pavel 12-15-2007 03:34 PM

I always preferred smaller, lighter shoulder pads. I thought guys in my rec league looked ridiculous with their huge shoulder pads. Like they were ready to step onto a gridiron rather than a rink.

Rec T 12-15-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XweekendwarriorX (Post 11626880)
and i swear i seen him playing without any during the all star game last year.

Well, you have to admit that there is hardly any hitting or even hard shots in the typical All Star Game. Not really a need for anything other than perhaps a cup.

newfish 12-15-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacklours (Post 11635346)
They brought them back on the market a few years ago and they're exactly like the old model that they use to be, no bigger. Except they're brand new.


http://hfboards.com/imagehosting/8057476417e856b4d.gif

Hey thoses are my shoulder pads!!:yo:

Best pads ever.

Wease 12-17-2007 03:30 PM

Shouldn't it be called "Duck" tape? :)

waterblast02 12-17-2007 06:01 PM

Do you all have any links to other pictures of players without their jersey on? Always has been interesting to me to see just exactly how much protection the pros use in their games.

Steelhead16 12-17-2007 06:47 PM

I loved mine. Played pee wee through Junior with them and never washed them. Finally did and they came out of the wash in pieces. Got new ones but they were too bulky so I haven't worn any for 20 years. Had surgery on both shoulders and a couple of slap shots to the chest but I guess that isn't bad for 20 years. Should have had more duct tape.

benefactor* 12-18-2007 01:03 PM

I guess this is sort of related...how many of you guys use the shirts with the building in padding as opposed to the shoulder pads? What are they like? Any good?

VisionQuest* 12-19-2007 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacklours (Post 11635346)
They brought them back on the market a few years ago and they're exactly like the old model that they use to be, no bigger. Except they're brand new.


http://hfboards.com/imagehosting/8057476417e856b4d.gif

Thats hilarious. I had a pair a long time ago, and then bought a new pair when they reissued them, now I wear nothing.

VisionQuest* 12-19-2007 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pavel (Post 11637813)
I always preferred smaller, lighter shoulder pads. I thought guys in my rec league looked ridiculous with their huge shoulder pads. Like they were ready to step onto a gridiron rather than a rink.


Yeah.
Massive plastic cupped shoulder pads; check
full cage with mouth guard attached; check
massive cumbersome pants that interfere with skating; check

stick flailing helplessly carving the nearest player that actually knows how to control himself on the ice; check.

It gets pretty bad with the guys that started playing as adults sometimes.

NJDevs430 12-19-2007 11:54 AM

Geez Scott...who repairs your equipment for ya - Red Green?
<(-:{
"Yes - and he was the one who told me to keep my stick on the ice."

jacklours 12-19-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJDevs430 (Post 11693523)
Geez Scott...who repairs your equipment for ya - Red Green?
<(-:{
"Yes - and he was the one who told me to keep my stick on the ice."

Hahaha good one

Joe Cole 12-19-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VisionQuest (Post 11689965)
Yeah.
Massive plastic cupped shoulder pads; check
full cage with mouth guard attached; check
massive cumbersome pants that interfere with skating; check

stick flailing helplessly carving the nearest player that actually knows how to control himself on the ice; check.

It gets pretty bad with the guys that started playing as adults sometimes.

Count me out regarding this opinion.

The pants comment mystifies me. As soon as the puck is dropped, I cannot notice any part of my equipement besides my stick and if my skates are too loose. I wear all the protection I can afford, and it never hinders me.

Plus, the whole popular opinion that guys with cages are more reckless with their sticks is a myth propgated by guys with an agenda such as Don Cherry.

For the record 99% of the guys in the NHL grew up playing with full shields. The "advantage" of not having a cage is psychological.

Regarding guys that start out as adults.... I have to agree.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.