HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dunham: the larger picture... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=45441)

Janerixon 01-20-2004 08:44 PM

Dunham: the larger picture...

regardless of how bad this team played today and yesterday and injuries and fights, dunham is never going to be the man

the guy cannot play a sound position game, i mean at least hasek was hasek and that was his style, but dunham flops all over the ice, usually taking himself out of the play, tonight easily could have been 6-1 bruins but there were 2 excellent plays by barnaby and purinton to stop bruin goals where dunham was out of the play

dunham continues to give up terrible rebounds, with no attempt to steer them to the corners

he can barely stop anything 5 hole, he has no chance on breakaways, and he is consistent in giving up the backbreaker goal that ends any chance of this team staying in games

he can make amazing saves one minute but the ones he should have and the rebounds he gives up are killing this team

now if we were a top defensive team or had a strong system in place for a few years with numerous defensemen that had been here over 2 years than id be more for dunham being our guy, but dunhams style with our weak defensive zone play just equals bad news

as for the larger picture dunham just isnt going to be the guy, im starting to honestly question if this guy can even take us to the playoffs, not even win us a round, just get us there

so lets hope blackie's nerve starts to get better and soon because dunham just isnt going to be the guy for this team unless he gets back to playing sound positional hockey like last year and learns to control his rebounds, but hey unless we get nhl caliber defensemen who can stay healthy it really wont matter

sickboy35 01-20-2004 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon
regardless of how bad this team played today and yesterday and injuries and fights, dunham is never going to be the man

the guy cannot play a sound position game, i mean at least hasek was hasek and that was his style, but dunham flops all over the ice, usually taking himself out of the play, tonight easily could have been 6-1 bruins but there were 2 excellent plays by barnaby and purinton to stop bruin goals where dunham was out of the play

dunham continues to give up terrible rebounds, with no attempt to steer them to the corners

he can barely stop anything 5 hole, he has no chance on breakaways, and he is consistent in giving up the backbreaker goal that ends any chance of this team staying in games

he can make amazing saves one minute but the ones he should have and the rebounds he gives up are killing this team

now if we were a top defensive team or had a strong system in place for a few years with numerous defensemen that had been here over 2 years than id be more for dunham being our guy, but dunhams style with our weak defensive zone play just equals bad news

as for the larger picture dunham just isnt going to be the guy, im starting to honestly question if this guy can even take us to the playoffs, not even win us a round, just get us there

so lets hope blackie's nerve starts to get better and soon because dunham just isnt going to be the guy for this team unless he gets back to playing sound positional hockey like last year and learns to control his rebounds, but hey unless we get nhl caliber defensemen who can stay healthy it really wont matter

not to bust on what your saying, because its true! it just reminded me of that bud light commercial where the kid gets that letter from the bruins. telling him if continues to bother them they will get an order against him? one guys says "look at the bright side" an the other "yeah the bright side" i don't know i'm tired and pissed!!

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-20-2004 09:49 PM

Quote:

I don't know if Dunham is or is not the man. We have seen him be both. What we can say with certainty is he is not Martin Brodeur (for many reasons). Dunham cannot carry 80% of the load. He is at his best when he gets rest.

But then again, this franchise has overused goalies for years now. There were years when Mike Richter was overused. It keeps going.

Janerixon 01-20-2004 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35
not to bust on what your saying, because its true! it just reminded me of that bud light commercial where the kid gets that letter from the bruins. telling him if continues to bother them they will get an order against him? one guys says "look at the bright side" an the other "yeah the bright side" i don't know i'm tired and pissed!!

well at least we have a brightside... his name is dan blackburn and hopefully by the time the lockout is over we will know something about his nerve damage

you think the rangers would spend 5 minutes to at least talk to him and give us some info... oh yeah hes a ute who cares, defintely not us

Brooklyn Ranger 01-21-2004 12:41 AM

Quote:

well at least we have a brightside... his name is dan blackburn and hopefully by the time the lockout is over we will know something about his nerve damage

you think the rangers would spend 5 minutes to at least talk to him and give us some info... oh yeah hes a ute who cares, defintely not us

It was reported in several newspaper articles that Blackburn was re-examined soon after New Year's and there was no significant improvement. The next checkup isn't until late Feb/early March. Most likely he won't be playing hockey until next season.