HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preds @ Vags - The Intent to Blow more than the whistle edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=454520)

Joe T Choker 12-15-2007 10:46 AM

Preds @ Vags - The Intent to Blow more than the whistle edition

I swear to ****in' god if the same jobbers that did the game Thursday night, I might as well go out and get soused

http://www.divealanche.com/imagefiles/1_diving_duck.jpg

PredDave 12-15-2007 11:26 AM

Pihlstrom's hat trick tonight will be the key to the game!

Preds take this one 4-3 in overtime...

:handclap:

Jarnberg 12-15-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredDave (Post 11634891)
Pihlstrom's hat trick tonight will be the key to the game!

Preds take this one 4-3 in overtime...

:handclap:

High expectations eh?

nine_inch_fang 12-15-2007 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 11636329)
High expectations eh?

What do you mean by that???:sarcasm:

Seth Lake 12-15-2007 06:48 PM

Lines I'd like to see for tonight:

Fiddler - Legwand - Radulov
Pihlstrom - Arnott - Dumont
Smithson - Bonk - Ortmeyer
Gelinas - Nichol - Tootoo

And my pipedream lineup on defense for tonight would be:

Suter - Weber
Hamhuis - DeVries
Zanon - Klein

Just have a feeling that Klein wouldn't disappoint if he gets into the game.

nine_inch_fang 12-15-2007 08:29 PM

two effin penalties taken beyond the goalline?????

braindead 12-15-2007 08:57 PM

Those are dumb on-the road penalties. On the PP it seems like Weber is shooting too much, or at least too quickly, rather than setting up, moving the puck and waiting for the right opportunity. I think the Preds will break out in the second- it just seem like its time.

Jarnberg 12-15-2007 10:38 PM

This roster needs a big shake up.

People are not performing for whatever reason.

When Tootoo, Gelinas, and Nichol form your most dangerous line, something is wrong.

I'm sure we'll hear the usual excuse, we played hard but couldn't buy a goal and blah blah, but that can only go for so long.

Poile needs to do something.

Arnott and Dumont look absolutely terrible out there. Fiddler is his usual self, terrible. Others, like Legwand and Radulov are not getting it done.

Our "skilled" guys suck right now.

barrytrotzsneck 12-15-2007 11:13 PM

The game can be summed up by a single play:

Avs up 2-1 in the third.

Bonk and Tootoo get a good bounce and break down the ice two-on-one

Bonk puts the puck right on Tootoo's stick.

Tootoo blasts the puck into Budaj's crest.

Pucks into crests, pucks over sticks, shots wide\high of open nets, drop passes to no one...our offense looks ridiculous at the moment. We're dominating possession like we've NEVER done before, yet we can't buy a goal.

If we're going to be a bad team this year, it sucks that we'll likely still be good enough to cheat ourselves out of a decent draft pick. We've got Florida's first, yeah, but it's going to suck to finish in 10th place and pick 14th.

OpenWheel 12-15-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 11646467)
The game can be summed up by a single play:

Avs up 2-1 in the third.

Bonk and Tootoo get a good bounce and break down the ice two-on-one

Bonk puts the puck right on Tootoo's stick.

Tootoo blasts the puck into Budaj's crest.

Pucks into crests, pucks over sticks, shots wide\high of open nets, drop passes to no one...our offense looks ridiculous at the moment. We're dominating possession like we've NEVER done before, yet we can't buy a goal.

If we're going to be a bad team this year, it sucks that we'll likely still be good enough to cheat ourselves out of a decent draft pick. We've got Florida's first, yeah, but it's going to suck to finish in 10th place and pick 14th.

I thought the play that summed it up was when Dumont couldn't do a simple thing like get a stick on the puck and direct it into the wide open net. Instead he swats at it and wiffs. And then Weber and Crispy rave about what a great job he did driving to the net. (unless I'm mistaken and he was the one that made the sweet feed and someone else wiffed it?)

As soon as Toots got that feed I said "no goal" because I knew their goalie would be all over the shot. As Weber said they knew what was coming. There wasn't much else there since he doesn't really have the skills to skate i closer with any kind of fake.

I don't think we are dominating possessions and getting these raved about "great chances". We don't seem strong enough on the skates to me, we end up having to chuck it quickly toward the goal as soon as they bring a body on us, since we don't have guys who after driving the net can keep it against pressure just that one extra second to really make it count. They sound like great chances when Pete Weber gets excited, but I don't think they really are. At least they're shots though and I can't really complain too much about that.