HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Guess what... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=45454)

capn89* 01-20-2004 09:36 PM

Guess what...

the slump is still on... In my definition of a slump being over, a team must win 3 or 4 consecutive games... they only won two. grrr :mad:

DanKordicsFist 01-21-2004 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
the slump is still on... In my definition of a slump being over, a team must win 3 or 4 consecutive games... they only won two. grrr :mad:

And last nights loss was a convincing as the previous two wins. Boy, I'm sure glad they didn't have Slaney in the line up :shakehead

BrindA17 01-21-2004 06:32 AM

Guys, we OWN Toronto. We were going to win at least one of those two games no matter what. It's cool knowing we can dominate them so badly when we're in the middle of a slump :D.

With that being said, both New Jersey and Ottawa own us....

capn89* 01-21-2004 11:52 AM

Can someone explain to me why the Flyers ONLY make trades with the half-assed teams of the NHL? It's so consistant, Carolina, Tampa, Phoenix... Whens the last time the flyers made a deal with a playoff contender? I mean, those teams suck for a reason, because they don't have a lot of talent. It's so annoying, I'm tired of hearing "Flyers make deal with Hurricanes, Flyers make deal with Lightning." Oh well, I guess they're the only teams who want to deal with Clarkie.

Fla.Flyer.Fan 01-21-2004 12:46 PM

I guess "good" teams don't want to screw up thier own chemistry, on thier way to the play offs.

DanKordicsFist 01-21-2004 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fla.Flyer.Fan
I guess "good" teams don't want to screw up thier own chemistry, on thier way to the play offs.

Well, I guess the Flyers don't consider themselves playoff contenders then

capn89* 01-21-2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fla.Flyer.Fan

That explains a LOT.

capn89* 01-21-2004 01:44 PM

I guess my next question would be, how come the Flyers never go after big name players. Over the past years there have been a TON of big names out there we could have gotten, Bourque, Blake etc etc, so why not? A great system will only take you so far, eventually you need cut & dry talent.

BrindA17 01-21-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

I guess my next question would be, how come the Flyers never go after big name players. Over the past years there have been a TON of big names out there we could have gotten, Bourque, Blake etc etc, so why not? A great system will only take you so far, eventually you need cut & dry talent.

I know we went after Bourque, and quite possibly Blake. Colorado managed to out-bid us (I think we offered Langkow+ for Ray, while Colorado sent Rolston+, the obviously more-talented player, to Boston).

Clarke makes cheap trades which look absolutely awesome at the time. And then comes the playoffs...

The Seeker 25 01-21-2004 03:31 PM

Quote:

Can someone explain to me why the Flyers ONLY make trades with the half-assed teams of the NHL? It's so consistant, Carolina, Tampa, Phoenix... Whens the last time the flyers made a deal with a playoff contender? I mean, those teams suck for a reason, because they don't have a lot of talent. It's so annoying, I'm tired of hearing "Flyers make deal with Hurricanes, Flyers make deal with Lightning." Oh well, I guess they're the only teams who want to deal with Clarkie.

In the case of the Lightning, the last time we dealt with them was for a 1st round draft pick. As for dealing with the NHL's "bottom feeders", that's what you want to deal for with them........take their high draft picks (TB's was #4 overall and netted us Pitkanen). Better to get draft picks from them than a Colorado or Detroit.