HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Lindros' fight (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=45504)

Sad London Ranger 01-21-2004 05:46 AM

Lindros' fight

do you have a link to a clip to see the fight? thanks

#37-#93-#27* 01-21-2004 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by london ranger
do you have a link to a clip to see the fight? thanks

http://hockey-fights.com/videos/2004...rnaby-Gill.wmv

newf 01-21-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27

great clip

two things impressed me about that fight. one - lindros can pack a punch, but two, check out what barnaby did at the start of the fight. gill tries to get in between lindros and thornton and barnaby just neatly comes in and takes him out of the picture so eric can get down to business. just great awareness. that's a guy who really knows his role.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

Bob Dylan

#37-#93-#27* 01-21-2004 02:52 PM

Good point on Barnaby. I can't think of one thing he's done wrong since coming here.

Son of Steinbrenner 01-21-2004 02:54 PM

whats funny about this clip is the NESN guys don't even notice thornton got knocked out by lindros. they concentrate on barnaby

RFAN 01-21-2004 03:22 PM

I find the Barnaby in the land of the redwood comments very funny! Just shows that Matty has more heart then most on the team. :lol:

Burberry Manning 01-22-2004 10:33 AM

That was one of most one-sided fight commentaries that I have seen in a while. HaHa the announcer mentions Thornton getting "one or two" on Lindros and then ignores the TKO punch. Also ignoring the fact that Gill is landing to the helmet and back of Matty's head. Whateva, our center didnt need surgery on his face after that fight.

Edge 01-22-2004 06:27 PM

that website is always interesting... i complain sometimes about the uptightness of hfboards but you go to a site like that and you can see why they've taken their approach.

it's like being in an 8th grade PE class.

aonez 01-22-2004 07:10 PM

Eric Lindros is just too cool :teach: IŽd say he is the most awesome player in NHL ever. :yo: :D

Edge 01-22-2004 07:13 PM

what's scary is that thornton isn't a small boy. 6'4, 220-225 and lindros made him look smaller. I mean even before the punch you could just see the strength difference.

stardog 01-23-2004 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleeding blue
That was one of most one-sided fight commentaries that I have seen in a while. HaHa the announcer mentions Thornton getting "one or two" on Lindros and then ignores the TKO punch. Also ignoring the fact that Gill is landing to the helmet and back of Matty's head. Whateva, our center didnt need surgery on his face after that fight.

Pens fan here. The Boston announcers are pathetic. They are some of the most blatantly homer and ignorant announcers in recent memory. I'd rather listen to audio from the Teletubbies than listen to them.

I certainly miss Barnaby on the Pens. He didn't win many but he was the consumate team guy and always came to the defense of his team mates.

But I really miss Lacoture. Does he still fight much? He is such an under rated player in this league and he can sure throw em down as well. He is a perfect 4th line energy guy, who does everything (except score) VERY well. I'd love to have both of them back but especially DannyLac!
Good luck to all the former Pens on your team....even Nedved :D

Edge 01-23-2004 12:37 PM

he's been fighting all season {more then his numbers would lead you to believe.}

He's gotten a lot of roughing calls that were really fights.

Tucker3 01-23-2004 02:35 PM

I saw the fight on a newsreal and wonder if The damage to thorntons eye wasn't from the stick to the face Lindros gave him at the start of the fight. Kind of funny seeing those two go at it since they are very much cut from the same cloth: Big guys who are strong and have good hands, but get injured alot. Knew one of them would end up in the hospital at the end of it all.

Edge 01-23-2004 03:18 PM

i keep hearing that and i just don't but it. if thornton was hurt by it he sure as heck had a delayed, almost cartoon like reaction.

Besides lindros didnt swing his stick at thornton's face like a baseball bat, and even then it might be hard to fracture a cheek bone.

he landed a really good punch, he caught thornton off balance when he was spinning him and he got a shot in. no more, no less.

aonez 01-23-2004 08:11 PM

Oh man, there must be no doubt that Lindros fist made Thorntons injury :lol:

:bow: Lindros :bow:

BostonGrl819 01-29-2004 03:04 AM

Well, since you guys are discussing Doig's clean hit on Lindros, I decided I'd go through the back pages and see what you had to say about Lindros' fight with Thornton.

I don't think it was the punch that fractured Joe's cheek-it was probably the crosschecks to the face Lindros was giving him before they started playing.

I hope Lindros is back soon, if only so that Thornton can return the favor.

RushingRocket 01-29-2004 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonGrl819
Well, since you guys are discussing Doig's clean hit on Lindros, I decided I'd go through the back pages and see what you had to say about Lindros' fight with Thornton.

I don't think it was the punch that fractured Joe's cheek-it was probably the crosschecks to the face Lindros was giving him before they started playing.

Geez...this is being brought up again? Can we just close this? IMO the Lindros-Thornton fight has been talked about enough, no more talk about it is going to change your, or probably anybody else's minds on what caused the injury. Consider the fact that you're a Boston fan, you think the hit is dirty, and you're STILL talking about it, and you come over to these boards right after lindros gets his umpteenth concussion, say his play was dirty against thornton, and hope he only gets better so that Thornton can put a dirty hit on him. What kind of hockey fan are you? I wouldn't wish that on any player... Nor would I go over to another team's boards right after something like this happened trying to rekindle an old argument.

Theoren Fan 01-29-2004 03:29 AM

Quote:

A) Great timing :shakehead

B) Get over it

C) Nobody cares about Joe's face and how Eric wrecked it. It happened, it's over.

ECL 01-29-2004 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Fan
A) Great timing :shakehead

B) Get over it

C) Nobody cares about Joe's face and how Eric wrecked it. It happened, it's over.

Joe's face is pretttttty wrecked now. :D

Son of Steinbrenner 01-29-2004 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille
Joe's face is pretttttty wrecked now. :D

are you talking about glass joe?

Fire Sather 01-29-2004 03:40 AM

Quote:

Yeah, the big right Lindros landed did nothing.

ECL 01-29-2004 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
are you talking about glass joe?

Who else?

True Blue 01-29-2004 01:59 PM

Quote:

People like this make me laugh. If there is one natural resource that this country can never run dry of, it's morons. Our biggest natural resource.

Fletch 01-29-2004 02:14 PM

I guess BostonGirl...

missed an uppercut to the cheek that had Thornton buckle. But anyways...who really cares at this point. Guy's out with a concussion that could be career-threatening, that's what's in the present.

RFAN 01-29-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
People like this make me laugh. If there is one natural resource that this country can never run dry of, it's morons. Our biggest natural resource.

To back up your theory I just read that stupid people reproduce at a 2to3x faster rate then those of higher intellect. Also like a rotting apples the plague of ignorance infects everything they come in contact with. Run for the hills I tell you run!