HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   So, what prospect(s) is/are gone? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=45523)

Davisian 01-21-2004 07:50 AM

So, what prospect(s) is/are gone?

You know a deal is being made.. The times mentions Boughner, and a possibly larger deal for O'Neill..

But either way a patent Sathe rpanic move is one the way.. Which prospects are gone in order to secure the 10th spot??

I'll say Ortmeyer and G. Murray are toast..

True Blue 01-21-2004 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
But either way a patent Sathe rpanic move is one the way..

Hey, look at the bright side.

Davisian 01-21-2004 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
Hey, look at the bright side.

YEEEEAAAHHHH... The bright side..

Big Bill 01-21-2004 08:17 AM

Quote:

YEEEEAAAHHHH... The bright side..

Tjutin will be gone if the trade involves Oneill. The Cnaes have traded Tanabe, Knyazev, Markov, and now maybe Boughner. I think they will want a dman with potential in return. Boughner alone would be much cheaper. But as someone here always writes
:Things are different here."

My prediction is something like Tjutin, Murray, and a pick for Oneill and Boughner. I personally think it will take more unless the pick is a #1 but I am afraid of getting flamed by the youth movemnt here.

rangers 01-21-2004 08:38 AM

Quote:

You know a deal is being made.. The times mentions Boughner, and a possibly larger deal for O'Neill..

But either way a patent Sathe rpanic move is one the way.. Which prospects are gone in order to secure the 10th spot??

I think he`ll package Anson with a prospect or a pick, but it`s just a wild guess. I`m just praying he wont give away Lundqvist, Tjutin, Lundmark, Murray, Lampman or Moore. I`m getting nervous...

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-21-2004 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangers
I think he`ll package Anson with a prospect or a pick, but it`s just a wild guess. I`m just praying he wont give away Lundqvist, Tjutin, Lundmark, Murray, Lampman or Moore. I`m getting nervous...

I wonder maybe Sather can try to get Richard Matvichuk who has been rumored to be on the block in the past.

What u think of this? Matvichuk to Rangers for Anson Carter

Rangers would be getting a tough dman who blocks shots and would be good partner for Brian Leetch.

Son of Steinbrenner 01-21-2004 08:43 AM

wait the rangers have prospects? Talking to most people on this board it would seem the Rangers don't have anybody in the system worth anything. You can't have it both ways. Sather has not made any youth for veteran trades that have hurt the rangers. The only legit under 22 prospect sather ever traded was brendl. That worked out really well for the rangers.

Davisian 01-21-2004 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jar jar links
wait the rangers have prospects? Talking to most people on this board it would seem the Rangers don't have anybody in the system worth anything. You can't have it both ways. Sather has not made any youth for veteran trades that have hurt the rangers. The only legit under 22 prospect sather ever traded was brendl. That worked out really well for the rangers.

You're right, YOU can't have it both ways.. If he's ineed "completely rebuilt" the farm system, why is it when there's injuries to the varsity, there's NOBODY to call up, and has to make a deal for one?

Don't give me "Tjutin and Jakopin are hurt" a "Rebuilt" farm system would have more than a couple of options..

rangers 01-21-2004 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I wonder maybe Sather can try to get Richard Matvichuk who has been rumored to be on the block in the past.

What u think of this? Matvichuk to Rangers for Anson Carter

Rangers would be getting a tough dman who blocks shots and would be good partner for Brian Leetch.

I`d do that. Also look towards LA. They have shown interst in Carter before and might still want him.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-21-2004 08:59 AM

I have to believe that Sather is looking at Oleg Tverdovsky. He is exactly the kind of defenseman likes. And exactly the kind of defenseman this teams doesn't need.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-21-2004 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangers
I`d do that. Also look towards LA. They have shown interst in Carter before and might still want him.

If the Rangers could get Aaron Miller for Carter + I would jump at it.

tony 01-21-2004 09:02 AM

Quote:

You're right, YOU can't have it both ways.. If he's ineed "completely rebuilt" the farm system, why is it when there's injuries to the varsity, there's NOBODY to call up, and has to make a deal for one?

Don't give me "Tjutin and Jakopin are hurt" a "Rebuilt" farm system would have more than a couple of options..

i agree 100% 6 years of missing the playoffs and we have not one first line guy ready to step in whether it be at d or fwd. but sather has done a great job at scouting and rebuilding the farm. :dunno:

rangers 01-21-2004 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
If the Rangers could get Aaron Miller for Carter + I would jump at it.

Yea, Miller was the guy I had in mind, but isn`t he injured? Everybody on the Kings seem to be injured!

Son of Steinbrenner 01-21-2004 09:15 AM

Quote:

tjutin and jakopin are hurt. Rebulit system would also mean the rangers have players in junior and college that can't just step into the lineup. im sure you know that already

JR#9* 01-21-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

tjutin and jakopin are hurt. Rebulit system would also mean the rangers have players in junior and college that can't just step into the lineup. im sure you know that already

Just what defenseman prospects do we have in college or junior that have sure fire NHL careers ahead of them????

The bottom line is that Slats is a joke as both a GM and is a complete joke as a coach.

He runs the sloppiest bench I've ever seen, he gets out coached by almost every guy he goes against, doesn't know what the term "favorable matchup" means in matching lines, oh wait, I forgot--he doesn't believe in matching lines, his special team schemes are dreaful and he refuses to address it despite it costing us game after game, he holds nobody accountable despite all the tough talk, he distributes ice time as if he is on acid, and he is in complete denial about what the reality of the situation is.

Aside from that, other than Lindros not one of his trades have turned out favorable and Lindros is only starting to play well enough this year, just in time to walk up to Toronto come July.Slats got his a-hole reamed on the York deal as well as the Dunny deal, lost on the Devo deal, traded for known damaged goods in Bure while giving up a 1st, and he totally **** himself in his 1st month here in signing Malakhov to a 4 yr-16 million dollar deal and forced Schnieder out the door, a guy who CONSISTENTLY brings his game which includes great offense and chippiness and he's a guy who just happens to be Detroits best D-man this year.

Slats SUX and is stuck in the 80's.How he has the balls to be as arrogant as he is while he has shown just how clueless and out of touch he is is beyond me.

True Blue 01-21-2004 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR#9
Just what defenseman prospects do we have in college or junior that have sure fire NHL careers ahead of them????

The bottom line is that Slats is a joke as both a GM and is a complete joke as a coach.

He runs the sloppiest bench I've ever seen, he gets out coached by almost every guy he goes against, doesn't know what the term "favorable matchup" means in matching lines, oh wait, I forgot--he doesn't believe in matching lines, his special team schemes are dreaful and he refuses to address it despite it costing us game after game, he holds nobody accountable despite all the tough talk, he distributes ice time as if he is on acid, and he is in complete denial about what the reality of the situation is.

Aside from that, other than Lindros not one of his trades have turned out favorable and Lindros is only starting to play well enough this year, just in time to walk up to Toronto come July.Slats got his a-hole reamed on the York deal as well as the Dunny deal, lost on the Devo deal, traded for known damaged goods in Bure while giving up a 1st, and he totally **** himself in his 1st month here in signing Malakhov to a 4 yr-16 million dollar deal and forced Schnieder out the door, a guy who CONSISTENTLY brings his game which includes great offense and chippiness and he's a guy who just happens to be Detroits best D-man this year.

Slats SUX and is stuck in the 80's.How he has the balls to be as arrogant as he is while he has shown just how clueless and out of touch he is is beyond me.

JR, my friend, you've just summed it up as well as one could have. YEAHHHHH.....the bright side.

riz 01-21-2004 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
JR, my friend, you've just summed it up as well as one could have. YEAHHHHH.....the bright side.

Always look on the bright...side of life...la la...la lalla lalla la :yo:

For me it means spending some quality time with EHM:FE...too bad most of the assets with the Rangers are untradable....gotta rebuild the hard way.

Shadowtron 01-21-2004 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR#9

:handclap: BRAVO!!!!

#37-#93-#27* 01-21-2004 10:24 AM

Quote:

Ortmeyer and Murray have little value so I doubt it would be them. I think Lundmark is a lock. Other then him, I'd say Blackburn is a real possibility.

I truly think however, Sather actually use his head for once and trade Carter and Poti for their value. I don't think Sather will add any long term salary considering all the one year deals he signed players to.

#37-#93-#27* 01-21-2004 10:27 AM

Quote:

Last night Joe Beningo had Jason Daimos on and he specifically said, Sather claims to have rebuilt his farm, if that's the case where the hell were they last year and this year through all these injuries and openings.

Great post JR.

Son of Steinbrenner 01-21-2004 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Last night Joe Beningo had Jason Daimos on and he specifically said, Sather claims to have rebuilt his farm, if that's the case where the hell were they last year and this year through all these injuries and openings.

Great post JR.

i don't think the kids are ready. lets face it tjutin would be playing but he got hurt. lampman almost made the team out of training camp. moore would step in if messier got hurt. most of our prospects are in college or in europe. it is not like they can just join the team. i don't think anybody can judge the "sather kids" for a few years.
JR i see your point and understand the frustatrion of the fans but really what can we do? the only message the fans can send is stop spending money on tickets on beer on jerseys. stop going to games.

#37-#93-#27* 01-21-2004 10:51 AM

Quote:

i don't think the kids are ready. lets face it tjutin would be playing but he got hurt. lampman almost made the team out of training camp. moore would step in if messier got hurt. most of our prospects are in college or in europe. it is not like they can just join the team. i don't think anybody can judge the "sather kids" for a few years.
JR i see your point and understand the frustatrion of the fans but really what can we do? the only message the fans can send is stop spending money on tickets on beer on jerseys. stop going to games.

Tjutin I'll agree with but why did Sather feel the need to sign De Vries, Mironov and trade for Poti? This is all after Lampman almost made the team out of training camp.

Bluenote13 01-21-2004 10:55 AM

Don't rule out Poti (plus others) in a deal for O'Neil, don't automatically assume it's for Tyutin. I just know that first round pick is burning a hole thru Slat's slacks!

Son of Steinbrenner 01-21-2004 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Tjutin I'll agree with but why did Sather feel the need to sign De Vries, Mironov and trade for Poti? This is all after Lampman almost made the team out of training camp.

i think de vies was really good before he got hurt. signing mironov wasn't his worst move. his worst move was the poti trade. not because i regret trading mike york but because he could have gotten more for york. from what i saw during the preseason and from some hartford games lampman is an nhl defenseman and right now is better than purinton.

#37-#93-#27* 01-21-2004 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Don't rule out Poti (plus others) in a deal for O'Neil, don't automatically assume it's for Tyutin. I just know that first round pick is burning a hole thru Slat's slacks!

Is there any sort of rumor that he's actually available or that we're actually going to trade for him? I wouldn't mind seeing O'neill here as long as Carter goes the other way.