HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Question..Bure.. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=45547)

TheBigBadB 01-21-2004 09:35 AM

Question..Bure..

Is Bure coming back..or is he done?

He use to be my favorite player when he was on the Canucks..I havent seen him around lately...I know he has been injuried..How bad is it? Any info..thanks

I hope he comes back

#37-#93-#27* 01-21-2004 10:29 AM

No one here would know. Most likely he's done just waiting till he gets his 10 mill check then will announce his retirement.

TheBigBadB 01-21-2004 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
No one here would know. Most likely he's done just waiting till he gets his 10 mill check then will announce his retirement.

ugh..that sad..I'll miss the Russian Rocket..he was a great goal scorer..

deathbear 01-21-2004 11:53 AM

in a recent interview (within a week), valeri bure told a toronto newspaper (i forget which one, i can look it up though), that his brother has no plans of retiring and hopes to come back.

and you know what guys...dont say hes just sitting around collecting his money. how many of you, if you were worth 10's of millions of dollars would be willing to come back to the game after hurting yourself's so many times? i know i sure wouldnt.

heres to hoping he's back for the world cup!

#37-#93-#27* 01-21-2004 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathbear
in a recent interview (within a week), valeri bure told a toronto newspaper (i forget which one, i can look it up though), that his brother has no plans of retiring and hopes to come back.

and you know what guys...dont say hes just sitting around collecting his money. how many of you, if you were worth 10's of millions of dollars would be willing to come back to the game after hurting yourself's so many times? i know i sure wouldnt.

heres to hoping he's back for the world cup!

He is sitting back and collecting his money. Tell me how he's going to come back when he feels pain when he walks.

dedalus 01-21-2004 08:31 PM

More old damaged goods. Who cares? Move on.

deathbear 01-22-2004 12:54 AM

so then what do you recommend mr richter? should he give the money back? 8 million of it is coming from the insurance company anyway.

dedalus, youre comment makes me wish i could scream at you and have my saliva fly out of my mouth and hit your face, enveloping you in a pasty mucus. ;) i care! can you tell?

#37-#93-#27* 01-22-2004 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathbear
so then what do you recommend mr richter? should he give the money back? 8 million of it is coming from the insurance company anyway.

dedalus, youre comment makes me wish i could scream at you and have my saliva fly out of my mouth and hit your face, enveloping you in a pasty mucus. ;) i care! can you tell?

Do you see anyone complaining about him collecting money?

Theoren Fan 01-22-2004 02:06 PM

It's a damned shame because out of all the superstars this team has traded for, Bure may have been the only one that played like one.

The same cannot be said for guys like Lindros or Kovalev.

Bure9* 01-22-2004 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Fan
It's a damned shame because out of all the superstars this team has traded for, Bure may have been the only one that played like one.

Very true. Bure wanted to be here and the fans did, as well. Anybody remember his first game as a Ranger against Vancouver? The guy was smiles the whole night even though the fans might have helped that by cheering every time they showed him on the board.

RushingRocket 01-22-2004 04:02 PM

Quote:

Lindros was taking on money, but at least we had the right idea by dumping HLAVAC and Brendl on them...(though Brendl just got called up and has been playing alright, anybody notice?)

Lindros may not be a superstar, but he hasn't exactly been stinking up the place, or proved his worse than what we gave up...he's matured a lot...

That said, having Bure back would give us a lot of hope... that and a new coach might get us into the playoffs

Shadowrunner 01-22-2004 05:32 PM

If Bure were playing even at 50%, he would singlehandedly give us that 8-10 points that would propel us from 10th spot to 7th. Don't doubt that.

Edge 01-22-2004 05:41 PM

what's really sad is that a hurt bure last season was more effective than kovalev and carter our two current RW's have been.

I've never seen anyone work at such high speeds as him {and have the hands to match} with the possible exception being paul kariya. if you EVER get a chance to see, get as close of seats as possible and watch his hands. the guy makes it look easier. you dont realize how fast guys like bure and kariya are until you see it up close.

#37-#93-#27* 01-22-2004 06:08 PM

Quote:

This team is cursed!

He's also the only one that probably elevated his game once he got here. Yes he might have not been the goal scorer he was in the early 90's but his all around game was incredible, interesting how quick he learned to play defense. He actually liked it here.

Edge 01-22-2004 06:11 PM

i dunno 12 goals in his first 12 games says he hadn't toally lost it.

Fact is the guy was probably even more dangerous seeing as he managed to nearly net 60 twice for Florida of all teams and in a much, much much more defensive NHL than the one he scored 120 goals in two years in.