HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs are playing interesting hockey!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=45610)

Joe Cole 01-21-2004 01:17 PM

Habs are playing interesting hockey!!!
 
For the first time in a long time, the Habs are playing some entertaining hockey. Nice touch passes (Ribs pass to Zed against the Flyers), good hits (Koivu on Vandermeer), solid D, and a nice PP.

For years, it has been hard to be a Habs fan, all the ribbing about Therrien's outburst against Carolina, Brisebois' nervous play, Witehall, Lind, Darby, Poulin, Laflamme, Deslisle, Chouinard, Ronan etc.... Tremblay holding practices on shooting against the boards and fighting with players openly...oye. ;)

Now, the Canadiens have become much more consistant. We may have even developped a player or two at the pro level. It's been a long time since we have been able to say that without crossing our fingers behind our back.

Good days. We should enjoy this stretch. :yo:

Gros Bill 01-21-2004 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cole
For the first time in a long time, the Habs are playing some entertaining hockey. Nice touch passes (Ribs pass to Zed against the Flyers), good hits (Koivu on Vandermeer), solid D, and a nice PP.

For years, it has been hard to be a Habs fan, all the ribbing about Therrien's outburst against Carolina, Brisebois' nervous play, Witehall, Lind, Darby, Poulin, Laflamme, Deslisle, Chouinard, Ronan etc.... Tremblay holding practices on shooting against the boards and fighting with players openly...oye. ;)

Now, the Canadiens have become much more consistant. We may have even developped a player or two at the pro level. It's been a long time since we have been able to say that without crossing our fingers behind our back.

Good days. We should enjoy this stretch. :yo:

You're absolutely right, Joe. I for one am enjoying this little ride. Don't know where it will end, but it's a fun trip.

LPHabsFan 01-21-2004 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cole
For the first time in a long time, the Habs are playing some entertaining hockey. Nice touch passes (Ribs pass to Zed against the Flyers), good hits (Koivu on Vandermeer), solid D, and a nice PP.

For years, it has been hard to be a Habs fan, all the ribbing about Therrien's outburst against Carolina, Brisebois' nervous play, Witehall, Lind, Darby, Poulin, Laflamme, Deslisle, Chouinard, Ronan etc.... Tremblay holding practices on shooting against the boards and fighting with players openly...oye. ;)

Now, the Canadiens have become much more consistant. We may have even developped a player or two at the pro level. It's been a long time since we have been able to say that without crossing our fingers behind our back.

Good days. We should enjoy this stretch. :yo:

I can somewhat agree with you. The only thing im not sure about is the fact that they don't ALWAYS play like that. They have the ability to play extremely well like they did against Philly and St-Louis, but then they can have games like they did against Tampa, Atlanta, and the Rags. When they decide to skate, they are entertaining but if not, then its very dull.

Darz 01-21-2004 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
I can somewhat agree with you. The only thing im not sure about is the fact that they don't ALWAYS play like that. They have the ability to play extremely well like they did against Philly and St-Louis, but then they can have games like they did against Tampa, Atlanta, and the Rags. When they decide to skate, they are entertaining but if not, then its very dull.

Agreed, but remember in the games you are refering to we did win one, tie one and lose one.

When is the last time we played three games well under the level we can play at and still got 3 out of a possible 6 points?

All-Star 01-21-2004 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
I can somewhat agree with you. The only thing im not sure about is the fact that they don't ALWAYS play like that. They have the ability to play extremely well like they did against Philly and St-Louis, but then they can have games like they did against Tampa, Atlanta, and the Rags. When they decide to skate, they are entertaining but if not, then its very dull.

Well considering the fact that the team's consistency is up by about 100% compared to last year, I don't mind that they aren't perfect. All teams have bad games; even the Sens... The good teams are the ones that still manage to earn some points when they are playing badly....

LPHabsFan 01-21-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star
Well considering the fact that the team's consistency is up by about 100% compared to last year, I don't mind that they aren't perfect. All teams have bad games; even the Sens... The good teams are the ones that still manage to earn some points when they are playing badly....

I understand what you guys are saying but the topic was about the habs playing interesting hockey, not how they win.

smnhppu 01-21-2004 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star
Well considering the fact that the team's consistency is up by about 100% compared to last year, I don't mind that they aren't perfect. All teams have bad games; even the Sens... The good teams are the ones that still manage to earn some points when they are playing badly....

Beyond that, we haven't really had a real slump. After every bad game (sometimes two) we manage to turn it around and puit a strong game together. That speaks volume for the leadership of the team, and the character of our players.

habsfan19 01-21-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cole
For the first time in a long time, the Habs are playing some entertaining hockey. Nice touch passes (Ribs pass to Zed against the Flyers), good hits (Koivu on Vandermeer), solid D, and a nice PP.

For years, it has been hard to be a Habs fan, all the ribbing about Therrien's outburst against Carolina, Brisebois' nervous play, Witehall, Lind, Darby, Poulin, Laflamme, Deslisle, Chouinard, Ronan etc.... Tremblay holding practices on shooting against the boards and fighting with players openly...oye. ;)

Now, the Canadiens have become much more consistant. We may have even developped a player or two at the pro level. It's been a long time since we have been able to say that without crossing our fingers behind our back.

Good days. We should enjoy this stretch. :yo:

we are enjoying it, hope it keeps going
Those last few years have been pretty rough


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.