HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   2008 NHL Entry Draft ISS Rankings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=456123)

Fraserburn 12-19-2007 10:35 AM

2008 NHL Entry Draft ISS Rankings
 
Going from something Enoch said in the GDT I thought I'd post the current Draft Rankings for the 08 Draft.


If the draft were to happen tomorrow with Nashville sitting with 30 Points and 14th in the West they would be drafting 3rd Overall (assuming the lottery didnt change anything).
If Nashville has to draft that high and they arent 1st overall they almost have to take one of these potential stud defensemen. Doughty especially is getting alot of pub

Top 30 Skaters - Updated December 18, 2007

No. Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Shot DoB Team
1. Stamkos, Steven C 5.11 178 R 2/4/90 Sarnia
2. Pietrangelo, Alex RD 6.03 192 R 1/18/90 Niagara
3. Doughty, Drew RD 5.11 213 R 12/8/89 Guelph
4. Schenn, Luke RD 6.02 210 R 11/2/89 Kelowna
5. Filatov, Nikita LW 5.11 159 L 5/25/90 Moscow CSKA-2
6. Hodgson, Cody C 5.11 182 R 2/18/90 Brampton
7. Beach, Kyle C 6.03 202 R 1/13/90 Everett
8. Teubert, Colten RD 6.04 181 R 3/8/90 Regina
9. Boychuk, Zac C 5.09 176 L 10/4/89 Lethbridge
10. Bogosian, Zach RD 6.01 185 R 7/15/90 Peterborough
11. Wilson, Colin C 6.01 208 L 10/20/89 Boston U.
12. Bailey, Joshua C 5.11 167 L 10/2/89 Windsor
13. Motin, Johan LD 6.01 200 R 10/10/89 Farjestad
14. Wright, James C 6.02 174 L 3/24/90 Vancouver
15. Wahl, Mitch C 6.00 185 R 1/22/90 Spokane
16. Del Zotto, Michael LD 5.11 200 L 6/24/90 Oshawa
17. Eberle, Jordan C 5.10 172 R 5/15/90 Regina
18. Nemisz, Greg C 6.03 201 C 6/6/90 Windsor
19. Voynov, Vyacheslav LD 5.11 180 R 1/15/90 Chelyabinsk Traktor
20. Boedker, Mikkel LW 5.11 196 L 12/16/89 Kitchener
21. Toews, David LW 5.11 185 L 6/7/90 U. North Dakota
22. Tedenby, Mattias LW 5.09 161 L 2/21/90 HV71
23. Lalonde, Shawn RD 6.01 175 R 3/10/90 Belleville
24. Stefanovich, Mikhail C 6.02 200 R 11/27/89 Quebec
25. Jenks, A.J. C 6.02 199 L 6/27/90 Plymouth
26. Tessier, Kelsey C 5.08 163 L 1/16/90 Quebec
27. Cuma, Tyler LD 6.00 175 L 1/19/90 Ottawa
28. Livingston, James RW 6.01 198 R 3/8/90 Sault Sainte Marie
29. Colborne, Joe LW 6.04 195 L 1/30/90 Camrose (AJHL)
30. Grachev, Evgeny C 6.03 202 R 2/21/90 Yaroslavl

Top 5 Goaltenders - Updated December 18

No. Player Ht. Wt. Catch DoB Team
1. Mayer, Robert 6.00 176 L 10/9/89 Kloten
2. Sateri, Harri 6.00 190 L 12/29/89 Tappara
3. Markstrom, Jacob 6.02 165 L 1/31/90 Brynas
4. McCollum, Tom 6.1 196 L 12/7/89 Guelph
5. Delmas, Peter 6.01.5 172 L 2/16/90 Lewiston

Joe T Choker 12-19-2007 10:51 AM

my suggestions are in bold ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraserburn (Post 11692594)
Going from something Enoch said in the GDT I thought I'd post the current Draft Rankings for the 08 Draft.


If the draft were to happen tomorrow with Nashville sitting with 30 Points and 14th in the West they would be drafting 3rd Overall (assuming the lottery didnt change anything).
If Nashville has to draft that high and they arent 1st overall they almost have to take one of these potential stud defensemen. Doughty especially is getting alot of pub

Top 30 Skaters - Updated December 18, 2007

No. Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Shot DoB Team
1. Stamkos, Steven C 5.11 178 R 2/4/90 Sarnia
2. Pietrangelo, Alex RD 6.03 192 R 1/18/90 Niagara
3. Doughty, Drew RD 5.11 213 R 12/8/89 Guelph
4. Schenn, Luke RD 6.02 210 R 11/2/89 Kelowna
5. Filatov, Nikita LW 5.11 159 L 5/25/90 Moscow CSKA-2
6. Hodgson, Cody C 5.11 182 R 2/18/90 Brampton
7. Beach, Kyle C 6.03 202 R 1/13/90 Everett

8. Teubert, Colten RD 6.04 181 R 3/8/90 Regina
9. Boychuk, Zac C 5.09 176 L 10/4/89 Lethbridge
10. Bogosian, Zach RD 6.01 185 R 7/15/90 Peterborough
11. Wilson, Colin C 6.01 208 L 10/20/89 Boston U.
12. Bailey, Joshua C 5.11 167 L 10/2/89 Windsor
13. Motin, Johan LD 6.01 200 R 10/10/89 Farjestad
14. Wright, James C 6.02 174 L 3/24/90 Vancouver
15. Wahl, Mitch C 6.00 185 R 1/22/90 Spokane

16. Del Zotto, Michael LD 5.11 200 L 6/24/90 Oshawa
17. Eberle, Jordan C 5.10 172 R 5/15/90 Regina
18. Nemisz, Greg C 6.03 201 C 6/6/90 Windsor

19. Voynov, Vyacheslav LD 5.11 180 R 1/15/90 Chelyabinsk Traktor
20. Boedker, Mikkel LW 5.11 196 L 12/16/89 Kitchener
21. Toews, David LW 5.11 185 L 6/7/90 U. North Dakota

22. Tedenby, Mattias LW 5.09 161 L 2/21/90 HV71
23. Lalonde, Shawn RD 6.01 175 R 3/10/90 Belleville
24. Stefanovich, Mikhail C 6.02 200 R 11/27/89 Quebec
25. Jenks, A.J. C 6.02 199 L 6/27/90 Plymouth
26. Tessier, Kelsey C 5.08 163 L 1/16/90 Quebec

27. Cuma, Tyler LD 6.00 175 L 1/19/90 Ottawa
28. Livingston, James RW 6.01 198 R 3/8/90 Sault Sainte Marie
29. Colborne, Joe LW 6.04 195 L 1/30/90 Camrose (AJHL)

30. Grachev, Evgeny C 6.03 202 R 2/21/90 Yaroslavl

Top 5 Goaltenders - Updated December 18

No. Player Ht. Wt. Catch DoB Team
1. Mayer, Robert 6.00 176 L 10/9/89 Kloten
2. Sateri, Harri 6.00 190 L 12/29/89 Tappara
3. Markstrom, Jacob 6.02 165 L 1/31/90 Brynas
4. McCollum, Tom 6.1 196 L 12/7/89 Guelph
5. Delmas, Peter 6.01.5 172 L 2/16/90 Lewiston

see a trend?

Fraserburn 12-19-2007 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Trotz (Post 11692807)
see a trend?

You've bolded several high end draft picks who if drafted by Nashville proceed to be stunted developmentally by Trotz?

Joe T Choker 12-19-2007 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraserburn (Post 11692914)
You've bolded several high end draft picks who if drafted by Nashville proceed to be stunted developmentally by Trotz?

that's part 1 ... part 2 is that a) they're all north americans and b) they're all forwards

hfboardsuser 12-19-2007 11:21 AM

The Preds are in a tough position that way. It's clear you need a stud forward or two and not more D, but D just happens to be the overwhelming BPA after Stamkos.

I see an interesting trade opportunity opening up if the Kings land the first overall and the Preds third.

To LA: 3rd Overall, Dan Hamhuis
To Nash: 1st Overall

It's an overpay- no question- but Stamkos is THE forward.

Erat-Stamkos-Radulov

Weber-Zidlicky

Ellis

Joe T Choker 12-19-2007 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bugg (Post 11693165)
The Preds are in a tough position that way. It's clear you need a stud forward or two and not more D, but D just happens to be the overwhelming BPA after Stamkos.

I see an interesting trade opportunity opening up if the Kings land the first overall and the Preds third.

To LA: 3rd Overall, Dan Hamhuis
To Nash: 1st Overall

It's an overpay- no question- but Stamkos is THE forward.

Erat-Stamkos-Radulov

Weber-Zidlicky

Ellis

how about our first & florida's first for Stamkos ... IF the Kings end up with #1 overall

Fraserburn 12-19-2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Trotz (Post 11693288)
how about our first & florida's first for Stamkos ... IF the Kings end up with #1 overall


The Florida 1st rounder is this year correct?


If the 1st and Hamhuis wasnt overpayment for Stamkos then 2 high 1sts is definitely overpayment

The Stamkos Show is downright good
I see him regularily, but in the long run I think keeping those 2 1sts
drafting Doughty and Colin Wilson will help you alot more

They are 2 blue chip prospects you will have in your system
which means 2 highly tradeable commodities in 09 if you want to take a run at getting Tavares

Doughty is a defensive prospect that would replace what you lost when you traded Parent away

Wilson is a center in the Legwand mold. He's American too which I believe should be desirable for the organization
Quote:

Bob McKenzie: Colin Wilson is a product of the U.S. Under-18 program and will be a freshman this season at BU, but he is also a product of the Winnipeg minor hockey system. Wilson is the son of former NHLer and Canadian Olympian Carey Wilson and while he was born in the U.S. and will now wear their colors, the all-around centre grew up in Winnipeg. Wilson was omitted on two ballots but was as high as No. 2 on one scout's list.
Cant go wrong with those Bloodlines

With LA I dont think they feel the need to move down
They traded for D prospect Jack Johnson and then drafted D Thomas Hickey in the 1st round last year...they're almost as well stocked on the back end than Nashville is. They have standout goalie Jonathan Bernier backstopping Team Canada right now. They'll be eying Stamkos as much as Nashville is I guarantee it

hfboardsuser 12-19-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraserburn (Post 11693443)
Wilson is a center in the Legwand mold. He's American too which I believe should be desirable for the organization

Legwand is a great comparison for Wilson, but therein lies in the problem. The Preds, and fans can correct me if I'm wrong, need a dynamic scoring forward- NOT another two-way center.

Quote:

With LA I dont think they feel the need to move down
They traded for D prospect Jack Johnson and then drafted D Thomas Hickey in the 1st round last year...they're almost as well stocked on the back end than Nashville is. They have standout goalie Jonathan Bernier backstopping Team Canada right now. They'll be eying Stamkos as much as Nashville is I guarantee it
I don't agree. LA's top six looks like this:

Cammalleri-Kopitar-Brown
Frolov-O'Sullivan-Rotating

They have Tukonen, Moller, Boyle, Purcell and others who will eventually challenge for that winger spot.

Meanwhile, on D, you're right- Hickey and JJ are studs. And Visnovsky is already one. But that's it. Everyone else has borderline top four potential. I personally would much rather have Visnovksy-Hamhuis JJ-Doughty/Pietrangelo than have to force Patrick O'Sullivan to the third or fourth line.

You might suggest trading Frolov or O'Sullivan to make room, but that doesn't make sense either. The return for either forward would be almost assuredly less than a potential franchise rearguard. It's just not good asset management.

Fraserburn 12-19-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bugg (Post 11693793)
Legwand is a great comparison for Wilson, but therein lies in the problem. The Preds, and fans can correct me if I'm wrong, need a dynamic scoring forward- NOT another two-way center.



I don't agree. LA's top six looks like this:

Cammalleri-Kopitar-Brown
Frolov-O'Sullivan-Rotating

They have Tukonen, Moller, Boyle, Purcell and others who will eventually challenge for that winger spot.

Meanwhile, on D, you're right- Hickey and JJ are studs. And Visnovsky is already one. But that's it. Everyone else has borderline top four potential. I personally would much rather have Visnovksy-Hamhuis JJ-Doughty/Pietrangelo than have to force Patrick O'Sullivan to the third or fourth line.

You might suggest trading Frolov or O'Sullivan to make room, but that doesn't make sense either. The return for either forward would be almost assuredly less than a potential franchise rearguard. It's just not good asset management.

I'm personally of the mind that O'Sullivan is not only overrated, but has serious attitude problems and doesnt have much potential at this level so Its not so much "Forcing" him to the 3rd line in my mind but that he's likely destined to be there in the first place.

Having Visnovsky Johnson Hickey anchoring your D-core thats pretty much all a team should alocate to Defense if you want to have a dynamic offense. LA will have trouble fitting any more D-men under the NHL cap let alone their owner imposed cap.

Look at what Anaheim did last year. They had Pronger/Niedermeyer (yes 2 Norris calibre d-men, but i think my argument still applies) they trotted out Beauchemin, O'Donnell, Huskins & Dipenta

2 Studs and 4 hard workers.

You also lose the high end forwards to free agency more often than you do with your Defense.

I see your point though and its been said before that when you're drafting this high on the board there really is no wrong answer (Daigle :sarcasm:) I'm just of the opinion that it behooves a team going through a mini reload like the Preds have to do thanks to their ownership struggles this past off season to keep as many draft picks as they can even if it means they get another Franchise D-man instead of a forward. You can always poach a established forward from Free Agency in the summer



OF course it might make sense to keep an eye on how Jon Blum does in the World Juniors next week. If he outplays a guy like Doughty then maybe you do make your move....Its somethin I need to put more thought into

Gnashville 12-19-2007 09:29 PM

At least there won't be a long wait for the Preds' pick this year. If they waste another 2 1st round picks on defensmen I'll scream. The need is for players that can PUT THE FRIGGING PUCK IN THE NET!!!!!! Radulov is the only player we have ever drafted that can create Offense, and he fell to at least 10 spots into Poile's lap.

Testify 12-20-2007 06:13 AM

I think that drafting Stefanovich for Nashville would be a wrong choice.

Stefano is the kind of player that Trotz would burry. He isnt really a hard worker and is, imo, inconsistant. Atleast thats what I can tell you from seeing him about 20 games so far.

But when his game is on... he is really a great player. He has the size and the skills!

Just my 2 cents

Gnashville 12-20-2007 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Testify (Post 11703149)
I think that drafting Stefanovich for Nashville would be a wrong choice.

Stefano is the kind of player that Trotz would burry. He isnt really a hard worker and is, imo, inconsistant. Atleast thats what I can tell you from seeing him about 20 games so far.

But when his game is on... he is really a great player. He has the size and the skills!

Just my 2 cents

What about Tessier?????

barrytrotzsneck 12-20-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnashville2 (Post 11709262)
What about Tessier?????

I know he's still young, but I'm not really interested in a 5'8 forward.

Testify 12-20-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 11709601)
I know he's still young, but I'm not really interested in a 5'8 forward.

Great point.

I can't say bad things about Tessier in a junior world.

I was REALLLY surprised to see him in a top30 like that. I might be wrong, but I dont think he deserved to be there.

Tho that kid has heart, and works hard!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.