HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Petr Sykora's value (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=45666)

not quite yoda 01-21-2004 05:02 PM

Petr Sykora's value

Just out of curiosity, what is Petr Sykora's trade value? The Ducks are probably not interested in moving him as he and Prospal are their two only wingers with true high goal scoring history.But nevertheless, what could be had for him from your favourite team?

Ajacied 01-21-2004 05:06 PM

Steve Ott, Niko Kapanen and our first round pick (10th/19th)..

I'd do everything to get Sykora and Arnie re-united..

Morrow - Arnott - Sykora..

Could be something..

Garry Valk 01-21-2004 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God

Could be something..

Hmm....

Ok, Habs:

We'd give up Bulis and a 3rd.

Ajacied 01-21-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry Valk
Hmm....

Ok, Habs:

How is that even close to fair value, it's not even close to my offer to be honest..

not quite yoda 01-21-2004 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry Valk
Hmm....

Ok, Habs:

I don't like any of the two offers so far but this Bulis deal is what gives Hab posters a bad name. If you're only going to give up one interesting asset, his stats or value has to at least be in the same ballpark as the player you're going after. Sykora has been around for a while; he has prooven that he will score a minimum of 20 goals a season, perhaps over 30. Bulis good... but a two-way third line winger.

neelynugs 01-21-2004 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
I don't like any of the two offers so far but this Bulis deal is what gives Hab posters a bad name. If you're only going to give up one interesting asset, his stats or value has to at least be in the same ballpark as the player you're going after. Sykora has been around for a while; he has prooven that he will score a minimum of 20 goals a season, perhaps over 30. Bulis good... but a two-way third line winger.

:lol:
so typical though :joker:

Mizral 01-21-2004 05:32 PM

M=G won't like this, but what about Morrow for Sykora? Seems to fit both teams' needs.

BruinFan42 01-21-2004 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral
M=G won't like this, but what about Morrow for Sykora? Seems to fit both teams' needs.

What idea has he liked concerning Dallas that he hasn't proposed?

Buda 01-21-2004 06:42 PM

Let's not forget Sykora's sallary: 4.2 mil $
Ouch. :mad:

McDonald19 01-21-2004 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God

Could be something..

I like Ott and the first...can you offer a North American D-Man prospect instead of the young European forward Kapanen(we have enough of that type of player) for the third part of the return??

McDonald19 01-21-2004 08:21 PM

Quote:

Deal!

Ozy_Flame 01-21-2004 08:26 PM

Sykora? I'd offer Lydman and Saprykin, no questions asked. Maybe it's not as good as the Dallas one, but certain Lydman and Sappy can help you out no and in the future. Lydman is a top-four defenseman, and Sappy can play top-six. Maybe playing with a fellow countryman like Federov will boost his game.

PK* 01-21-2004 08:49 PM

The Habs dont' really need another RW with Zednik, Ryder and Balej knocking on the door, but my offer would be Richard Zednik and François Beauchemin (good all-around defensman prospect, led the AHL in +/- last year) . That's the most I could see the Habs give up for Sykora and I'm thinking it's not enough. I believe a more accurate offer would be something like Zednik and Hainsey but most of our prospects are untouchable (Komisarek, Hainsey, Perezhogin, Higgins and Balej). Gainey will only make a trade this year if it's an offer he can't refuse and likely for a big right-handed center, so the Ducks and Habs wouldn't be good trading partners.

BTW, can I ask my fellow Habs' fans to do a little research before posting trade ideas ? things like Bulis and a 3rd for Sykora are what gives us a bad reputation. Thanks.

Kvashinator12 01-21-2004 11:01 PM

How about

Parrish, Niinimaa, and Blake

for

\Vishnevski and Sykora

not quite yoda 01-21-2004 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvashinator12

for

\Vishnevski and Sykora

That sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Ajacied 01-22-2004 01:10 AM

Quote:

Ofcourse I don't like it, trading Morrow would make the aquisition of Sykora lateral at best. Morrow is all the Stars aren't, and he's not open for dicussions.

Burke's Evil Spirit 01-22-2004 01:16 AM

Quote:

for

Vishnevski and Sykora

I'd do this, if I was either team.

Randall Graves* 01-22-2004 01:20 AM

I doubt the Ducks would trade Sykora he just turned 27 however I am concerned with his numbers going down on a year to year basis...however tonight he played much better with Fedorov OUT of the lineup...how about Fedorov for Morrow and a 1st M=G?

Randall Graves* 01-22-2004 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
I'd do this, if I was either team.

I wouldn't Blakes attitude concerns me...he once demanded Kings coach Andy Murray that he be played more then Palffy.

Ajacied 01-22-2004 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyKiller
I doubt the Ducks would trade Sykora he just turned 27 however I am concerned with his numbers going down on a year to year basis...however tonight he played much better with Fedorov OUT of the lineup...how about Fedorov for Morrow and a 1st M=G?

Why? We already have his floating and enigmatic American version.. one is frustrating enough, thank you. That, and I sincerely doubt, Fedorov would command a Morrow in return, much less another pick which will likely be the highest Stars first rounder in like 7 years..

Randall Graves* 01-22-2004 02:02 AM

I wouldn't say Fedorov has been a floater,enigmatic perhaps. The problem is when hes on the ice guys just stand around. Tonight the ducks played as a team and they ended up playing better.

I figure if we can miss the playoffs with him we can get a prospect and miss the playoffs without him.

McDonald19 01-22-2004 04:24 AM

Quote:

for

\Vishnevski and Sykora

Ill pass...Vish has surprising been our best defensmen lately...Sykora for Parrish and Blake alone I probably still wouldn't do...We have a Jason Blake, Andy McDonald. I like Sykora a lot more than Parrish so this wouldn't interest me.