HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Shea Weber..... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=457684)

secol 12-23-2007 05:59 PM

Shea Weber.....
 
Anybody know what's up with him? He's not in the lineup tonight against CLB......hopefully it's just the flu or something......

Bourdon 12-23-2007 06:02 PM

According to Eklund, he could be on his way to a team in the NE. Trades are frozen till after christmas though.

HeShootseyScores 12-23-2007 06:09 PM

Most are speculating that it's an ankle injury that he suffered late in the game on Saturday. And that isn't too serious but enough to not play in the back to back game today.

braindead 12-23-2007 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bingobangobongo (Post 11747075)
According to Eklund, he could be on his way to a team in the NE. Trades are frozen till after christmas though.

This should keep him safely here.

Seriously, he only says a NE team inquired. You can't stop inquiries and I'd assume they call once a week to ask about Shea.

YouAreStupid 12-23-2007 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braindead (Post 11747879)
This should keep him safely here.

Seriously, he only says a NE team inquired. You can't stop inquiries and I'd assume they call once a week to ask about Shea.

I would be surprised if every team in the NHL hasn't "inquired" about Weber at some point or another.

why wouldn't you???

DontCallPlayersStuds 12-23-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bingobangobongo (Post 11747075)
According to Eklund, he could be on his way to a team in the NE. Trades are frozen till after christmas though.

I'm sure that's true, too!

:shakehead

secol 12-23-2007 09:47 PM

lol.....sorry but I personally don't really trust Eklund rumors much anymore.....and yeah, this would be a great time to try and nab Weber but I doubt NAS management is dumb enough to think Weber will be this bad much longer.....

triggrman 12-23-2007 10:03 PM

Weber's been bad? When, I missed it.

PredDave 12-23-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secol (Post 11750543)
lol.....sorry but I personally don't really trust Eklund rumors much anymore.....and yeah, this would be a great time to try and nab Weber but I doubt NAS management is dumb enough to think Weber will be this bad much longer.....

Since when did unfortunate injuries equate to "being bad" ???

I have no worries about Weber whatsoever... his future is bright.

ower 12-23-2007 10:20 PM

I think there should be a site rule that if you invoke Eklund you get locked out of you account for a week. :sarcasm:

Paincakes 12-23-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bingobangobongo (Post 11747075)
According to Eklund, he could be on his way to a team in the NE. Trades are frozen till after christmas though.

Does this mean we get to finally re-sign Kariya? (E4 GUYS!) :sarcasm:

PredsMan 12-24-2007 07:38 AM

Speaking of inquiries...

I inquired with Brad Pitt, to see if he wanted to trade women for a while. Angelina wasn't available.



people can ask for anything...now whether they get it is another thing entirely.

CaptLou 12-24-2007 08:50 AM

Trading Weber would be a worse move than trading a top tier franchise goalie in his prime and going with an unproven 30 year old whose only claim to fame was a stretch of 25 games or so in which he played well with one of the best teams in the league in front of him, and I dont thnk this franchise would do anything like that :sarcasm:

Joe T Choker 12-24-2007 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptLou (Post 11753724)
Trading Weber would be a worse move than trading a top tier franchise goalie in his prime and going with an unproven 30 year old whose only claim to fame was a stretch of 25 games or so in which he played well with one of the best teams in the league in front of him, and I dont thnk this franchise would do anything like that :sarcasm:

When your Owner tells you that he's selling the club and you have to jettison some high-priced talent (Arnott has a NMC, Hartnell & Timonen were going to get some high $ amounts for their contributions, Vokoun's new contract hadn't started yet), Poile got all he could for the selfish Vokoun, go back and read some of the articles when he was told that he'd be sharing some of the playing time with Mason (he's almost as good a teammate as Owens)

SmokeyClause 12-24-2007 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptLou (Post 11753724)
Trading Weber would be a worse move than trading a top tier franchise goalie in his prime and going with an unproven 30 year old whose only claim to fame was a stretch of 25 games or so in which he played well with one of the best teams in the league in front of him, and I dont thnk this franchise would do anything like that :sarcasm:

Add one more thing to Mason's claim to fame: statistically, he was the superior goaltender for the past three NHL seasons. It was a gamble to go with Mason, but Vokoun hasn't been a top tier franchise goalie for the Preds the past two seasons. He has been for the Panthers, however.

DontCallPlayersStuds 12-24-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptLou (Post 11753724)
Trading Weber would be a worse move than trading a top tier franchise goalie in his prime and going with an unproven 30 year old whose only claim to fame was a stretch of 25 games or so in which he played well with one of the best teams in the league in front of him, and I dont thnk this franchise would do anything like that :sarcasm:

I was about to ring you up and give you the run-down about how inconsistent Vokoun was in his last two seasons here, about how we'd go through stretches of winning games in spite of Vokoun, not because of him...but then I saw you were from Nashville. You should know that already. Vokoun wasn't a "top-tier" goaltender for quite some time. People having a nifty chant involving his name doesn't make it so.

Jarnberg 12-24-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Trotz (Post 11753871)
When your Owner tells you that he's selling the club and you have to jettison some high-priced talent (Arnott has a NMC, Hartnell & Timonen were going to get some high $ amounts for their contributions, Vokoun's new contract hadn't started yet), Poile got all he could for the selfish Vokoun, go back and read some of the articles when he was told that he'd be sharing some of the playing time with Mason (he's almost as good a teammate as Owens)

Say what you want about Vokoun's play here, but he is by no means selfish. He signed a year early for less then what he could have got because he gave us a bit of a home town discount.

It was completely overblown by Predators fans about the Mason situation last year.

Jarnberg 12-24-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptLou (Post 11753724)
Trading Weber would be a worse move than trading a top tier franchise goalie in his prime and going with an unproven 30 year old whose only claim to fame was a stretch of 25 games or so in which he played well with one of the best teams in the league in front of him, and I dont thnk this franchise would do anything like that :sarcasm:

And he tried to play if off like he was going to use that money to sign Kariya...

Agreed. Trading Weber wouldn't surprise me at this point.

handtrick 12-24-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 11754312)

It was completely overblown by Predators fans about the Mason situation last year.

I beg to differ.

I can assure you that Vokoun's statements pubically when trying to come back from back from his thumb injury did not sit well with decision makers in the Pred's organization and it caused division in the locker room, that much is clear.

Also when I asked a certain person, that was very influential in his progress while in Nashville, that it seems that the Preds have "gone the extra mile for Tomas during his time here in Nashville" his response was, "you couldn't imagine to what extent."

So, although most wish that we could have kept Vokoun and many rightly feel that Vokoun got shafted by being traded just before his raise and NTC kicked in.....there is another side to the saga that most aren't aware of.

DontCallPlayersStuds 12-24-2007 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 11754320)
And he tried to play if off like he was going to use that money to sign Kariya...

Agreed. Trading Weber wouldn't surprise me at this point.

If you'll recall, we made Kariya an offer. He turned it down because of the ownership situation...and then signed for *far* more than he's worth in STL. Trading Vokoun was to HELP sign Kariya...but also to give us money to fill out our roster by signing Bonk, DeVries and Gelinas.

Suggesting that he'd "trade Weber, because look at the moves he made this summer" is ludicrous. You know what the situation was, and you know that it's changed now. Pulling out the black helicopter\tinfoil hat conspiracy theories is both silly and beneath you.

Jarnberg 12-24-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids (Post 11756367)
If you'll recall, we made Kariya an offer.

Meh, Kariya told our media before the St.Louis game this year that he was never given an offer and that Poile told him that he would help talk to some teams for him.

Perhaps he's just lying I guess?

Quote:

Suggesting that he'd "trade Weber, because look at the moves he made this summer" is ludicrous. You know what the situation was, and you know that it's changed now. Pulling out the black helicopter\tinfoil hat conspiracy theories is both silly and beneath you.
You are overreacting here. Quite honestly, with our new ownership and the likely bottom feeder budget that we will likely have (unless we turn it around VERY quickly in the attendance problem), I could see Weber being traded to save money. Do I think its going to happen? No, but lets not forget what our situation is.

Jarnberg 12-24-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick (Post 11756264)
I beg to differ.

I can assure you that Vokoun's statements pubically when trying to come back from back from his thumb injury did not sit well with decision makers in the Pred's organization and it caused division in the locker room, that much is clear.

Also when I asked a certain person, that was very influential in his progress while in Nashville, that it seems that the Preds have "gone the extra mile for Tomas during his time here in Nashville" his response was, "you couldn't imagine to what extent."

So, although most wish that we could have kept Vokoun and many rightly feel that Vokoun got shafted by being traded just before his raise and NTC kicked in.....there is another side to the saga that most aren't aware of.

I don't have the contacts in the information, so I'll have to trust you on this.

I'm pretty disappointed by our organization if this is the case. Having a top goalie wanting to get back to playing after injuries shouldn't be a dividing line in a locker room or organization.

secol 12-24-2007 08:01 PM

Alright I don't watch a ton of Preds games......mainly a Flames fan, but from the boxscore (yes not overly reliable) Weber has been playing some PP2 and also in his last 12 games he is -8 and only has 3 points.....

nine_inch_fang 12-24-2007 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 11757502)
I don't have the contacts in the information, so I'll have to trust you on this.

I'm pretty disappointed by our organization if this is the case. Having a top goalie wanting to get back to playing after injuries shouldn't be a dividing line in a locker room or organization.

It wasn't that he wanted to get back to playing AFTER the injury. It was that he was worried about his job because he hadn't been playing well before the injury and now Mase was lighting it up so he pushed his way back into the lineup before he was healed and cost his team some games. If you look back through the threads you will see all the talk back then about this subject.

triggrman 12-26-2007 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick (Post 11756264)
I beg to differ.

I can assure you that Vokoun's statements pubically when trying to come back from back from his thumb injury did not sit well with decision makers in the Pred's organization and it caused division in the locker room, that much is clear.

Also when I asked a certain person, that was very influential in his progress while in Nashville, that it seems that the Preds have "gone the extra mile for Tomas during his time here in Nashville" his response was, "you couldn't imagine to what extent."

So, although most wish that we could have kept Vokoun and many rightly feel that Vokoun got shafted by being traded just before his raise and NTC kicked in.....there is another side to the saga that most aren't aware of.

but isn't this what we hear about everyone? Hartnell had an attitude, Walker and now Vokoun?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.