HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hey a quick question/suggestion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=458707)

Vokoun29 12-27-2007 03:11 PM

Hey a quick question/suggestion

:yo:, I know alot of you love Tomas Vokoun and are missing him, he has been sensational this seaon after a slow start to the year, but it is apparent no one has given him recognition for his great play, and he might get snubbed out of the All-Star game :scared:, so if you have not yet voted or plan to vote keep put Tomas on that Eastern Conference Goalie Ballot :handclap::handclap::thumbu:

http://fanballoting.nhl.com/

PredDave 12-27-2007 03:33 PM

The All-Star Game and the Olympics are a dual edged sword. While you want to showcase your players, sometimes they get INJURED or get their confidence shaken (due to allowing too many soft goals).

Be careful what you wish for, Florida may hand us the first overall selection in this year's draft ---> Stamkos! :yo:

Seriously, I wish the best for Vokoun. I always liked him while he was here...

Vokoun29 12-27-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredDave (Post 11780784)
The All-Star Game and the Olympics are a dual edged sword. While you want to showcase your players, sometimes they get INJURED or get their confidence shaken (due to allowing too many soft goals).

Be careful what you wish for, Florida may hand us the first overall selection in this year's draft ---> Stamkos! :yo:

Seriously, I wish the best for Vokoun. I always liked him while he was here...

I don't agree 100% with what's in your first paragraph but that should only apply to players that are trying to showoff or trying to do to much, mainly that's a young guy.

That pick will not be a lottery pick and don't be surprised if it's the pick before the first pick of the second round pick :p: ;).

Gnashville 12-27-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsWinPanthersLetsW (Post 11780893)
That pick will not be a lottery pick and don't be surprised if it's the pick before the first pick of the second round pick :p: ;).

Trust me No Predators' fan is cheering against TV even if it means we pick 30th. He is 100% pure class. God I loathe Basillie (it's his fault we traded him in the 1st place may he rot in hell):rant::rant:

Jarnberg 12-27-2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnashville2 (Post 11781492)
Trust me No Predators' fan is cheering against TV even if it means we pick 30th. He is 100% pure class. God I loathe Basillie (it's his fault we traded him in the 1st place may he rot in hell):rant::rant:

Not Balsillie, Leipold.

SmokeyClause 12-27-2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

You guys are a freak Vokoun injury from being a lottery team. Not saying it'll happen, but it is Vokoun. And if the Panthers win the Cup, I'll personally buy a South Beach beer to the first Panthers fan who asks (that's the equivalent of 10 beers in normal parts of the world).

dulzhok 01-04-2008 03:46 PM

Panthers are point behind us for the 6th lottery pick (and they've played two more games). Granted, they are also 2 points out of the 8th playoff spot. These standing are extremely close in both conferences. I really have no idea what's to happen the rest of the season. I guess that's what they call parity.

If we lose, I'd rather lose big. Our plethora of 5th-7th overall picks the first few years prevented us from becoming a dominant team. We sucked, but were just good enough not to have an opportunity to draft a superstar. Who'd like to have Gaborik over Hartnell? Nash over Upshall? Stall over Suter?

Enoch 01-04-2008 08:14 PM

I think this may be the year we put a package together for the 1st overall pick, especially if we land a top 6 pick and another top 15 pick.

quartermaster29 01-07-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

I don't agree 100% with what's in your first paragraph but that should only apply to players that are trying to showoff or trying to do to much, mainly that's a young guy.

What Preddave was alluding to is that Vokoun has historically put forth a world class dump in games following exposure in the All-star/Olympics. Like in the first game this year when he was lit up like a Christmas tree in that annoying neighbors yard? Same thing. He can bounce back and tends to do so, just be careful what you wish for regarding Vokoun going to the All Star events.