HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyers aquire Timmander from the Isles (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=45899)

NAILS 01-22-2004 10:15 AM

Flyers acquire Timmander from the Isles

For a pick. It is on the FLyers website scrolling across the top. He is a #6 d-man, but is a stop gap until the injured guys come back.

blah 01-22-2004 10:16 AM

7th round pick I think. Does he have to clear waivers to be sent down?

Rex88 01-22-2004 10:33 AM

Nice move for depth and to stay competitive.
We can get that pick back for Timmander or Therien at the deadline if we all of the sudden see a glut of Dmen.
BC has taken a beating for the Markov deal but I think it will work out in our favour. He has to get some credit here, NYR wanted anyone who could skate backwards and to get this guy for next to nothing is a steal - will be great to show Sather how to get two NHL Dmen into a lineup quickly tonight.
85 games for the NYI last two years and was E overall - only 5 games this year though and back and forth to the AHL. Hope he is ready to play some.

Flyers26 01-22-2004 11:13 AM

Link to the Islander website:
http://newyorkislanders.com/news/timander012204.html

Blindside9711 01-22-2004 11:19 AM

Like NAILS said, it's only a stop-gap move. It does however give us some depth at defense, especially while we're on the mend back there. This game should be good for watching Flyers turning some AHL d-men with a little speed.

Flyman 01-22-2004 12:05 PM

At least, with a 7th rounder, it hasn't cost so much! :joker:

Toonces 01-22-2004 12:42 PM

Anything that keeps John Slaney out of the lineup.

(sorry John Slaney fans)

303Joe 01-22-2004 12:52 PM

Good depth pick up for you guys..

he only cost a 7th rounder. Good pick up considering how many d-men are hurt. He played pretty good for the Isles last year. This year he never got into the groove he had something wrong w/ him in training camp and once he got healthy they already had the d set. I would much rather see him than Butchesonor Martinek but I don't run the team. Also heard soemthing about Milbury being unhappy with him because either the shape he was in or was doing a little to much partying. Also i believe he was a supporter of laviolette and once he was gone that didn't sit well w/ Milbury. Oh well whatever iit was yu guys got a decent 5-7 d-man for pretty much nothing. Good pick-up and please smack the rangers around tonight. Thanks.

Green Mile 01-22-2004 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonces
Anything that keeps John Slaney out of the lineup.

(sorry John Slaney fans)

He's the next Gonchar though.

He has been for 10 years now. :dazzle:

IronMarshal 01-22-2004 05:46 PM

Wow! A free NHL defenseman! Nice move.

GKJ 01-22-2004 06:00 PM

According to the Flyers website, Timander will be wearing #3

stardog 01-22-2004 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex88
Nice move for depth and to stay competitive.
We can get that pick back for Timmander or Therien at the deadline if we all of the sudden see a glut of Dmen.
BC has taken a beating for the Markov deal but I think it will work out in our favour. He has to get some credit here, NYR wanted anyone who could skate backwards and to get this guy for next to nothing is a steal - will be great to show Sather how to get two NHL Dmen into a lineup quickly tonight.
85 games for the NYI last two years and was E overall - only 5 games this year though and back and forth to the AHL. Hope he is ready to play some.

Good pickup for depth, but I'd hardly call it a "steal".

blah 01-22-2004 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardog

Anything for a 7th is a steal. Timander will prolly be w/ teh Phantoms to finish the season but oh well. The Flyers need the depth now.

Winston Wolf 01-22-2004 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardog

I'd only consider it a steal because I bet Sather would've give up more to have got Timander. Or, knowing the way Sather thinks, maybe not...

stardog 01-23-2004 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy
I'd only consider it a steal because I bet Sather would've give up more to have got Timander. Or, knowing the way Sather thinks, maybe not...

Steal is when you get something of great worth for little return. The Flyers gave up little, but I'd hardly call Tomander anything of subsequent, let alone, good worth.
IMO any player who is a fringe NHL/4th line/6th/7th d man could never be involved in a steal.