HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Weird experience which I thought should have been a goal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=459037)

NYRMatt 12-28-2007 03:18 PM

Weird experience which I thought should have been a goal

So I had a high school ice hockey game and the puck flew in the air. I swatted it down and it hit the post and rebounded off their goalie and went in the net. It went in and it was declared no goal. Is that the right call or should it have been a goal? I wasn't extremely mad because I had a total of 4 goals in the game with my team leading 7 - 2.

WhipNash27 12-28-2007 03:52 PM

If you hit the puck above the crossbar even if it hits the goalie it's no goal. I believe the only way to negate a high stick would be if the opposing team's player actually has possession of the puck.

It's the same idea as with a delayed penalty. Unless the opposing team gains possession then the play isn't called dead. Therefore a shot on net that deflects into the net wouldn't cause the play to have died when the other team deflected the puck. They have to have had possession before the play is blown dead.

I mean possession can be redirecting the puck, but it can't be that the puck comes flying at you and just strikes your stick and bounces off.

Gino 14 12-28-2007 03:58 PM

Sounds like the right call for the reasons listed above. Highstick.

FLYLine24 12-28-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRMatt (Post 11793907)
So I had a high school ice hockey game and the puck flew in the air. I swatted it down and it hit the post and rebounded off their goalie and went in the net. It went in and it was declared no goal. Is that the right call or should it have been a goal? I wasn't extremely mad because I had a total of 4 goals in the game with my team leading 7 - 2.

Yup they made the right call. Im sure they thought it was a highstick. And it doesnt matter if it goes off the post first then hits the goalie and in.

NYRMatt 12-29-2007 03:36 PM

I swatted it with my hand though. Not my stick.

Crosbyfan 12-29-2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRMatt (Post 11806778)

No goal. If you had tipped it with the stick afterward or it went in off your hand "unswatted" it would have been OK.

YogiCanucks 12-29-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRMatt (Post 11806778)

that's even worse :handclap:

It's good that you guys didn't need the goal tho.

OilerNut* 12-29-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRMatt (Post 11793907)

You had 4 goals and your team was winning 7-2 and you were extremely upset? Take it easy man, I just hope you didn't throw a tantrum.

NYRMatt 12-29-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerNut (Post 11807921)
You had 4 goals and your team was winning 7-2 and you were extremely upset? Take it easy man, I just hope you didn't throw a tantrum.

I didn't say I was extremely upset nor mad.. It was the greatest game of hockey I have ever played and I am proud of myself and my team for the win. I just came in here to ask a simple question on whether it was a goal or not.

Stripes 12-29-2007 06:06 PM

I'm confused as to why you thought it should have been a goal. If you're playing at the high school level, you should know these kinds of rules.