HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Steve Sommers is just dreadful (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46104)

dedalus 01-22-2004 10:19 PM

Steve Sommers is just dreadful

How could a guy who talks so much about hockey know so very little? This from the former "Capt. Midnight":

"Jagr doesn't even want to leave Washington."

Steve, if you read this site at all, please pick up an issue of THN at least once each month. It will help you in getting a clue.

#37-#93-#27* 01-22-2004 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
How could a guy who talks so much about hockey know so very little? This from the former "Capt. Midnight":

Steve, if you read this site at all, please pick up an issue of THN at least once each month. It will help you in getting a clue.

They are all clueless but enjoyable listens. Joe Beningo is my favorite but he knows jack about anything not involving football. Mike Fatcessa and Steve Cohen are the only two that know something about something, just nothing to do with hockey.

Son of Steinbrenner 01-22-2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
They are all clueless but enjoyable listens. Joe Beningo is my favorite but he knows jack about anything not involving football. Mike Fatcessa and Steve Cohen are the only two that know something about something, just nothing to do with hockey.

that whole station sucks but so does espn radio. talk of our town wasn't that great either.

dedalus 01-22-2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
They are all clueless but enjoyable listens.

I disagree. They're all ignorant, and ignorance never makes for enjoyable listening.

#37-#93-#27* 01-22-2004 10:45 PM

Quote:

I disagree. They're all ignorant, and ignorance never makes for enjoyable listening.

I'm forgetting that I <b>only</b> listen to them for their Met, Knicks and Jets opinions. For hockey, I agree.

NJDevs430 01-22-2004 11:24 PM

Quote:

Steve, if you read this site at all...

If Steve Sommers reads this site at all, I have a message for him:

http://www.ooze.com/finger/assets/images/birdsre.jpg

Melrose_Jr. 01-23-2004 11:19 AM

Quote:

Brooks brings up the fact that since Cassidy was canned, Jagr's production and attitude have done a 180. I'm not saying he doesn't want to leave Washington, but the situation appears to be quite different than it was 6 weeks ago.

Washington, New York. Seems like choosing between lethal injection or electric chair to me, a lose-lose situation.

oldtimer 01-23-2004 11:39 AM

Sorry to disagree with all you guys, but Schmoozy is the only guy of all of those on the air while I am awake who knows anything about hockey and the Rangers. But he was misinformed about Jagr not wanting out of DC. He is consistently the best hockey listen, and he devotes more time to the sport than anyone else. Don't beat up on the one guy who thinks hockey is worth talking about.

RFAN 01-23-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldtimer
Sorry to disagree with all you guys, but Schmoozy is the only guy of all of those on the air while I am awake who knows anything about hockey and the Rangers. But he was misinformed about Jagr not wanting out of DC. He is consistently the best hockey listen, and he devotes more time to the sport than anyone else. Don't beat up on the one guy who thinks hockey is worth talking about.

I agree, he may be a little off but aleast he will talk about the Rangers!

303Joe 01-23-2004 01:40 PM

Sommers has been awful for about 8 yrs. now..

his hockey jokes about the isles got old quick and he just tries to say the same stuff. The guy has no knowledge of the game jsut what is printed in the papers.

dedalus 01-23-2004 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 303Joe
his hockey jokes about the isles got old quick and he just tries to say the same stuff. The guy has no knowledge of the game jsut what is printed in the papers.

Agreed. The guy will indeed talk hockey for hours, but he's more interested in schtik than in any intelligent conversation.

FACEMAN 01-23-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

Agreed. The guy will indeed talk hockey for hours, but he's more interested in schtik than in any intelligent conversation.

i used to love the guy at midnight, but now not so much. the other night he intro'd with some stupid rant about dolan which made no sense. just kept saying jimmy's name over and over and over again. for 3 minutes.

FACEMAN 01-23-2004 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 303Joe

joe agreed, his islander rants and taunts make no sense when the NYR suck and have missed the post season for 6 years.

Fire Sather 01-23-2004 06:52 PM

It will be intresting to hear Somers tonight..

Islanders4Cups 01-23-2004 10:36 PM

The only reason he is employed is because is in the union...

p.l.f. 01-23-2004 10:44 PM

i like him
he fits the goofy no brain image of ny

good comedy

does stan fishler know bobby orr has retired ?