HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Is Eric Lindros a Hall of Famer? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46186)

MiamiScreamingEagles 01-23-2004 11:25 AM

Is Eric Lindros a Hall of Famer?

Do you think Eric Lindros has the credentials to be a Hall of Famer?

kmad 01-23-2004 11:27 AM

356G, 459A, 815PTS, and no cup

I don't think so

Verbal Kint* 01-23-2004 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
Do you think Eric Lindros has the credentials to be a Hall of Famer?

Doubt it

btn 01-23-2004 11:29 AM

If he had been forced to retire before he left Philly he might have a shot, his time with the NYR has severely hurt his HOF chances.

Rowsdower 01-23-2004 11:32 AM

IMO no...though he'd be a shoe-in if not for his concussion problems...

Toonces 01-23-2004 11:34 AM

Are we talking about right now, or at the end of his career?

It Lindros is forced to retire due to injury in the next couple of years, no he won't ever be in the hall. Now if Lindros is able to play another 6-8+ years, than maby...it all depends on if he can get his game back near his pre-glass noggin days. Lastly, I imagine that Lindros is going to have to get his name on the Cup to ever be considered.

4thLineGoon 01-23-2004 11:52 AM

If he plays about 4 more years injury free and averages about 50 points per year, he'll have the same career stats as Pat LaFontaine, plus a Hart Trophy on his resume. He might not deserve it then, but he could squeak in. If he doesn't, then he's in the same boat as Pavel Bure and Cam Neely: guys who were dominant, but had short careers.

Afino 01-23-2004 12:23 PM

Sorry, there is no Hall Of Fame for pansies like Lindros. Oh wait...the REAL HOF??? Hahahaha!!!

Hydroponic Harold 01-23-2004 12:25 PM

For sure ..they are always hiring custodial engineers at the Hall ..other than buyin a ticket thats the only way E gets in .
And if he did get in , because it has become the Hall of Merely Good Players (Gillies , Federko ,LaFontaine and Langway) would his plaque feature a pic of Mom and Dad too?????? :rolly:

Skylab 01-23-2004 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afinogenov61
Sorry, there is no Hall Of Fame for pansies like Lindros. Oh wait...the REAL HOF??? Hahahaha!!!

Give me a break. What about Eric Lindros makes him a pansy? Being forced through injuries to change his game from being an incredible combination of skill and power to a more cautious contributor...
He was THE dominant power forward of his era and to call him a pansy is laughable

shveik 01-23-2004 01:03 PM

There are a few things that will prevent Lindros from entering the HOF if the vote is held NOW.

1. That "I won't play for Quebec" thing.
2. Lack of playoff success
3. The nosedive his game took after a series of concussions

Now, if he manages to bring his game up to the elite level (these days I say 70-80pts per season while playing the powerforward game would be super), and wins a Cup, he should be in.

kira 01-23-2004 01:08 PM

I have to say no.

Team_Spirit 01-23-2004 01:26 PM

You people seem to forget that we won the Hart at 22 , it's a huge achivement . He also won a couple of medals with Canada . Hopefully he'll get his 1000points in the next few years ( he's 815 now ) and when and guy put up 1000 points at this level he deserve to be there imo .

But there some negative issues too :
1. That "I won't play for Quebec" thing.
2. Lack of playoff success
3. The nosedive his game took after a series of concussions
4. Clarke VS Lindros

Mothra 01-23-2004 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydroponic Harold
For sure ..they are always hiring custodial engineers at the Hall ..other than buyin a ticket thats the only way E gets in .
And if he did get in , because it has become the Hall of Merely Good Players (Gillies , Federko ,LaFontaine and Langway) would his plaque feature a pic of Mom and Dad too?????? :rolly:

too bad you never saw Langway play......merely good....right....you win back to back Norris Trophies with "merely good" play

gocaps8 01-23-2004 01:45 PM

His parents have probably started working on getting him in already :joker:

ATG 01-23-2004 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocaps34
His parents have probably started working on getting him in already :joker:

:joker: but in all seriousness maybe a change of scenery will suit him.If he ends up landing here in Toronto in the off season I could see him again playing like they old lindros because he will be motivated to play for his home town or close to his home town

Fire Bobby Clarke 01-23-2004 07:37 PM

Considering how easy it is to get in the hall of fame these days I see him going...I am sure his PPG averages are pretty good.

leafaholix* 01-24-2004 03:18 AM

He still has a good 6-8 years left of hockey in him if he doesn't get a serious concussion. I say if he even plays 5 years, he'll hit 1100-1200 points... which may be enough to make a case for him.

But right now, no.

Yayo 01-24-2004 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afinogenov61

I'm sure that if you had as many concussions as he has, you would be a "pansy" as well.

#37-#93-#27* 01-24-2004 01:33 PM

If puts up production as he has this year for the rest of his career I don't see why not.

Quagmier 01-24-2004 01:47 PM

I don't think its an issue, as his parents have already stated that Eric would not want to join the HOCKEY hall of fame, and would seek a trade to the Rock & Roll hall of fame instead.

Mad Mike 01-24-2004 04:47 PM

Never in a million years

Brock 01-24-2004 05:00 PM

This is very similar to the whole debate of whether Terrell Davis should be in the NFL Hall of Fame.

For a period of roughly 8 years, Eric Lindros was a top 3 player in the NHL and the type of player everyone wanted to have, the type of player everyone dreamt about drafting, etc.

He's currently sitting with 815 points in 675 games and by the time his career is over (unless he gets another serious concussion, or retires for other reasons early), he should be able to hit 1000 points and close to 500 goals.

IMO Lindros is already a hall of famer right now though. Sure you see Lindros now and see a player who's having trouble cracking a point per game (kind of weird complaining about a player who's just under a PPG game). And sure he isn't the physical force he once was. But he's still chugging along and doing his thing. And I think that after this season, if he gets out of New York, he could potentially do a lot better, not to mention that he's already been playing better this season.

We aren't talking about a guy who was the best in his sport for like 3-4 years and then he disappeared, we are talking about the Big E, the center of the Legion of Doom and a guy who was quite possibly the best player in the NHL for a string of 8 years or so.

He gets my HOF vote any day of the week.

kacz 01-24-2004 05:05 PM

Right now, no

But if he continues his career with the pace he's on right now, maybe

Hydroponic Harold 01-24-2004 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quagmier
I don't think its an issue, as his parents have already stated that Eric would not want to join the HOCKEY hall of fame, and would seek a trade to the Rock & Roll hall of fame instead.

Now thats funny ...and probably true !!!! :lol: