HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Rumour: Sens get Bondra for Hnidy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46195)

p.l.f. 01-23-2004 11:53 AM

Sens get Bondra for Hnidy

its on the main board with 1000 users
good luck)

Stephen 01-23-2004 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
its on the main board with 1000 users
good luck)

Sounds like a bargain for the Sens. Washington's having a blowout sale, and everything must go!

NJ_Devil_Boy 01-23-2004 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen
Sounds like a bargain for the Sens. Washington's having a blowout sale, and everything must go!

It's not done yet...

p.l.f. 01-23-2004 12:02 PM

there must be a pick involved as well

Pinto 01-23-2004 12:03 PM

Its not offical yet, the title is mis-leading

Joey24 01-23-2004 12:04 PM

My god I hope that's not all they gave up.. if so sens got a great deal. Though I question the fact that they need another scorer.

p.l.f. 01-23-2004 12:07 PM

and jagr's packing his bags anticipating a trip to ny

Mess 01-23-2004 12:12 PM

If a 28 + year old Dman with 4 NHL goals in his career in Hnidy is all that Washington could get for Bondra....Who will be a UFA at seasons end than ...We can all conclude that the League is already bracing FOR a long STRIKE and NHL GM's are really hesitant to take on Salary even if it is short term....

and IF I READ BETWEEN THE LINES ...it means that Washington is about to rid themselves of all players that can help them win today in order to get in the Alexander Ovechkin ...sweepstakes while there is still time....

p.l.f. 01-23-2004 12:20 PM

im hearing carter for jagr

Pinto 01-23-2004 12:38 PM

How about we give them Belak for Gonchar? seems fair now :dunno:

RiellyGood 01-23-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinto80

Thats what I was thinking. This deal is absolutley disgusting for the caps (and for us because the sens get a top notch player for dick all). Now yuou watch JFJ will trade for Gonchar and it will cost us Antropov and Berg and yet SHane Hnidy, saviour of hockey in Washington, can get you Bondra. UFA or not he can attract much more then that. I bet they dont even care who they get in the trades, theyre just gonna clean house and bank on getting Ovechkin and possibly Crosby

Mess 01-23-2004 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinto80

Your post is exactly what I am thinking ...not Belak for Gonchar but ....

How come when Toronto wants a player it costs them dearly in assests and picks and then NYR add Bure and Kovalev for basically nothing but assume salary and Philly adds Amonte for nothing and Toronto has to give up McCauley,Boyes,1st for Nolan?

Ottawa may get one of the leagues premier snipers in Bondra for Hnidy and Toronto has to part with Antropov & Berg to get Gonchar???...

or even UFA ...

Strong Teams like Avs add Selanne and Kariya for less money than Toronto is paying Sundin...or Toronto gets Nolan and a few months after the playoffs Anaheim adds Sergei Federov one of the premier 2-way players in the League for just $$$$$..

Which whould you rather have:

Federov & MacCauley & Boyes & 1st
or
Nolan...

Why is that the trend????

See the trend I am speaking of....

RiellyGood 01-23-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Messenger
Your post is exactly what I am thinking ...not Belak for Gonchar but ....

How come when Toronto wants a player it costs them dearly in assests and picks and then NYR add Bure and Kovalev for basically nothing but assume salary and Philly adds Amonte for nothing and Toronto has to give up McCauley,Boyes,1st for Nolan?

Ottawa may get one of the leagues premier snipers in Bondra for Hnidy and Toronto has to part with Antropov & Berg to get Gonchar???...

or even UFA ...

Strong Teams like Avs add Selanne and Kariya for less money than Toronto is paying Sundin...or Toronto gets Nolan and a few months after the playoffs Anaheim adds Sergei Federov one of the premier 2-way players in the League for just $$$$$..

Which whould you rather have:

Federov & MacCauley & Boyes & 1st
or
Nolan...

Why is that the trend????

See the trend I am speaking of....

you, my friend, are thinking the exact same thing as me.

p.l.f. 01-23-2004 12:51 PM

bondra is a ufa, so its not great market value

taking hnidy off the sens makes them even softer ;)

Pinto 01-23-2004 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
bondra is a ufa, so its not great market value

taking hnidy off the sens makes them even softer ;)

LOL, now that I think about it......

Mess 01-23-2004 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberFan
you, my friend, are thinking the exact same thing as me.

It just bugs the HELL out of me that this is always the trends for Toronto..

Who here wouldn't be jumping for joy if we where getting Bondra for a player of Hnidy value ....Show of hands????

Bondra has 17 goals already on a poor team and a MAJOR league shot with no History of Injuries .... Wouldn't a player like that help Toronto if the cost is just a Hnidy and as Pinto joked BELAK ....

p.l.f. 01-23-2004 01:03 PM

i thought muckler wanted a 'power' forward
i guess he meant a 'power play' forward

nordique 01-23-2004 01:04 PM

Bondra sure would look good on the first line instead of Renberg...how about a right side of Bondra, Nolan and Mogilny when we're fully healthy?

Too bad.

Mess 01-23-2004 01:09 PM

If your Fergy Jr ...How do you counter act a trade like this ???

A Division rival and strong Cup contender is about to add one of the leagues Premier snipers, making them a whole lot better in light of what it takes to get him...

Hasn't the balance of Power shifted even more in Favour of Ottawa and with Philly adding Markov and Comrie are they not better this year as a result???

Hydroponic Harold 01-23-2004 01:15 PM

Sounds like the Capinots are in the race with the soon to be Winnipenguins in the Ovechkin-Crosby derbies . :rolly:

Mess 01-23-2004 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydroponic Harold
Sounds like the Capinots are in the race with the soon to be Winnipenguins in the Ovechkin-Crosby derbies . :rolly:

Apparantly it was TB that approach Winnipeg about a team not Washington..

The Score.ca analyst was talking about that the other day ...

Hydroponic Harold 01-23-2004 01:26 PM

Read my post agin ..WINNIpenguins ...but i didnt know its the Bolts ..thanks . :)

Pinto 01-23-2004 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Messenger
If your Fergy Jr ...How do you counter act a trade like this ???

I would start by offering GMGM more than hnidy for bondra

Tucker3 01-23-2004 01:50 PM

Id be happy to get bondra on the team.

A B's fan posted that he thought he may be going to the bruins. He must not be aware that a bunch of dopes and cheapskates run the bruins front office.

Verbal Kint* 01-23-2004 01:54 PM

If I was JFJ I'd phone Leonsis and request a package for Bondra and Gonchar offering up Berg Antropov and some draft picks. If he sees Ottawa running away with the deal make a bid for the both of them.