HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Road Trip to Philly Game...Please help! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=46199)

CNote 01-23-2004 12:13 PM

Road Trip to Philly Game...Please help!

hi all,

me and a buddy are heading down from Ottawa,ON for the Hawks game in Feb.

i just wondering if anyone knows of any hotel shuttle buses that run from Atlantic City to Philly on gamenights. AC hotels seem to be a lot cheaper!

thanks,
dutch

Flyers26 01-23-2004 12:38 PM

Don't know about buses, but try this website, for cheap hotels:

www.gophila.com

CNote 01-23-2004 01:47 PM

looks like we'll just grab a train! $12 return!
Origin
Departure ATLANTIC CITY 04:50 PM ATLC

Destination
Arrival 30TH ST. (PHL.) 06:33 PM

how close is 30th street to Wachovia?

thanks all,
dutch

paxtang 01-23-2004 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutch
Origin
Departure ATLANTIC CITY 04:50 PM ATLC

Destination
Arrival 30TH ST. (PHL.) 06:33 PM

thanks all,
dutch

I'd say 15 mins? Mabye more. There's a subway station right outside of 30th street, the Market Street line. Go East on that. Get off at City Hall and transfer south to the Broadstreet Line. Run that sucker all the way to the sports complex, it'll put you right near the rink. This is all from memory, I haven't lived in Philly for about a year and I was only there for a little over a year, so a full time resident might be able to clairify.

Cuiff 01-23-2004 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutch
Origin

thanks all,
dutch

Far...Philly is a big city. Try taking the Market street line subway/ east to the Broad street subway/ south. That will drop you off at Broad and Patterson. The center is adjacent to the subway entrance

DanKordicsFist 01-23-2004 04:01 PM

Go to 30th street station and hail a cab. Unless you know your way around on the subway I would avoid spending any time in those urine stained mausoleums.

I used to live there and used them all the time, but my suggestion is take a cab.

Dr Love 01-23-2004 05:40 PM

There's a NJ Transit train that runs from AC to 30th Street station. It taks about an hour and a half and it costs about 7 bucks each way. Exit onto 31st and Market and go down Market Street (towards 32), there is a subway entrance shortly on the right, take the Market Street Line to 15th and Market (it's one stop, but you don't want to walk 15 blocks, do you?), then switch over to the Broad Street Line and take that all the way to Pattison Ave. It's much cheaper than a cab.